Sep 2017 Auto sales. Madness continues. TRUKS+TRANNYS FOR EVERYONE

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:37 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:30 pm

Truth. Luckily I’ll have my gf so we will split rent and utilities proportionally to income. I plan on trying to put at least 25% away to retirement/savings.
Yeah, don't count on that forever.

I moved to CA with my college sweetie. We were together for half of college. Lived in CA for 2 years, I proposed, she said yes...then cheated on me two months later.

Suddenly, my income was cut in half and I was homeless. I had to survive.

You never know what life will do to you. You have to keep monthly commitments low until you get well established.

But I guess a lot of this comes from experience. So whatever.
With :mahtroy: ?!
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

These auto sales threads always take an interesting turn
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SixSpeeder wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:09 pm These auto sales threads always take an interesting turn
:dat: :lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:51 pm Hey Rudy, aside from busting you chops about :troywax: on new :doge: or Arr, I do think a congratulations on a new job opportunity is in order! I'm proud of you broski, it's been an uphill battle for you to date.
Yeah man I’m pretty much unloading on all cylinders hoping to land something. I’ve been using tunnel vision before and it proved to be ineffective.

Keep in touch you stranger.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:37 pm Young man, tell us about this Oregon job!
Not until something substantial happens. But right now things are looking up. It’s for a job in :[user not found]: industry.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:52 pm I am :disappoint: in the nation's apparent lack of :doge: :wub:

End is near for Subaru. I think it's just that other companies have been having all out Crazy Bob fire sales and 0%/96mo financing type bs.
Yep......anything to avoid a down month. Whats the percent of fkd loans now????
Davestr

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:04 pm The Toyota RAV4 topped 42,000 sales for a second consecutive month, leading a booming SUV/crossover class.

For DAVE!
FREE CATALONIA amigo's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Viva indepedence!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
max225

Davestr wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:37 am
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:04 pm The Toyota RAV4 topped 42,000 sales for a second consecutive month, leading a booming SUV/crossover class.

For DAVE!
Why can’t caralonia break away? 91% said yes, isn’t that democracy ?oh wait the world doesn’t work that way
Davestr

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:46 am
Davestr wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:37 am

Why can’t caralonia break away? 91% said yes, isn’t that democracy ?oh wait the world doesn’t work that way
The other side of this is the folks there who didnt vote to leave. They are in fact a majority not the idiots thinking they can stand alone. Some big names in commerce are saying they will move out of Catalonia.....uh oh....there goes the MONEY LOL
Davestr

Ford.....hard to say what they are up to......

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -with-ford
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Davestr wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:47 am Ford.....hard to say what they are up to......

Ford's clawing at anything to make the stock price go up. The CEO's clock is ticking. They proved that there's no loyalty for the top spot...perform or :gtfo:

So they just loaded a bunch of buzzword they read from a few Tesla press releases into one and hoped the market would react appropriately. Looks like the market saw right through it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Davestr

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:36 am
Davestr wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:47 am Ford.....hard to say what they are up to......

Ford's clawing at anything to make the stock price go up. The CEO's clock is ticking. They proved that there's no loyalty for the top spot...perform or :gtfo:

So they just loaded a bunch of buzzword they read from a few Tesla press releases into one and hoped the market would react appropriately. Looks like the market saw right through it.
+1 dat boy got no game at all....
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Acid666 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:23 pm I just read that VW's extended warranty got bumped across their whole product line. Why for?
sales bruh, sales, it's business.
Take a look at Hyundai, 100k mi/10 year warranty and their cars are crap.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

That new Atlas makes the wonders for VW sales.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

MexicanYarisTK wrote:That new Atlas makes the wonders for VW sales.
I think that it will be a big hit. Although the touareg is a better truck, the Atlas gives the consumer all the things they need to get their kids to hockey/soccer/school in comfort and versatility. It's no minivan but pretty close when it comes to seat configurations. It burns less gas and cost much less then a T-reg as well. Probably the same price as a pilot, but way nicer!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:37 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote:That new Atlas makes the wonders for VW sales.
I think that it will be a big hit. Although the touareg is a better truck, the Atlas gives the consumer all the things they need to get their kids to hockey/soccer/school in comfort and versatility. It's no minivan but pretty close when it comes to seat configurations. It burns less gas and cost much less then a T-reg as well. Probably the same price as a pilot, but way nicer!
Also the new Tiguan is here and they have 3rd row seating, sounds competitive enough for the CUV market. I've seen a couple on the road so far.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:37 am I think that it will be a big hit. Although the touareg is a better truck, the Atlas gives the consumer all the things they need to get their kids to hockey/soccer/school in comfort and versatility. It's no minivan but pretty close when it comes to seat configurations. It burns less gas and cost much less then a T-reg as well. Probably the same price as a pilot, but way nicer!
Also the new Tiguan is here and they have 3rd row seating, sounds competitive enough for the CUV market. I've seen a couple on the road so far.
They are :notbad: looking units. I'm wondering what we are going to do with my wife's car needs next. It's still almost 3 yrs away and the touareg has been flawless with its 3.6L/8spd auto. It's a great truck and buy out will be in the new Jetta price range after the lease.

I find VW SUVs drive better then most others in the market segment, but maybe that's just because we landed a good one :iono: . We are starting to go on multi-day excursions with the kids now and space/utility plays a role so it's either suv or large sedan.
max225

Serious question is our Tiguan different from the euro model ? I was kind of excited for it to get here And now that it is here, it looks like it got hit with the ugly hammer. Did the same shit happen as the American Passat? Just a stretched/bloated version of the euro ?!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:43 am Serious question is our Tiguan different from the euro model ? I was kind of excited for it to get here And now that it is here, it looks like it got hit with the ugly hammer. Did the same shit happen as the American Passat? Just a stretched/bloated version of the euro ?!
It's just the long wheelbase version so they can offer the 3rd row option in every trim. In Europe they can get either the US version or a shorter wheelbase that is a 5-passenger only. Seems reviews for the new Tiggy are fairly positive, except for seemingly universal negativity around the :jalepenis: engine. 4,000+ pounds and only 187 horsepower or something like that. Plenty of off-idle torque, but way behind its peers at highway speed.
max225

coogles wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:49 am
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:43 am Serious question is our Tiguan different from the euro model ? I was kind of excited for it to get here And now that it is here, it looks like it got hit with the ugly hammer. Did the same shit happen as the American Passat? Just a stretched/bloated version of the euro ?!
It's just the long wheelbase version so they can offer the 3rd row option in every trim. In Europe they can get either the US version or a shorter wheelbase that is a 5-passenger only. Seems reviews for the new Tiggy are fairly positive, except for seemingly universal negativity around the :jalepenis: engine. 4,000+ pounds and only 187 horsepower or something like that. Plenty of off-idle torque, but way behind its peers at highway speed.
4k lbs ? You sure you’re not confusing it with the atlas ? It should be 3500 tops if it’s a bloated golf
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:49 am
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
:lolol: :nope: :lolol:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
max225

Wow I just read some more about it ... 3700-4100 lbs apparently and 3rd row standard in fwd models?!
:butwhy: it’s only 184 inches long and it has a motherfucking 3rd row? It’s fucking useless.

It looks like a vehicle made for Guadalupe after Javier made it big with his construction gig and is now supervising ppl on the site.

:disgust:

The euro one is great the us one is just a pile of beige garbage
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

3rd row is a way to scam CAFE because you can claim increased seating capacity for the footprint. Most 3rd rows are worthless.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

it's the same. I saw them in Turkey, Germany and now here.

The American passat looks like that so it is attainable and in order to make it comparatively priced. In Europe, Passat is seen as more of an Executive car, even chauffeurs drive them.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:25 pm 3rd row is a way to scam CAFE because you can claim increased seating capacity for the footprint. Most 3rd rows are worthless.
Just how some sports cars have back seats that can’t even hold a :doge: ? Makes sense