Volvo is killin' it - 2019 XC40

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:01 am
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:57 am

There is also an infinity based on the gla. Truly it is entering a super crowded market.
I dunno I don't see vulva anywhere in the same market as the Germans. It is in the same market as Acura and Buick
I think Volvo's design game is on point, doe.

I have an offer to go sell Vulvos. :notsure:
Vulva :dillerman: ? Intriguing...
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:49 am
Apex wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:08 am

I think in 5 years Volvo will be killing it.

Right now... not so much.
In 5 years we'll all be renting Chinese pods!
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Apex wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:08 am

Recent product line looks killer. It's going to take a bit to get people into the seats.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:56 am

Good thing Volvo is a Chinese company then. That is dedicated to EVs and automation.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:39 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:07 am

In this pic, this can can be mistaken to a lesser premium brand, like kia's or possible Renaults, imo.

But other than that, looks good, love the interior.
I see a bit of Nissan Rogue in this pic.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:49 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:56 am

Good thing Volvo is a Chinese company then. That is dedicated to EVs and automation.
That was my point.

Dunno what a :dillerman: does in that scenario :doe:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:( china will rule us all before we're all sleeping with worms :( I refuse to partake
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:09 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:49 pm

That was my point.

Dunno what a :dillerman: does in that scenario :doe:
Become a fleet manager.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:11 pm :( china will rule us all before we're all sleeping with worms :( I refuse to partake
They're accelerating at a very rapid rate. All the "it's made in China so it's garbage" arguments simply don't exist anymore. They passed through industrial revolution phase :mindblown: fast and are in the technological phase, and honestly surpassing what we have.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:17 pm

Become a fleet manager.
:dat:

I'd actually enjoy being a fleet manager.
I think you'd do well with it.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:20 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:11 pm :( china will rule us all before we're all sleeping with worms :( I refuse to partake
They're accelerating at a very rapid rate. All the "it's made in China so it's garbage" arguments simply don't exist anymore. They passed through industrial revolution phase :mindblown: fast and are in the technological phase, and honestly surpassing what we have.
Well the clothing made in china are pretty much the worst material wise, and I'm guilty of wearing them as well :millenial: But I do know scandavanian countries, Denmark and Switzerland don't sell anything made in China.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:23 pm

Well the clothing made in china are pretty much the worst material wise, and I'm guilty of wearing them as well :millenial: But I do know scandavanian countries, Denmark and Switzerland don't sell anything made in China.
Volvos are not sold there ?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:21 pm I got that Volvo. Fucking love it. Such bang for buck.
my uncle's :waxer: friend in Turkey just got himself the new XC90, all the cars he had were either Mercedes or BMW, I do know he's pretty happy with it.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:25 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
That is definitely not correct.
:dat:

Pretty sure they have cell phones and laptops over there...
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
I believe I meant clothing wise.
Johnny_P

I have some made in america shirts / sweatshirts / jackets and other bs that my company hands out and honestly it's below walmart quality. I have a few made in america bike jerseys that are killer. There are good and bad places everywhere.
max225

China doesn't even make much apparel anymore, they have moved far too upmarket for it. It is about Bangladesh or Nam when it comes to that.

China makes the most cars in the world/planes/high speed trains/dams etc.

:disgust:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:34 pm

I have some made in america shirts / sweatshirts / jackets and other bs that my company hands out and honestly it's below walmart quality. I have a few made in america bike jerseys that are killer. There are good and bad places everywhere.
Yeah
it is more depending on the company themselves as opposed to the country of origin.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:34 pm China doesn't even make much apparel anymore, they have moved far too upmarket for it. It is about Bangladesh or Nam when it comes to that.

I began to notice more and more from surrounding or other asian countries.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Yea, Switzerland is not Scandinavian bruh.

:trollface:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:34 pm China doesn't even make much apparel anymore, they have moved far too upmarket for it. It is about Bangladesh or Nam when it comes to that.

In Philly it's taken 6 years to perform an engineering study on how to extend the Broad St subway line 2 stops into the area called the "Navy Yard" which is a booming commercial area with tons of development.

It would never take 6 years to do that in China. The damn thing would be built and operational in less time.

Our government slows us down where theirs mandates things are done and poof! it's done. At some point you need to ignore some of the general public's opinions and make the right choices for your city. We can't seem to do that in this country anymore.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:20 pm

In Philly it's taken 6 years to perform an engineering study on how to extend the Broad St subway line 2 stops into the area called the "Navy Yard" which is a booming commercial area with tons of development.

It would never take 6 years to do that in China. The damn thing would be built and operational in less time.

Our government slows us down where theirs mandates things are done and poof! it's done. At some point you need to ignore some of the general public's opinions and make the right choices for your city. We can't seem to do that in this country anymore.
Slave labor for the win :like:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
Johnny_P

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:33 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:20 pm

More like they just don't give a fuck. If they want it they make it. Look up 3 Gorges Dam and read about how they flooded out so many towns, temples, historical sites, etc. NFG because it'll benefit China and the power is needed. Build it. Fuck the plebes.

Here we have all sorts of people whining about how they don't want the .gov to spend money on that project, the project has to employ union labor, a certain amount of LGBTQ workers, save the turtles, blah blah blah so it'll never get fucking built.
SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:01 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:33 pm

More like they just don't give a fuck. If they want it they make it. Look up 3 Gorges Dam and read about how they flooded out so many towns, temples, historical sites, etc. NFG because it'll benefit China and the power is needed. Build it. Fuck the plebes.

Here we have all sorts of people whining about how they don't want the .gov to spend money on that project, the project has to employ union labor, a certain amount of LGBTQ workers, save the turtles, blah blah blah so it'll never get fucking built.
LGBTQ turtles are people too
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR