:plac: Finds: Show us your automotive goldmines

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

https://neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/d ... 01465.html

super proud of it..... i'd think about it for 3k
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:32 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:29 pm

:aintcare:
Painted door. Check.
Architectural Interior. Check.
Pot Filler. Check.

Just cap all that shit off with a beater Miata with a blown engine and mismatched body panels. You are conflicted my friend.
dude, you make me :lolol: even when I'm the target, well done :bravo:

also not wrong

also leaves options for KSWAPSSSSSSS
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:36 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:29 pm

a top is 400 bucks and rattle cans are a thing

I DO NOT WANT A NICE CAR
:disgust:

I don't get it.
I want to beat the shit out of it and not care about dings, scratches, cone rash, etc.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:notbad:

Assuming it needs nothing more than mine needed:

Spyder
car 2000
koni inserts 610
camber bolts 32
bump stops 52
strut mounts 112
end links 112
sway bar 400
bushings 25
6uls 318
rpf1s 400
Rival-s 664
lug nuts 20
hub rings 20
o2 sensor 53
oem air filter 18
trim parts 25
brake pads 82
spark plugs 16
valve cover 26

total 4985

Definitely a better deal than $7k for a fully sorted 2003 with 40k fewer miles and non-busted bumper.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:43 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:32 pm

Painted door. Check.
Architectural Interior. Check.
Pot Filler. Check.

Just cap all that shit off with a beater Miata with a blown engine and mismatched body panels. You are conflicted my friend.

also not wrong

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:36 pm
:disgust:

I don't get it.
I want to beat the shit out of it and not care about dings, scratches, cone rash, etc.
Just set up shop at Ray Ray's I guess, I doubt he'd notice, if he did just move the operation to Dubshow's mom's golf course.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:07 pm https://batonrouge.craigslist.org/cto/d ... 56835.html

:jimp:

also not linked:
6k 350z
10k frz with 150k
6k Z32 300zx TT
quite a custom trailer. 6k for a 10 year old Z? or 6k for a 25-30 year old Z? :notsure:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:46 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:43 pm

also not wrong

Just set up shop at Ray Ray's I guess, I doubt he'd notice, if he did just move the operation to Dubshow's mom's golf course.
thats the idea
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:46 pm

Spyder
car 2000
koni inserts 610
camber bolts 32
bump stops 52
strut mounts 112
end links 112
sway bar 400
bushings 25
6uls 318
rpf1s 400
Rival-s 664
lug nuts 20
hub rings 20
o2 sensor 53
oem air filter 18
trim parts 25
brake pads 82
spark plugs 16
valve cover 26

total 4985

Definitely a better deal than $7k for a fully sorted 2003 with 40k fewer miles and non-busted bumper.
you simply cannot count your year old 200+ run Rivals as part of what you spend on the car troy, and maintenance does not increase 'the value' of 15 year old cars

good luck with your sale, but its just not a 7k thing to me (or most of the world)
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:59 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:46 pm

Spyder
car 2000
koni inserts 610
camber bolts 32
bump stops 52
strut mounts 112
end links 112
sway bar 400
bushings 25
6uls 318
rpf1s 400
Rival-s 664
lug nuts 20
hub rings 20
o2 sensor 53
oem air filter 18
trim parts 25
brake pads 82
spark plugs 16
valve cover 26

total 4985

you simply cannot count your year old 200+ run Rivals as part of what you spend on the car troy, and maintenance does not increase 'the value' of 15 year old cars

good luck with your sale, but its just not a 7k thing to me (or most of the world)
I look forward to your nationally competitive car that you build for $350 and a few AR's. Please document the process for us!
troyguitar

Here ya go!
Duckies;2098830 wrote:I have a 99 Mazda Miata Sport with 143k on the odometer, and all the records since new. I am the third owner, first autocrosser. I campaigned it for three years in ES, did okay, but decided I wanted to track it, too. So I located a hardtop, bought a Blackbird Fabworx GT3 bar, and installed them this weekend. Then I sat down in the car without the seat to test fitment... and I don't. I'd have to drop the floor. that's not worth it for a car that is class competitive.

Has the full ES prep kit - Konis, RB 1.125 bar, RB mounting blocks, 949 endlinks, SSR 15x6 wrapped in 205 RE71R. OE Sport wheels are wearing Rivals, for variety. Alignment is -1 in front, -1.5 in the rear. I have the sheet, too, if you want to see it.

OE top is in excellent condition, with the glass window
Hardtop has both the latches and the SM brackets, whatever you want to put on is fine with me.
OE driver's seat has had a mild foamectomy done. Maybe dropped an inch, but not the super duper cuts that others have done.
Set of Lotus Elise S2 (non-probax) seats that were new in box when I put them in the car for ten minutes. I still have the little rubber protectors for the threads on the bottom.

Feel free to reach out to me on the car - 404-939-0312. devon.bain@gmail.com.

Here's the album with every picture I've taken of it. I hate to sell it, but it isn't the right car for me. Gonna go find a 07+ 350z.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/V2KxLXwJ53kw8JGV2

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11246[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11247[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11248[/ATTACH]
He's only asking $10500.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I actually place value in the previous owner of a vehicle. Buying some beat to hell thing that's clearly been neglected for cheap will likely end up costing way more in the long run. Been there, done that multiple times.

I would absolutely pay a premium to buy a car from Troy. I know it's been thoroughly gone through with top quality parts and an attention to detail that 95% of sellers simply can't comprehend.

But, I also want a "nice car" so my point of view is clearly invalid.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:20 pm I actually place value in the previous owner of a vehicle. Buying some beat to hell thing that's clearly been neglected for cheap will likely end up costing way more in the long run. Been there, done that multiple times.

I would absolutely pay a premium to buy a car from Troy. I know it's been thoroughly gone through with top quality parts and an attention to detail that 95% of sellers simply can't comprehend.

Brad wants a Miata with 3 different colors of body panels to park next to Ray Ray's U-Boat Commander Mercedes for all of eternity. You just don't even Airboat.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar

Here's the other similarly prepped one for sale currently that I know of:
steverife;2087730 wrote:Alright, the ES car is officially for sale:

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder. 5 speed. 88k miles. Koni inserts (fronts new in '16, rears new in '17). a set of four 15x6 6UL's, a set of 15x7 RPF1's, stock wheels. 1" Addco front sway bar. Magnaflow muffler.

Good: Car has never "used" any oil in my possession. Top doesn't leak. Car shines up nice. A/C works great. I've driven the car 24k miles since purchased June '15 all over the place without issue. Car has won 2 trophies at Solo Nats, an ETR pro class season championship, and various trophies and pros and tours. New clutch, motor mounts, and driver side axle in '17. New battery less than a year ago.

Bad: Loss of clear coat on corner of hood. Loss of paint due to cone attack on corner of bumper. Very slight drip from valve cover gasket (new gasket included). Top faded and starting to tear near window. Usual interior quirks for 14 year old autocross car that hauls tools and whatnot.

Asking $8200. Will include 30'ish run 205/50/15 RE71R's and Rival S 1.5's of same size with no hassle deal at that price.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 2c47c321ca
I've beaten him by at least a few tenths every time we ran against each other, but it's a decent car. That's just what things cost if you want to be competitive.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:20 pm I actually place value in the previous owner of a vehicle. Buying some beat to hell thing that's clearly been neglected for cheap will likely end up costing way more in the long run. Been there, done that multiple times.

Brad wants a Miata with 3 different colors of body panels to park next to Ray Ray's U-Boat Commander Mercedes for all of eternity. You just don't even Airboat.
:lolol:
Yea, I just can't.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:25 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:24 pm

Yea, I just can't.
:iono:

I get the appeal of a project like that, but not without a 3+ car garage. For under $15k I could build something that I'd probably enjoy just as much as that $40k Fiata GT, if not more. Something with shit paint would be great excuse to mess with rattle can paint/plastidip jobs, so it could be a cool color without costing too much.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Nah brah. Cash talks Bullshit walks.
sub $1000 miata with no roof and 2 wheels, and 1 cylinder or :gtfo:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:33 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:25 pm
Yea, I just can't.

I get the appeal of a project like that, but not without a 3+ car garage. For under $15k I could build something that I'd probably enjoy just as much as that $40k Fiata GT, if not more. Something with shit paint would be great excuse to mess with rattle can paint/plastidip jobs, so it could be a cool color without costing too much.
I think there's a middle ground between a project car and these derelict Miatas Brad keeps posting. Look, it's almost free! Cars that are selling for scrap value will cost far more to get running right than spending just a little more on the front end.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:38 pm

I think there's a middle ground between a project car and these derelict Miatas Brad keeps posting. Look, it's almost free! Cars that are selling for scrap value will cost far more to get running right than spending just a little more on the front end.
I could see starting with a straight rust-free shell and spending 1000+ hours and $10k+ making something cool as a fun and worthwhile endeavor if I had the space to :dealwithit: - and I kind of want to do that some day. It wouldn't be competitive in autox at all though and likely won't ever happen.

Realistically there's no great reason to buy my car unless you plan on running competitively in ES at national autox events. For any other use case, there are better options. Spyders in general cost more than Miatas, you have to want one enough to pay extra for it.
troyguitar

My :fullretard: dream is to build a small MR sports car with 600-1000cc sportbike power, using two engines - one powering each rear wheel. Rather than having an LSD or traction control, I'd like to explore "torque vectoring" of sorts by electronically limiting power to the inside wheel around corners.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I somehow decided to search Rx8's, but I stumbled upon this, i'd say it's overpriced considering the mileage
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc ... 09490.html
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:38 pm

:dat:

I totally get projects. And like Troy, I'd love to take one on when I have the garage space. But to permanently drive around in a POS is :butwhy:
ChrisoftheNorth

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:27 pm I somehow decided to search Rx8's, but I stumbled upon this, i'd say it's overpriced considering the mileage
:notsure: on "reliable" but a neat car. Price is straight :fullretard: :doe:
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:27 pm I somehow decided to search Rx8's, but I stumbled upon this, i'd say it's overpriced considering the mileage
Damn japs lost the war for a reason, car had over 100hp unlocked via a simple tune.
Current HP is around 390.There is a full custom exhaust, 3.5" intake, Custom front mount intercooler,CS Turbo, CS 3.5bar MAP, CS oil catch can, new front and rear brake pads and rotors, New 6 puck clutch, CPe rear motor mount and both rear differential mounts, CS bypass valveCS fuel internals Cobb AP is used for tuning Tuned by PD
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:44 pm
Damn japs lost the war for a reason, car had over 100hp unlocked via a simple tune.
Current HP is around 390.There is a full custom exhaust, 3.5" intake, Custom front mount intercooler,CS Turbo, CS 3.5bar MAP, CS oil catch can, new front and rear brake pads and rotors, New 6 puck clutch, CPe rear motor mount and both rear differential mounts, CS bypass valveCS fuel internals Cobb AP is used for tuning Tuned by PD
Fully reliable, breh. T00ned by P FUCKING D!!! Legendary, knows way more than the dudes that built the engine.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:46 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:44 pm

Fully reliable, breh. T00ned by P FUCKING D!!! Legendary, knows way more than the dudes that built the engine.
Just for fucking SHITS and giggles, I looked em up.

https://www.pd-tuning.com/
Will is there for you day and night. No matter how noob the question he’s there to help you. My car feels 100x better after having him tune it. More mods coming and there is no other tuner and tuning company I would rather go to. PURPLE DRANK FTW
max225

Had the opportunity to tune Speed By Design LLC's new ecoboost mustang turbo kit before release. Stock motor, SBD Turbo kit, and an aux fuel kit using winter blend e67 put down 456whp/418wtq with their stage 1 turbo offering. We are limiting tq down low for connecting rod longevity, and tapering up the boost as the rpm's rise. The kit should be available shortly over at
Stage 1 at 456HP and car didn't even run righ... stupid engineers. So much power left...
SLAY THOSE 5.SLOWS

PURPLE Drank!