:plac: Finds: Show us your automotive goldmines

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:57 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:55 pm

I call :bs:
:dat: maybe he only wants a local buyer or something? :iono:
I think he's fishing for more. If the car magically comes up as available tomorrow, we'll know.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Who knows. I'm tired of this :bs: either way, I don't have time to be shopping for cars every damn day. Either this miata works out, that silver Spyder works out, or I'm quitting until the fall/winter. I'm not doing what I always end up doing - getting impatient, caving, and buying something I don't really want at a price I don't really want to pay. The buy high, sell low life has to end.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:09 pm Who knows. I'm tired of this :bs: either way, I don't have time to be shopping for cars every damn day. Either this miata works out, that silver Spyder works out, or I'm quitting until the fall/winter. I'm not doing what I always end up doing - getting impatient, caving, and buying something I don't really want at a price I don't really want to pay. The buy high, sell low life has to end.
Just don't get desperate. Keep an eye out casually, and what comes up comes. I usually take months to buy a car.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Wait :wtf: I am totally lost now with all these random cars.
:mahtroy: can you just start a god damn thread. For some of us immigrants your :plac: 'ing is hard to follow.

1. Wtf is the BRG Miata?
2. I thought you bought the Poorsche wheels already
3. Did you cancel the whole Poorsche idea?
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:12 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:09 pm Who knows. I'm tired of this :bs: either way, I don't have time to be shopping for cars every damn day. Either this miata works out, that silver Spyder works out, or I'm quitting until the fall/winter. I'm not doing what I always end up doing - getting impatient, caving, and buying something I don't really want at a price I don't really want to pay. The buy high, sell low life has to end.
Just don't get desperate. Keep an eye out casually, and what comes up comes. I usually take months to buy a car.
I've been shopping off and on for 2 years and seriously for the past 8 months. Exactly 2 cars have popped up that actually meet everything I'm looking for including price, that's these two. Hell I was ready to throw way too much money at the local Poorsche guy to just be done, but he randomly quit replying to texts and doesn't answer calls. I can't even buy a fucking car that I don't really want.

The answer, as always, is to have more money and just order whatever you want brand new. :waxer: is always right.
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:16 pm Wait :wtf: I am totally lost now with all these random cars.
:mahtroy: can you just start a god damn thread. For some of us immigrants your :plac: 'ing is hard to follow.

1. Wtf is the BRG Miata?
2. I thought you bought the Poorsche wheels already
3. Did you cancel the whole Poorsche idea?
Miata deetz are in this thread.

Poorsche wheels are incoming, but they were cheap enough that they can be resold for a small profit so :aintcare: if I use them or not.

I still like the Poorsche idea but no owner is willing to sell one to me with reasonable options at a reasonable price. They all want full retail pricing or more for shit that doesn't even have the damn sport package which costs another $2000 to add... and most can't even figure out whether they have said sport package, or how to take a photo or type or answer a phone call.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:12 pm
+1 I started getting serious in March. I bought in early June. Aint no reason to rush at all. Its cars and sometimes its a 10 min process or a 10 month ordeal. I got sick of search at times as well.
Davestr

Nice way to haul ur stuff or people - https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/de ... 67660.html
ChrisoftheNorth

Davestr wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:44 pm Nice way to haul ur stuff or people - https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/de ... 67660.html
Is it just me, or has that aged really well? It hardly looks dated.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Davestr wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:44 pm Nice way to haul ur stuff or people - https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/de ... 67660.html
:notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:02 pm
Is it just me, or has that aged really well? It hardly looks dated.
It's not just you. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Apex wrote:Image

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-p ... carrera-6/

Aero kit AND factory LSD. :fuckyeah:
You had me at LSD
troyguitar

Silver MR2 dude actually did finally get back to me, I'll know more tomorrow but this :plac: might actually happen:

https://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/6138847814.html

Very little info so far, but I get the impression that the owner is the typical old dude weekend cruiser who has quit driving the car because old knees/back/etc. This is all he wrote:
Hi Troy, sorry it's late getting back with you, it is still for sell and if you would like to see it sometime this weekend let me know. Right now I'm too beat to send pics or talk on the phone,(hard hearing anyway lol). Hope you are local enough to come see it without driving far.
I'm going to try to bring cash and :doit: tomorrow if the car is in decent shape.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

troyguitar wrote:Silver MR2 dude actually did finally get back to me, I'll know more tomorrow but this :plac: might actually happen:

Very little info so far, but I get the impression that the owner is the typical old dude weekend cruiser who has quit driving the car because old knees/back/etc. This is all he wrote:
Hi Troy, sorry it's late getting back with you, it is still for sell and if you would like to see it sometime this weekend let me know. Right now I'm too beat to send pics or talk on the phone,(hard hearing anyway lol). Hope you are local enough to come see it without driving far.
I'm going to try to bring cash and :doit: tomorrow if the car is in decent shape.
My guess is health issues beyond back/knees.

Same reason we got our house and our new neighbors theirs. Boomers be gettin old.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:48 pm Silver MR2 dude actually did finally get back to me, I'll know more tomorrow but this :plac: might actually happen:

:notbad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote:Silver MR2 dude actually did finally get back to me, I'll know more tomorrow but this :plac: might actually happen:

Good luck, this isn't a bad idea.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

The A6 is a great car. VAG doe.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:59 pm Image

Oh wow. 996 perfection. :mindblown:
The wants are real.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:16 pm

The wants are real.
I'm curious to see what this car actually sells for... it's so high up the want list right now. :jimp:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:

The wants are real.
:dat:

The red int is beautiful, and it's had the IMS bearing done. I wonder what the final sale price will be.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:28 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:16 pm

The wants are real.
I'm curious to see what this car actually sells for... it's so high up the want list right now. :jimp:
That red interior is so tits. I am still kicking myself for not buying that damn 2009 Cayman I saw. It was black with red full leather non S. Porsche of main line wanted $42k. It was worth every penny of that. This was in 2012 or 2013.
Davestr

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:48 pm Silver MR2 dude actually did finally get back to me, I'll know more tomorrow but this :plac: might actually happen:

In 4 das deets!!
troyguitar

Davestr wrote:

In 4 das deets!!
:plac:Image
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:55 pm
Davestr wrote:
In 4 das deets!!
:plac:Image
So you bought it? Nice!

I saw a yellow Mister 2 today that was this gen and it sounded great. Thought of you as it brapped past. :wub: