ITT: Brad completes his domestication and buys a minivan.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Well the way i see this bmw disposal problem is 3 fold:

1. Keep it and maybe never be out from under the fracking thing :rage: :fax:

2. sell it to carfux and write a nearly 10k check :rage: :rage: :rage:

3. Trade it in along with wifes rdx (paid off) to soften blow and get her another vehicle. Prob. a minivan. :notbad: :fax:

:fax: Recall reason to get rid of bmw was for cashflow. I mean this will help reduce, but still a pretty high payment. Logic is at least it will be for a nice new car that we get good utility and use out off.

:fax: Also the acura needs tires like very soon, and the central locking is acting up. So those issues would go away.

:fax: update:
I can get back almost a grand on the extended warranty and GAP. so thats a plus.

The :dill: the honda :dillerman: got us before we walked saturday was:

24k on the two trades. 31k for a NOS 2016 honda odyssey well equipped. payoff off on the ultimate depreciation machine is 29k.

Plan would be to HELOC the 5k of negative equity and just be 31k into the actual car itself, that's about a 450 payment. Pay off double time before :baby:

The odyssey's hold their value EXTREMELY well. we looked at a used one that was only one trim higher (in car video system ie DVD. :spinulator: ), 40k farts, and they were at 29,5K for that car. f that for 2k more new all day long right? But also, will be at value parody on that in less than 2 years.

Anyway, what say you :dillerman: 's
Last edited by goIftdibrad on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
brain go brrrrrr
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Ford transit.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Sno wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:19 amFord transit.
:notbad:

no power sliding doors :doe:
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:impressive:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

A lot of :butwhy: feels right now.

If it's really a cash flow problem, is jumping into a $450 payment a good idea? No. What is the BMW payment? You're basically going full circle and also borrowing $5k against your house to have a mom car instead of a mom car AND a pretty darn epic ultimate depreciation machine.

Just keep everything as-is, fix the RDX and enjoy the Fancy Gayata. Either way you're really paying $10k to off it, so just make that $10k over however many payments that is, same financial burden but you get to enjoy owning the car during it. Then revisit offing it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:24 am A lot of :butwhy: feels right now.

If it's really a cash flow problem, is jumping into a $450 payment a good idea? No. What is the BMW payment? You're basically going full circle and also borrowing $5k against your house to have a mom car instead of a mom car AND a pretty darn epic ultimate depreciation machine.

Just keep everything as-is, fix the RDX and enjoy the Fancy Gayata. Either way you're really paying $10k to off it, so just make that $10k over however many payments that is, same financial burden but you get to enjoy owning the car during it. Then revisit offing it.
560 is the bmw payment.

re: :[user not found]:

one kid and two :doge: :doe:

I hear you guys on the whole cashflow thing. The money is spent. If i could dump the payment that would of course be the best thing. But I cannot.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:55 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
560 is the bmw payment.

I hear you guys on the whole cashflow thing. The money is spent. If i could dump the payment that would of course be the best thing. But I cannot.
Two dogs does change it for me.

I do think it makes sense. The BMW is an anchor.
so true :(

Ive made some bad fucking car moves, but this one will take the cake for sure from a strictly fnicial perspective. Its a great car, but jesus. :waxer:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

It's the fastest way out of the depreciation machine, and if you can hold onto the Minivan for the long term (5+ years) then it overall makes solid sense.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:50 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:24 am A lot of :butwhy: feels right now.

560 is the bmw payment.

:doge: can't ride in the hatch area of the RDX?

:iono: $450 or $560 both suck. Doesn't seem like there's an easy way out like with Fled's Silverado hole :sad:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:06 am It's the fastest way out of the depreciation machine, and if you can hold onto the Minivan for the long term (5+ years) then it overall makes solid sense.
we'd definitely keep it long term. It's the ultimate family hauling machine.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

:sass:

I approve of minivan.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:17 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:50 am

560 is the bmw payment.

:doge: can't ride in the hatch area of the RDX?

:iono: $450 or $560 both suck. Doesn't seem like there's an easy way out like with Fled's Silverado hole :sad:
they can, but with one kid+us+dags we are officially 100% out of room before we put in a single suitcase.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:17 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:06 am It's the fastest way out of the depreciation machine, and if you can hold onto the Minivan for the long term (5+ years) then it overall makes solid sense.
:turboyaris:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:31 am Also, if the RDX hatch is anything like the CRVs, it's actually fairly awkward for loading shit like strollers into.

Yep. and quite high. Also the dags aint getting no younger and the jump onto the rdx is hard for the GSD. which means i have to man handle 90 lb GSD.

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:32 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:17 am

Already have one! :wub: my :turboyaris:
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Write a $10k check now or write one later, that number isn't going to go down. BMWs depreciate until they bottom out at like $10 grand. In the meantime you'll need to pay registration, insurance, etc on the BMW.

If cash flow is the concern then yeah getting rid of the Bimmer makes sense.

IDK if I'd get rid of the RDX but you have some valid concerns about keeping it with the added kin, so sure go for it. Keep in mind :doe: that children absolutely destroy vehicles. A super nice :waxer: van isn't a good idea with a cheerio-thrower in the middle seat. Ask :therapist:

There's no point in keeping a car you won't use or don't want anymore. Off it and lick your wounds. What about a BaT auction?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:53 am Write a $10k check now or write one later, that number isn't going to go down. BMWs depreciate until they bottom out at like $10 grand. In the meantime you'll need to pay registration, insurance, etc on the BMW.

If cash flow is the concern then yeah getting rid of the Bimmer makes sense.

IDK if I'd get rid of the RDX but you have some valid concerns about keeping it with the added kin, so sure go for it. Keep in mind :doe: that children absolutely destroy vehicles. A super nice :waxer: van isn't a good idea with a cheerio-thrower in the middle seat. Ask :therapist:

There's no point in keeping a car you won't use or don't want anymore. Off it and lick your wounds. What about a BaT auction?
You haz mah feels.

re: BaT auction: why would someone pay more for my car than they could get used from a :dillerman: right now?

I'm pretty fucked :(

update to top:
I can get back almost a grand on the extended warranty and GAP. so thats a plus.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:01 am Re reading. I think this is a great move, not just a good one. Strongly recommend the ody with the vacuum if available.
Rear air vents are a huge plus too, but I think they all have that now.

I think it's worth looking at :doge: too, the Pacifica looks :notbad: and :doge: :dillerman: will surely throw $5k on the hood before negotiations start.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:01 am Re reading. I think this is a great move, not just a good one. Strongly recommend the ody with the vacuum if available.
:dat:

Get out from under the looming BMW upsidedowness. Plus, you get a tool for the family you can use.

As much hate as Minivans get, they're amazingly useful, fucking roomy as shit.

I wonder how many Groms can fit inside an Odyssey...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Thanks for your input :[user not found]:
:bravo:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:08 am

I think it's worth looking at :doge: too, the Pacifica looks :notbad: and :doge: :dillerman: will surely throw $5k on the hood before negotiations start.

re: dodge. We went and looked at pacificas. They were
1. not very hungry re: cash on the hood
2. the fucking ac sucks. FCA went to the R-1234yf shit and its terrible AND i cant work on it.
3. the power stow away rear seats were broken on a brand new car. even if we dont get that trim....thats not a good sign.
4. interior trim was :poop:

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:09 am
That vacuum is a backhanded way of Honda telling soccermoms everywhere that failing to clean up after your cheerio-tossing spawn is unacceptable. I love it.
LOLOLOL :lolol:
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

Ultimate depreciation machine

GOTS TO GO, DOE
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:14 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:08 am

re: dodge. We went and looked at pacificas. They were
1. not very hungry re: cash on the hood
2. the fucking ac sucks. FCA went to the R-1234yf shit and its terrible AND i cant work on it.
3. the power stow away rear seats were broken on a brand new car. even if we dont get that trim....thats not a good sign.
4. interior trim was :poop:

That vacuum is a backhanded way of Honda telling soccermoms everywhere that failing to clean up after your cheerio-tossing spawn is unacceptable. I love it.
LOLOLOL :lolol:
:gay:
Oddy then. They're pretty awesome vans. A friend of mine bought one, he has 2 kids plus doge. They fucking love it, and he used to own an RSX Type S.... he said it's legit not bad to drive.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That vacuum is a built in abortion machine. I love it.
FTFY
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Sno wrote:Ford transit.
:fuckyeah:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:17 am we'd definitely keep it long term. It's the ultimate family hauling machine.
:DAT: !Image