Half a Car: The Motorbike Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Barnes93cb wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:55 am
4zilch wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:28 am
Roughly the same distance from Sno and me. :doit:
I dont think I could TOTD with my bike. I'm just not experienced enough. So the miata would go.
Nothing wrong with that. I have just as much fun in my FiST as the motorbikes
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Went and test rode a 2017 street bob with the 103ci motor. That thing is a monster in comparison to my Yamaha Bolt.

I NEED one. Im going to search for used though. I would rather save a few grand.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

so many lulz
brain go brrrrrr
Barnes93cb

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:46 pm

so many lulz
jesus fuck. this is awesome.
SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

so many lulz
:dat:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

so many lulz

:lolol:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

so many lulz

:lolol:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

I like this
https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy ... 73629.html

I also like the WR250R but that might be a bit much for a first bike? The offroad enduro but street legal bikes look fun as hell to me.
Probably won't actually buy anything here, just found myself looking at stuff on :crang: slist.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:51 am I like this
https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy ... 73629.html

I also like the WR250R but that might be a bit much for a first bike? The offroad enduro but street legal bikes look fun as hell to me.
Probably won't actually buy anything here, just found myself looking at stuff on :crang: slist.
i like it
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

this is relevant to all the tiny trailer folks.

http://panofish.net/garage-trailer-lift/

Neat. Considering.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:05 am this is relevant to all the tiny trailer folks.

Neat. Considering.
I have thought about doing almost exactly the same thing many times. It's really not that much work/cost, but ultimately I think I want to stick to an enclosed trailer with stuff stored semi-permanently in it. Great concept :doe:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:05 am this is relevant to all the tiny trailer folks.

Neat. Considering.
That's a pretty cool setup he's got there.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Neat. Considering.
My tiny trailer folds up :aintcare:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

:fuckyeah:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Neat. Considering.
:sass:
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:32 pm
4zilch wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:31 pm

:sass:
:dat: :lolol:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:32 pm Image
:fuckyeah:
:notbad: :stig:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

At the track today. Some :millennial: cart-wheeled his shit :fullretard: :wtf: in the first session.
Barnes93cb

Laid the bike down this morning. Was taking a turn and hit some gravel. The rear ended started sliding out and I wasn't able to save it. I ended up getting thrown over the bike. Landed on my left side and hit my head. Overall I am fine. There is a very small amount of rash on my shoulder and elbow. And my head is starting to hurt more. I'm sitting at the hospital now to get checked out after my leadership strongly encouraged it. My uniform is wrecked but my gear did its job. My helmet is almost spotless but the sun shade doesn't work and obviously post wreck I need a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:04 pm Laid the bike down this morning. Was taking a turn and hit some gravel. The rear ended started sliding out and I wasn't able to save it. I ended up getting thrown over the bike. Landed on my left side and hit my head. Overall I am fine. There is a very small amount of rash on my shoulder and elbow. And my head is starting to hurt more. I'm sitting at the hospital now to get checked out after my leadership strongly encouraged it. My uniform is wrecked but my gear did its job. My helmet is almost spotless but the sun shade doesn't work and obviously post wreck I need a new one.

Glad you ok dude.
brain go brrrrrr
Barnes93cb

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:04 pm Laid the bike down this morning. Was taking a turn and hit some gravel. The rear ended started sliding out and I wasn't able to save it. I ended up getting thrown over the bike. Landed on my left side and hit my head. Overall I am fine. There is a very small amount of rash on my shoulder and elbow. And my head is starting to hurt more. I'm sitting at the hospital now to get checked out after my leadership strongly encouraged it. My uniform is wrecked but my gear did its job. My helmet is almost spotless but the sun shade doesn't work and obviously post wreck I need a new one.

Glad you ok dude.
Thanks bud.

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:46 pm

Glad you ok dude.

Glad you were wearing gear.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Glad you were wearing gear, and that you're getting checked out!

Hopefully they send you on your way with nothing more than orders to rest.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Track day'd at Putnam yesterday. Below are some of my mental notes I took through-out the day.

First session was fine, found a comfortable pace on a cold track. Track has more patches than there were in July :disappoint: Session was red flagged shortened by a few minutes when someone went :fullretard: and cartwheeled their bike through the grass

2nd session was coming along fine and I was building speed, until I had a big rear end slide as I began adding throttle exiting T2. Killed my confidence for the session.

3rd session was my best. Really fast, knee down in nearly every turn loads of confidence.

4th session was coming along fine until I got stuck behind a couple of slower riders. I'm a pretty patient passer as I know that I can around most bikes on corner exit, the straights, or on the brakes depending on the situation. I tend not to pass people mid-corner unless I'm confident in their ability to hold a line, and that I can get around them quickly. I'm biding my time for a couple of corners, waiting for a comfortable place to pass, when a guy on a 1098 bombs me on the inside just as I'm approaching the apex of T6 (a fairly highspeed, no brakes corner). We couldn't have been more than a few inches apart before I stood my bike up and nearly ran off course. Spooked and pissed, I parked it for the session, unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the guy that did it. Really not a safe place to pass anyone on a track day, especially considering that there's a braking zone into the slowest corner on the track just ahead.

Debated on going out in the 5th session, as I had been considering packing it up after the incident in the previous session. I was able to separate myself from other riders and got in some good laps. The rear tire was pretty much done at this point and I was spinning/sliding a far bit on corner exits. I did have some fun sliding the rear (ever so slightly) when rolling on the power exiting T10 and onto the strait away.

Overall a decent day, but I didn't ride my best. I spent much of the day working on corner exits and adding throttle earlier, consequently I began running into brake fade late in the sessions. The lever never really got spongy, so I've got to believe that I just overworked the pads. Part of this was due to me over-braking into corners, but I also likely need to upgrade my pads to something with a bit more temperature range.

Putnam map for reference:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:28 pm Track day'd at Putnam yesterday. Below are some of my mental notes I took through-out the day.

First session was fine, found a comfortable pace on a cold track. Track has more patches than there were in July :disappoint: Session was red flagged shortened by a few minutes when someone went :fullretard: and cartwheeled their bike through the grass

2nd session was coming along fine and I was building speed, until I had a big rear end slide as I began adding throttle exiting T2. Killed my confidence for the session.

3rd session was my best. Really fast, knee down in nearly every turn loads of confidence.

4th session was coming along fine until I got stuck behind a couple of slower riders. I'm a pretty patient passer as I know that I can around most bikes on corner exit, the straights, or on the brakes depending on the situation. I tend not to pass people mid-corner unless I'm confident in their ability to hold a line, and that I can get around them quickly. I'm biding my time for a couple of corners, waiting for a comfortable place to pass, when a guy on a 1098 bombs me on the inside just as I'm approaching the apex of T6 (a fairly highspeed, no brakes corner). We couldn't have been more than a few inches apart before I stood my bike up and nearly ran off course. Spooked and pissed, I parked it for the session, unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the guy that did it. Really not a safe place to pass anyone on a track day, especially considering that there's a braking zone into the slowest corner on the track just ahead.

Debated on going out in the 5th session, as I had been considering packing it up after the incident in the previous session. I was able to separate myself from other riders and got in some good laps. The rear tire was pretty much done at this point and I was spinning/sliding a far bit on corner exits. I did have some fun sliding the rear (ever so slightly) when rolling on the power exiting T10 and onto the strait away.

Overall a decent day, but I didn't ride my best. I spent much of the day working on corner exits and adding throttle earlier, consequently I began running into brake fade late in the sessions. The lever never really got spongy, so I've got to believe that I just overworked the pads. Part of this was due to me over-braking into corners, but I also likely need to upgrade my pads to something with a bit more temperature range.

Putnam map for reference:
:fuckyeah: writeup
brain go brrrrrr