Half a Car: The Motorbike Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:21 am
dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:20 am so did :mahtroy: sell his :scrooge: bike or is that still around?
Sold, shortly after :poorvette: was sold IIRC.
:sad:

thats super lame. they cost nearly nothing to keep around.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

4zilch wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:59 pm Now with video.

That looks awesome Zilch!
Apex

dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:29 am
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:21 am

Sold, shortly after :poorvette: was sold IIRC.
:sad:

thats super lame. they cost nearly nothing to keep around.
He went thru multiple helmets/ear plug combo's and hated the wind noise. Wouldn't have ridden it anymore so off it went.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:47 am
4zilch wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:59 pm Now with video.

Here's another video from one of the guys I was following. I come through at about the 3 minute mark.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex

4zilch wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:01 am
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:47 am

Here's another video from one of the guys I was following. I come through at about the 3 minute mark.
Nice. I like how much more upright you are, like you're out for a Sunday cruise while everyone else is hunched over.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:12 am
4zilch wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:01 am

Nice. I like how much more upright you are, like you're out for a Sunday cruise while everyone else is hunched over.
Naked bike vs. race bike.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

4zilch wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:30 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:49 am Do any of you ladies ride cruisers? Or am I the only old man in here?
I used to ride a v-rod. Acid has/had one as well, but other than that you're it.
Im sticking with cruisers even though my heart lives with sports bikes.

Im trying to get some opinions and recommendations on upgrades from my bolt to something bigger.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:35 pm
4zilch wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:30 am

I used to ride a v-rod. Acid has/had one as well, but other than that you're it.

Im trying to get some opinions and recommendations on upgrades from my bolt to something bigger.
Have you looked into Triumph and Indian's offerings?
Barnes93cb

4zilch wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:00 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:35 pm

Nothing in my price range that I like. The only companies that have anything for me so far are. Yamaha, Harley, and Victory.

Im looking for something 1500cc or larger and more bobber/sporty looking. Id like it to be efi and under $12K.

Ive found the HD Street Bob to be pretty nice, the Yamaha raider was nice but fuel consumption is terrible, and the victory vegas is pretty nice too.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:12 pm
4zilch wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:00 am
Nothing in my price range that I like. The only companies that have anything for me so far are. Yamaha, Harley, and Victory.

Im looking for something 1500cc or larger and more bobber/sporty looking. Id like it to be efi and under $12K.

Ive found the HD Street Bob to be pretty nice, the Yamaha raider was nice but fuel consumption is terrible, and the victory vegas is pretty nice too.
Victory doesn't exist anymore :doe: My brother had a Vegas for awhile, they're nice enough bikes, but the fit and finish is horrible IMO, especially when compared to Harley.

The Triumph Thunderbird Storm is and the Indian Scout are both nice bikes. Street Bobs are ok, but they're kinda basic bitch when it comes to the Harley world.

You could always look into a Ducati Diavel. Used prices have really come down on those.
Barnes93cb

4zilch wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:15 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:12 pm

Victory doesn't exist anymore :doe: My brother had a Vegas for awhile, they're nice enough bikes, but the fit and finish is horrible IMO, especially when compared to Harley.

The Triumph Thunderbird Storm is and the Indian Scout are both nice bikes. Street Bobs are ok, but they're kinda basic bitch when it comes to the Harley world.

You could always look into a Ducati Diavel. Used prices have really come down on those.
Yes I know I cannot get a new victory. I am only looking used. The 106 that comes on those bikes is what appeals to me. And the looks are decent although I have yet to really get personal with one.

Never seen a storm or scout in person to know. Id have to look into finding one locally to see. The street bob is nice to me. The 96 or 103 are both pretty anemic from harley but over time if I did want faster they have a market of options. They simplistic styling and the spoked wheels are what appeal to me the most. I would convert to the fat bob style dual headlight.

Just looked the Diavel up. And its a great performance bike but not very cruiser styled. Im not too sure how that will be for my back.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:24 pm
4zilch wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:15 pm

Yes I know I cannot get a new victory. I am only looking used. The 106 that comes on those bikes is what appeals to me. And the looks are decent although I have yet to really get personal with one.

Never seen a storm or scout in person to know. Id have to look into finding one locally to see. The street bob is nice to me. The 96 or 103 are both pretty anemic from harley but over time if I did want faster they have a market of options. They simplistic styling and the spoked wheels are what appeal to me the most. I would convert to the fat bob style dual headlight.

Just looked the Diavel up. And its a great performance bike but not very cruiser styled. Im not too sure how that will be for my back.
What is it about the seat position(s) that hurt your back? Is it the reach/being bent forward, leg position, etc.
Barnes93cb

4zilch wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:27 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:24 pm

What is it about the seat position(s) that hurt your back? Is it the reach/being bent forward, leg position, etc.
Bent forward. My lower back is pretty messed up from sports, arthritis, and degenerating discs.
And most of the upright bikes like the FZ6 look a bit odd to me. Its as if the rider is sitting above the bike and not connected to it. It just looks too high.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Barnes93cb wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:08 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:27 am

Bent forward. My lower back is pretty messed up from sports, arthritis, and degenerating discs.
And most of the upright bikes like the FZ6 look a bit odd to me. Its as if the rider is sitting above the bike and not connected to it. It just looks too high.
so its the look of an upright bike you dont like. got it.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:57 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:08 pm

so its the look of an upright bike you dont like. got it.
:dat:

Though from an ergo perspective a standard bike might be right up your alley. If your feet are underneath vs. ahead of you, it will help take pressure off of your lower back. Check out cycle-ergo.com to compare some seating positions.

Also the Diavel is kind of a low seat standard bike. Not quite cruiser, but not quite a standard. You definitely sit in that one.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

anyone know anything about Confederate Motorcycles??

http://confederate.com/

https://store.confederate.com/products/p51-fighter

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex

Now I'm surfing :crang: slist for ADV bikes again...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:04 pm Now I'm surfing :crang: slist for ADV bikes again...
What are you on the hunt for?
Apex

4zilch wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:37 am
Apex wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:04 pm Now I'm surfing :crang: slist for ADV bikes again...
Wifey and I were talking today and I mentioned that I want to get my bike license at least. Then I'd like to pick something like a Triumph Tiger or BMW GS up... I did find a nice Buell Ulysses doe.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:23 am
4zilch wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:37 am

Wifey and I were talking today and I mentioned that I want to get my bike license at least. Then I'd like to pick something like a Triumph Tiger or BMW GS up... I did find a nice Buell Ulysses doe.
Adding a Multistrada to your list. https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/6108387469.html
Apex

4zilch wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:21 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:23 am

Adding a Multistrada to your list. https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/6108387469.html
:fuckyeah:

Maintenance seems like it would be :waxer: on a Ducati though?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:45 pm
4zilch wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:21 pm

:fuckyeah:

Maintenance seems like it would be :waxer: on a Ducati though?
On older Ducs sure, but the modern bikes are no different than the rest. Valve adjustments are the expensive part, and frequency and cost isn't any different than the other brands.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Exhaust ordered for the Grom. Intake and ECU next I guess. And a head temp gauge.

Zilch, you have any input on ECU's for moterbikes?
brain go brrrrrr
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier