Half a Car: The Motorbike Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

4zilch wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:05 am EICMA is just 4 days a way. Here’s a list of what may be unveiled by manufacturers.

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/e ... ore-144283
The third model is likely to be the BMW G310S, the sport bike version of BMW’s small-displacement 310cc platform. With the TVS Akula 310 already being teased in India (TVS is helping BMW build its small-displacement motorcycles), BMW’s version of the sport bike is likely not far off
:megusta:
We also expect to see the KTM 390 Adventure finally debut – although it feels like we have said that for the past few years, so who really knows what is going on with that machine.
:megusta:
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Mostly interested in:
KTM
The big reveal from the Austrians will be the KTM 790 Duke, which features an ~800cc parallel-twin engine. The big question though will be how far from the KTM 790 Duke prototype the production machine strays, with spy shots showing a number of changes from KISKA’s intriguing design.
MV Agusta
Only one new motorcycle is expected from MV Agusta, though it promises to be a big one. The MV Agusta Brutale 1200 has been more than teased by even MV Agusta’s CEO, and it promises to finally update this aging but iconic name.

Built off a bigger four-cylinder engine platform, the Brutale 1200 could be the first of several 1,200cc models from Varese, and hopefully it is a prelude to a new MV Agusta F4 superbike, which had to be put on hold because of the Italian brand’s financial difficulty.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

4zilch wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:32 am Mostly interested in:
KTM
The big reveal from the Austrians will be the KTM 790 Duke, which features an ~800cc parallel-twin engine. The big question though will be how far from the KTM 790 Duke prototype the production machine strays, with spy shots showing a number of changes from KISKA’s intriguing design.
MV Agusta
Only one new motorcycle is expected from MV Agusta, though it promises to be a big one. The MV Agusta Brutale 1200 has been more than teased by even MV Agusta’s CEO, and it promises to finally update this aging but iconic name.

Built off a bigger four-cylinder engine platform, the Brutale 1200 could be the first of several 1,200cc models from Varese, and hopefully it is a prelude to a new MV Agusta F4 superbike, which had to be put on hold because of the Italian brand’s financial difficulty.
:sass:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

KTM 390 Adventure? Intriguing...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Melon wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:41 am
4zilch wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:32 am Mostly interested in:

:boxodicks:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:43 am
Melon wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:41 am

:boxodicks:
Go on...
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

790 duke sounds :fuckyeah:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Co-worker mentioned to me he is thinking about selling his 2005 KTM 950 Adventure.
20-ish thousand miles, for ~ $4,000.

Told him to give me a call sometime, so I can throw a leg over and take it for a ride.

Not the bike for sale, but similar to this.
Apex

Melon wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:13 pm Co-worker mentioned to me he is thinking about selling his 2005 KTM 950 Adventure.

Told him to give me a call sometime, so I can throw a leg over and take it for a ride.

:megusta: I love those things.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Melon wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:13 pm Co-worker mentioned to me he is thinking about selling his 2005 KTM 950 Adventure.

:scoot:
brain go brrrrrr
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Yeaaaaa! Get an old man bike!
Almost bought an r1 today but it was sold lmao
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Oh I might have an old man date soon. My friend's financee's father has a ktm 450 and has no one to ride with.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Reached an agreement on price on the Husaberg last night, now I’ve got cold feet :pussy:

Lack of aftermarket is concerning. The smarter buy is Honda, but the ‘Berg is an exotic thing.

:dong: vs. :fax:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

NeonJonny wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:57 pm Oh I might have an old man date soon. My friend's financee's father has a ktm 450 and has no one to ride with.
Do you generally ride with people, or prefer to ride solo?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:55 am Reached an agreement on price on the Husaberg last night, now I’ve got cold feet :pussy:

Lack of aftermarket is concerning - namely an aftermarket fuel tank - stock tank only holds 2.2 gal :jalepenis: . The smarter buy is Honda, but the ‘Berg is an exotic thing - basically test bed for KTM ideas.

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:12 pm

:scoot:
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

4zilch wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:56 am
NeonJonny wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:57 pm Oh I might have an old man date soon. My friend's financee's father has a ktm 450 and has no one to ride with.
I've never ridden with anyone in the dirt. Ever.

On the dirt I'd like to have someone to ride with for safety. Snakes, falling in a weird place, getting stuck, or having the bike break down can be a nightmare by yourself. It doesn't help that there's absolutely no cell phone service up in the mountains. I'm still new to dirt.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

4zilch wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:55 am Reached an agreement on price on the Husaberg last night, now I’ve got cold feet :pussy:

Lack of aftermarket is concerning. The smarter buy is Honda, but the ‘Berg is an exotic thing.

I bet lambros have a lack for aftermarket, too. The whole point of the ktm/bergnation is not dealing with the Honda shortcomings..
Pros of my situation is no maintenance. I just make sure I have oil in the bike and go. Sometimes I even change the oil. I think I've changed it twice. since I've owned it in three years.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

NeonJonny wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:14 pm
4zilch wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:56 am

I've never ridden with anyone in the dirt. Ever.

On the dirt I'd like to have someone to ride with for safety. Snakes, falling in a weird place, getting stuck, or having the bike break down can be a nightmare by yourself. It doesn't help that there's absolutely no cell phone service up in the mountains. I'm still new to dirt.
Seriously, this is why I have a sat phone.

If you don't want to deal with expiring minutes, a minimal monthly plan is not really that bad at ~$30/month for peace of mind insurance on the chance that you really might need it one day.
Apex

Husaberg plus KTM is a sweet motorbike stable. Can't wait for you to bring it home!
Barnes93cb

If anyone has the chance to go visit the barber motorsports park I highly suggest it.

The quality of both new and old bikes from around the world and different eras is mind blowing.

Plus the track runs right next to the museum. You can watch them race from the exhibits.

There is a Porsche racing experience offered there too. I think one day I will make my way back.

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

NeonJonny wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:30 pm

I bet lambros have a lack for aftermarket, too. The whole point of the ktm/bergnation is not dealing with the Honda shortcomings..
Pros of my situation is no maintenance. I just make sure I have oil in the bike and go. Sometimes I even change the oil. I think I've changed it twice. since I've owned it in three years.
Very true. I’d spend as much money on the Honda to make it as good as the ‘Berg.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:59 pm If anyone has the chance to go visit the barber motorsports park I highly suggest it.

The quality of both new and old bikes from around the world and different eras is mind blowing.

Plus the track runs right next to the museum. You can watch them race from the exhibits.

There is a Porsche racing experience offered there too. I think one day I will make my way back.

It’s on my short list of “tracks I must ride” for next year.
Barnes93cb

4zilch wrote:
Barnes93cb wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:59 pm If anyone has the chance to go visit the barber motorsports park I highly suggest it.

It’s on my short list of “tracks I must ride” for next year.
If they have a day I could take the Miata I might. But I don't see myself ever getting into a sport oriented bike. My back is only getting worse at 24 years old.

I'd love to do the Porsche experience depending on the price.

The asphalt was pristine and the sloping turns were fun to see how different level riders were handling. In my first five minutes there I saw one guys bike break down. It was pretty sad too because I think it was an aprilla.