Half a Car: The Motorbike Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Bike drop off went well, I got in a final 50 mile back road ride to meet the buyer tonight. Forgot about the refund from cancelling the bike insurance... so overall I'm at like +$200 actual profit from the 6 months of Ninja experience, $2100 :plac: profit. Is this how :alpo: luck feels every day? :fuckyeah:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

My off the peg gear fits!!!! much excite. It feels like i'm stuffed in there like a sausage, but all the zips and stuff work without even struggling.

It looks way better on me than it feels.

Anyway, BRAP ON
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:36 am My off the peg gear fits!!!! much excite. It feels like i'm stuffed in there like a sausage, but all the zips and stuff work without even struggling.

Anyway, BRAP ON
SOON....
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Melon wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:42 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:36 am My off the peg gear fits!!!! much excite. It feels like i'm stuffed in there like a sausage, but all the zips and stuff work without even struggling.

Anyway, BRAP ON
SOON....
hopefully you are not wrong.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I fully support :fax: @ maximum lean.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

All of :dat:

:fuckyeah:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Track day Grom! :fuckyeah:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Speaking of Grom...

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm in the early stages of considering one.

Infamous has been asking to buy scooters for a while. Where we live, scooters/small bikes make a ton of sense for getting from city to city on surface streets. We can ride to downtown Detroit and other fun cities that are difficult on bicycles because traffic moves so fast, but would be fine on a small bike/scooter. Looking into it, Groms are pretty much the same price as scooters....so why not just Grom? I'd look like a fucking moran, but that's kind of the point, right?

:notsure:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:45 am Speaking of Grom...

Infamous has been asking to buy scooters for a while. Where we live, scooters/small bikes make a ton of sense for getting from city to city on surface streets. We can ride to downtown Detroit and other fun cities that are difficult on bicycles because traffic moves so fast, but would be fine on a small bike/scooter. Looking into it, Groms are pretty much the same price as scooters....so why not just Grom? I'd look like a fucking moran, but that's kind of the point, right?

We all do.

Grom > Scooter b/c manual transmission and 60-ish mph top speed.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I saw a Grom on the back of a Grand Cherokee and lol'd a little bit last week. I want one, but no place to keep it and :notsure: on where I'd actually ride it. I did see a guy commuting on one last week too.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

grom nation. Yes, its a ton of fun. get her a scooter, like a 125 class 4 stroke or something and you a grom.
Groms are staarting to get cheaper used, expect to pay between 2-3 depending on condition.

Gently used low milage scoots are a steal everywhere you find em.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

I liked the ninja as a scooter that can still go anywhere. 5 gallon tank and half the price of a Grom too. If my other half had shown any interest in bikes, I'd have kept it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:27 am

grom nation. Yes, its a ton of fun. get her a scooter, like a 125 class 4 stroke or something and you a grom.
Groms are staarting to get cheaper used, expect to pay between 2-3 depending on condition.

So, what scooters should I look for? Everything I find is like the price of a Grom.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

For a woman, you probably want to spend more on something nicer anyway IMO so that she doesn't :nope: out when it needs work or whatever. See what she thinks looks cool and start from there.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:06 am

So, what scooters should I look for? Everything I find is like the price of a Grom.
I like hondas personally, but any jap scoot will be pretty good stuff.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:11 am For a woman, you probably want to spend more on something nicer anyway IMO so that she doesn't :nope: out when it needs work or whatever. See what she thinks looks cool and start from there.
:mahtroy: with the useful advice
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Some chick on our street has a pink Vespa, so she wants one of those because it's "oh so cute" :rolleyes:

She also has shown interest in the Ruckus, but those things are stupid :waxer: for some reason. Seriosuly, Grom can be had for the same price.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:47 am Some chick on our street has a pink Vespa, so she wants one of those because it's "oh so cute" :rolleyes:

She also has shown interest in the Ruckus, but those things are stupid :waxer: for some reason. Seriosuly, Grom can be had for the same price.
dont know whats going on in meatchicken that a grom is the price of a ruk, but nope to that.

Vespas are great, but they :waxer: That said, they hold value well.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Aprilia scooter with Biaggi graphics :stig:

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/6140487178.html
ChrisoftheNorth

4zilch wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:54 am
Aprilia scooter with Biaggi graphics :stig:

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/6140487178.html
Woa, that's cool!
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:08 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:47 am Some chick on our street has a pink Vespa, so she wants one of those because it's "oh so cute" :rolleyes:

dont know whats going on in meatchicken that a grom is the price of a ruk, but nope to that.

Looks like Yamaha makes a 125 Vino that looks like a Vespa, but can be had for around $1k.

Dat plus a Grom for me might be :notbad:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:09 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:08 am

Looks like Yamaha makes a 125 Vino that looks like a Vespa, but can be had for around $1k.

yep. Honda makes a rip off too called the metropolitan, but i think its only a 50cc.

Vino + Grom :doit:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:17 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:09 pm Looks like Yamaha makes a 125 Vino that looks like a Vespa, but can be had for around $1k.

yep. Honda makes a rip off too called the metropolitan, but i think its only a 50cc.

She's into the idea, surprisingly. She thinks the Vino is "super cute". :rolleyes:

Vino + Grom seems pretty perfect for what we want to do.

We'll need to take a safety course and get our licenses, but that's not a big deal. I'll see if I can get her into that.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:23 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:17 pm

She's into the idea, surprisingly. She thinks the Vino is "super cute". :rolleyes:

We'll need to take a safety course and get our licenses, but that's not a big deal. I'll see if I can get her into that.
Sounds like you need a trailer to bring the scooters behind the :poorvette: on trips.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Sounds like you need a trailer to bring the scooters behind the :poorvette: on trips.
:lolgasm: :nope:

This is strictly for fun and easy transport locally. If we take them anywhere, that's the the TRUK is for. :triggered: