Half a Car: The Motorbike Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

stripethree wrote:Is this with or without keeping the current KTM? If "with" do you give any fucks about having variety in the stable?
:aintcare: about brand variety.

I’m about 70% certain that the big bike stays for another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

You can get a running xr600r for like 800 bucks.
An uncorked 650R is scary fast. An orange bike will certainly be better in every way except reliability. They are two wheeled tractors!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

NeonJonny wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:21 pm You can get a running xr600r for like 800 bucks.
An uncorked 650R is scary fast. An orange bike will certainly be better in every way except reliability. They are two wheeled tractors!
Rode an 650r earlier this year at the track and got hooked. I'd be curious to ride the orange one back to back with the red bike. Despite being older, heavy, and on conventional forks the 650r an extremely capable bike, particularly at high speed.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Which one is more :trollface: at the track?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:30 pm Which one is more :trollface: at the track?
Probably the Honda. But supermotos, or well ridden 300-class sportbike are pretty :troll: in general the track.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Zilch, here is a pic of my tire. It was like this but worse on the last track day

the worst of the damage from falling off.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:07 am Zilch, here is a pic of my tire. It was like this but worse on the last track day

the worst of the damage from falling off.
Those look fine. You could probably stand to drop pressure a smidge to widen your contact patch.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:38 am

Those look fine. You could probably stand to drop pressure a smidge to widen your contact patch.
sweet, thanks.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Went out for a little drive this afternoon, was supposed to grab lunch but the little place we were heading to was closed for the season. Soooo, we decided on a different place and the route happened to have a little bit of road that I know like the back of my hand.

Get up to the fun bit and notice a Ducati 996 making a U-turn to hit the same road. :notbad:
Flip the pumpkin into sport mode and hit it. The turns are mostly steady-state with some decreasing radius thrown in for good measure, and as I'm having my fun I see/hear the Ducati on my tail... Catch him in the side view and he's knee-down leaned way over keeping up. :megusta:

He blasted by in a passing zone on the next road as I was behind a Focus SE.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 pm Went out for a little drive this afternoon, was supposed to grab lunch but the little place we were heading to was closed for the season. Soooo, we decided on a different place and the route happened to have a little bit of road that I know like the back of my hand.

Get up to the fun bit and notice a Ducati 996 making a U-turn to hit the same road. :notbad:
Flip the pumpkin into sport mode and hit it. The turns are mostly steady-state with some decreasing radius thrown in for good measure, and as I'm having my fun I see/hear the Ducati on my tail... Catch him in the side view and he's knee-down leaned way over keeping up. :megusta:

He blasted by in a passing zone on the next road as I was behind a Focus SE.
:megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

brain go brrrrrr
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:57 pm Image
:dat:

I miss Gromming
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:ohdang: posted these in the wrong thread earlier

Has possibilities: https://knoxville.craigslist.org/mcy/d/ ... 33543.html

:jimp: but kinda :waxer:

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld ... 47969.html

Really like this one, but it’s lacking a title and certificate of origin, which makes getting and street legalling a little trickier.

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/mcy/ ... 71285.html
Last edited by 4zilch on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

4zilch wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:23 pm :ohdang: posted these in the wrong thread earlier

Really like this one, but it’s lacking a title and certificate of origin, which makes getting and street legalling a little trickier.

First two links are borked.
:derp:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Melon wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:27 pm
4zilch wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:23 pm :ohdang: posted these in the wrong thread earlier

First two links are borked.
:derp:
Fixed in the OP
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Personally I'd buy a bike already plated. But... I'm in California though so you have to work the system to get them through. Fuck C.A.R.B.!

I can't remember what state it is... Vermont was doing it for a while. Now the state is South Dakota. but you can get it registered in that state without living there. Then you receive your plate in the mail. THEN take it back to the dmv and say you just moved and are bringing your final vehicle over and title it where you live now.
https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/12 ... periences/
I got lucky. I found my XR600R for 900 bucks. After it wheelied in 3rd I had to have the bike. I said if you can sweet talk the lady at the dmv for a plate i'll give you 1500. By golly he fuggin' got it through. Helps to be a good lookin' dude.. Fucking Bill Clinton'ed her ass.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

NeonJonny wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:45 pm Personally I'd buy a bike already plated. But... I'm in California though so you have to work the system to get them through. Fuck C.A.R.B.!

I can't remember what state it is... Vermont was doing it for a while. Now the state is South Dakota. but you can get it registered in that state without living there. Then you receive your plate in the mail. THEN take it back to the dmv and say you just moved and are bringing your final vehicle over and title it where you live now.
https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/12 ... periences/
I got lucky. I found my XR600R for 900 bucks. After it wheelied in 3rd I had to have the bike. I said if you can sweet talk the lady at the dmv for a plate i'll give you 1500. By golly he fuggin' got it through. Helps to be a good lookin' dude.. Fucking Bill Clinton'ed her ass.
Already plated definitely saves some hassle, but in Indiana getting a title changed for onroad is pretty doable. The vehicle needs to be inspect by a LEO and fortunately I have a cousin on the force so that part is easy. The lack of title and MSO makes things difficult. Vehicles sold on a bill of sale only takes some leg work to get titled. The biggest pain in the ass being an unopened/returned certified letter to the seller requesting the title. I could bypass that part of it by getting a court order to issue a title to me...also a pain in the ass.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Why are you not making plans right this second for an alcoa trip.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:17 am Why are you not making plans right this second for an alcoa trip.
:dat: :dat: :dat:

So much :dat:

I demand to see you kn Killboy's highlights in two weeks.
Knee down, NFG
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Hope ya get one soon. Two pigs are better than one. its almost riding season here. Lmao ( I said that like a month ago) its supposed to be 103 today
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Melon wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:22 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:17 am Why are you not making plans right this second for an alcoa trip.

Knee down, NFG
Because I'm working :sad:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:31 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:22 am

Knee down, NFG
weekends?
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:32 pm
4zilch wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:31 pm

weekends?
No, but it's also Sno's first weekend off since like April. :notsure: how she'd feel about riding in a car all of the way down to TOTD.

Edit: perhaps I'll buy and pick it up in another weekend or two. These things are easier to do solo - leave at 5 am for roughly 10 am arrival, pay-up, load bike, and head home by 11. Back in time for dinner :lol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:27 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:32 pm
weekends?
No, but it's also Sno's first weekend off since like April. :notsure: how she'd feel about riding in a car all of the way down to TOTD.
eh, couldn't hurt to start talking to the guy if you are really interested. Just say you have plans this weekend and could not do till 11-4, not a lie.

though, i bet if you rent one of those swanky 1br cabins with a private pool in gatlinburg Sno would suffer through the experience with you :hubba:
brain go brrrrrr