The Second Thoughts/Buyers Remorse Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:25 pm
Detroit wrote: Big time.

Still not 100% sure that it's worth the price premium over a GTI, but I definitely get the appeal.
Pure :troywax: , it's better then a GTI doe even if the math doesn't work out

Improvements include:
-suspension
-cams/valves/valve springs/turbo
-part time awd which means more hooning in rain and snow
-ramz
-paint options
-upgraded headlights
-upgraded exhaust
-upgraded brakes
It's ok. Rationalize it however you need.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:28 pm
Detroit wrote: :dat:

Or, a 1SMP lease on something with maintenance covered and $0 down.
:dat: , such a win here but it needs to be complimented with something fun or else suicide might be the end game.
I agree with that. Honestly, it's the best of both worlds, IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:25 pm Pure :troywax: , it's better then a GTI doe even if the math doesn't work out

Improvements include:
-suspension
-ramz
-paint options
-upgraded headlights
-upgraded exhaust
-upgraded brakes
It's ok. Rationalize it however you need.
Like I mentioned earlier, I do have second thoughts about the purchase only because of my driving style. I'm doing a lot of highway cruising, and probably should have bought a car that's ideal for that driving style. Besides that, I'm glad that I got the R over a GTI 4/7 days.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Tarspin wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:25 pm
Detroit wrote: Big time.

Still not 100% sure that it's worth the price premium over a GTI, but I definitely get the appeal.
Pure :troywax: , it's better then a GTI doe even if the math doesn't work out

Improvements include:
-suspension
-ramz
-paint options
-upgraded headlights
-upgraded exhaust
-upgraded brakes
Worth it for AWD... the GTI can't put power down.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:42 am
Detroit wrote: It's ok. Rationalize it however you need.
Like I mentioned earlier, I do have second thoughts about the purchase only because of my driving style. I'm doing a lot of highway cruising, and probably should have bought a car that's ideal for that driving style. Besides that, I'm glad that I got the R over a GTI 4/7 days.
As long as YOU'RE happy. That's all that matters.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:42 am Like I mentioned earlier, I do have second thoughts about the purchase only because of my driving style. I'm doing a lot of highway cruising, and probably should have bought a car that's ideal for that driving style. Besides that, I'm glad that I got the R over a GTI 4/7 days.
As long as YOU'RE happy. That's all that matters.
Okthanksbrah
Johnny_P

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:55 am
Detroit wrote: As long as YOU'RE happy. That's all that matters.
Okthanksbrah
I understand the purchase, breh :wub:
The GTI has too much power routed through the front wheels anymore. My AWD corolla has opened my eyes to this fact.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:55 am Okthanksbrah
The GTI has too much power routed through the front wheels anymore. My AWD corolla has opened my eyes to this fact.
I think so too. I have yet to experience anything except grab and go when I mash the pedal. I could go the rest of my natural life never feeling front wheel hop and I'll be much happier for it. Plus unlike a GTI, these cars have nearly 300 hp on tap. Front wheel drive version would be annoying as shit.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:55 am
Detroit wrote: As long as YOU'RE happy. That's all that matters.
Okthanksbrah
:lolgasm:

My point is to not let a bunch of fake news douchebags on the internet sway your decisions.
Johnny_P

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:38 am
Johnny_P wrote:
I think so too. I have yet to experience anything except grab and go when I mash the pedal. I could go the rest of my natural life never feeling front wheel hop and I'll be much happier for it. Plus unlike a GTI, these cars have nearly 300 hp on tap. Front wheel drive version would be annoying as shit.
My stock MK6 would wheel hop itself straight through 1st and 2nd gear if you matted the gas. It sucked. The STI squats and rockets off. Much better.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:55 am Okthanksbrah
Imagegasm:

My point is to not let a bunch of fake news douchebags on the internet sway your decisions.
:dat: Image

Nah I am as confident with this purchase as I am with any car I would have bought, just pondering whether or not it was the BEST move. I specifically :troywax: to celebrate a major milestone in my life AND because my earth killer was giving me a really great buyback amount so I looked at it like a $10k credit that wouldn't be there if I just sold it.

During my research I went from vehicles like a base Jetta/Cruze/Civic to the IS, STI and R. In hind sight I wonder if I should've put more emphasis on driving style which so often in my case is cruising at 70 mph in a straight line. The R budget which was going to get spent no matter what could have opened the door to cars like the Charger SRT8/some MB/BMW products, etc that I barely considered.

On the flip side, if I bought any of those products I'd still be pondering the same things about the R/IS/STI
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Chrger 392 SRT is the way to go for comfortable and powah.

And if you have the space to drive it.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:54 am
Detroit wrote: Imagegasm:

:dat: Image

Nah I am as confident with this purchase as I am with any car I would have bought, just pondering whether or not it was the BEST move. I specifically :troywax: to celebrate a major milestone in my life AND because my earth killer was giving me a really great buyback amount so I looked at it like a $10k credit that wouldn't be there if I just sold it.

During my research I went from vehicles like a base Jetta/Cruze/Civic to the IS, STI and R. In hind sight I wonder if I should've put more emphasis on driving style which so often in my case is cruising at 70 mph in a straight line. The R budget which was going to get spent no matter what could have opened the door to cars like the Charger SRT8/some MB/BMW products, etc that I barely considered.

On the flip side, if I bought any of those products I'd still be pondering the same things about the R/IS/STI
Nah, you have your Ellis powered mullet barge. The hatch practicality aspect should not be overlooked either. I don't think there is a person on this forum who wouldn't be excited to pilot that thing as a daily.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:54 am :dat: Image

Nah, you have your Ellis powered mullet barge. The hatch practicality aspect should not be overlooked either. I don't think there is a person on this forum who wouldn't be excited to pilot that thing as a daily.
Then why am I being a little bitch about it??

:trollface:
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

I would love a golf r but dat price
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:24 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
Then why am I being a little bitch about it??

I have not the faintest idea.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P

dtraill27 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:38 pm I would love a golf r but dat price
Might as well settle for a WRX then
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:dat: 40g's is a good chunk of change.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:24 pm Then why am I being a little bitch about it??

I have not the faintest idea.
Ellis.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:42 pm

I'm buying my dad wagon. Subaru plz bring over Levorg k thankz
Johnny_P

dtraill27 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:51 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:42 pm

:yeahok:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

My only thought was I should've gotten a manual instead of DSG with the current GTI, but at the same time, I don't regret the car either. I loved my previous mk6 more than mk7, and mk7 is really a love/hate relationship.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:51 pm
dtraill27 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:51 pm

:yeahok:
I just built a premium model cause thats what I had previously to see if it'd be any cheaper. Not even 2k cheaper. LED lights are worth that on their own.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Yup definitely Ellis, it's a perversion. V8 all things!Image
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:07 pm Yup definitely Ellis, it's a perversion. V8 all things!Image
:amazing: