The Second Thoughts/Buyers Remorse Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:05 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:02 am

Oh shit a red 2011?

That was the juan I wanted. Thos fender flares doe.
yep still had the black headlights it was so good looking. bought in 13 with 30k and traded it in 15k with 60k. Not counting the mountaineer its the longest I've kept a car. I let the plastic interior and shit stereo get to me. I should have just modded the interior. I already had the Invidia q300 on it so I didn't need to do anything else for sound.
The 2010 I test drove... I got that thing sideways on the test drive :lolol:

Hoon-mobile. Fun car. AND that car rode pretty nicely too, soaked up the road imperfections better than my STI or hell even the GTI.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:08 am
dtraill27 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:05 am

yep still had the black headlights it was so good looking. bought in 13 with 30k and traded it in 15k with 60k. Not counting the mountaineer its the longest I've kept a car. I let the plastic interior and shit stereo get to me. I should have just modded the interior. I already had the Invidia q300 on it so I didn't need to do anything else for sound.

Hoon-mobile. Fun car. AND that car rode pretty nicely too, soaked up the road imperfections better than my STI or hell even the GTI.
Yeah it was a pretty good highway cruiser and even with the exhaust it didn't bother me cause it was rumble not just a continuous drone. Cliff notes are that I'm an idiot. I actually like the 18 redesign a lot and really would rock another WRX but its just going to be if scrooge wins this time and I go with the golf alltrack

Insurance on that was $1800 a year for 23 year old me.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:13 am

Yeah it was a pretty good highway cruiser and even with the exhaust it didn't bother me cause it was rumble not just a continuous drone. Cliff notes are that I'm an idiot. I actually like the 18 redesign a lot and really would rock another WRX but its just going to be if scrooge wins this time and I go with the golf alltrack

Insurance on those WRX's and STi's is :ludacris:
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:16 am

I'll have to run a quote on an 18 to see but I mean my Taco is $1300 for the year which is pretty :ludacris: I need to shop around though think I'm getting boned by Erie
Johnny_P

I like the new bumper for 2018.
WRX doesn't rumble doe. But WRX with a tune would be good, and doing it again, I guess that's the better way to go? The STI needs a tune anyway to cure the stupid throttle, and if you're going to tune it just get the lower model to save some cash.

Diffs doe. And rumble. IDK. My car is fucking insanity on a back road.
Johnny_P

High insurance and fuel usage.
Lower depreciation and repairs.
It balances out.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:18 am

WRX doesn't rumble doe. But WRX with a tune would be good, and doing it again, I guess that's the better way to go? The STI needs a tune anyway to cure the stupid throttle, and if you're going to tune it just get the lower model to save some cash.

Yeah I'll miss the rumble fo sho but I just can't go full waxer on the STI though. Premium WRX with the sport package and recarbros is the ideal set up for me
Johnny_P

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:18 am

I'll have to run a quote on an 18 to see but I mean my Taco is $1300 for the year which is pretty :ludacris: I need to shop around though think I'm getting boned by Erie
in4wrx

The new wheels and bumper look really good. I can give you the name of my salesman if you want. He's in Oradell NJ, not too too far away from you.
Johnny_P

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:19 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:18 am

Yeah I'll miss the rumble fo sho but I just can't go full waxer on the STI though. Premium WRX with the sport package and recarbros is the ideal set up for me
IIRC the recaros are WRX/STI bases with recaro backs. So they're kind of fauxcaros.
I'd go limited I think and get the HK stereo and LED headlights and more-adjustable seat.
Last edited by Johnny_P on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apex

I have some regrets with selling my WRX. 2004 wingless WRB, lowered on JDM STi springs, Perrin rear sway bar, 5Zigen exhaust, and 16x8 Rota Slipstreams with 245's all around. That car was stupid fun.
I did sell it so I could buy my 968 so it's not all bad.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:22 am

in4wrx

The new wheels and bumper look really good. I can give you the name of my salesman if you want. He's in Oradell NJ, not too too far away from you.
Dat's a nice looking car.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

in4wrx

Don't you put that evil on me!
dtraill27 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:19 am

IIRC the recaros are WRX/STI bases with recaro backs. So they're kind of fauxcaros.

Do you even Subaru?

lol its a new option for 18 only available on WRX premiums
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:26 am I have some regrets with selling my WRX. 2004 wingless WRB, lowered on JDM STi springs, Perrin rear sway bar, 5Zigen exhaust, and 16x8 Rota Slipstreams with 245's all around. That car was stupid fun.
I did sell it so I could buy my 968 so it's not all bad.
:impressive:
Johnny_P

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:27 am

in4wrx

Do you even Subaru?

Yas I do. I found that tidbit in the iwsti forums or something. Those seat bottoms are the same ones in my car. IMO they're not deep or long enough. But whatever. I actually kind of liked the cloth seats in the regular WRX, they didn't feel any different than the ones I have just were covered in cloth instead of suede.

$2k for different seat backs, front brake pads, and no moonroof doesn't sound like the best deal to me personally.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:32 am
dtraill27 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:27 am

Do you even Subaru?

Yas I do. I found that tidbit in the iwsti forums or something. Those seat bottoms are the same ones in my car. IMO they're not deep or long enough. But whatever. I actually kind of liked the cloth seats in the regular WRX, they didn't feel any different than the ones I have just were covered in cloth instead of suede.

$2k for different seat backs, front brake pads, and no moonroof doesn't sound like the best deal to me personally.
True, after having LED headlights 3 cars in a row it'd be hard to go back. I just built a limited model with the only option STi front lip and MSRP is 32,854. Not bad. Will be interesting next year if I let scrooge win or not.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I kind of regret not buying a WRX at some point. Now the insurance in MI is so :ludacris: (like the GTI was), I don't think I would pull it off.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Apex

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:44 am BRB making bad decisions

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/
What does the performance pack get you on the WRX?
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:52 am
dtraill27 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:44 am BRB making bad decisions

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/
What does the performance pack get you on the WRX?
not much, moonroof delete, seats, brake pads, and most importantly red calipers

I just used that video since its a good overview of the car in general with out some douche talking the whole time. IE

Did you know he's on his 3rd crashstang?
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Apex wrote:
dtraill27 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:13 am Yeah it was a pretty good highway cruiser and even with the exhaust it didn't bother me cause it was rumble not just a continuous drone. Cliff notes are that I'm an idiot. I actually like the 18 redesign a lot and really would rock another WRX but its just going to be if scrooge wins this time and I go with the golf alltrack

Mine went up from the wrx to the tdi.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Apex

Calvinball wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:15 am
Apex wrote:
Mine went up from the wrx to the tdi.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:wtf:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Maybe I should buy a car that's NOT a VW. They're all I've ever owned. I'm a fan of the egg I guess.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ChrisoftheNorth

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:43 am Maybe I should buy a car that's NOT a VW. They're all I've ever owned. I'm a fan of the egg I guess.

Woa. That's some :impressive: loyalty.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:43 am Maybe I should buy a car that's NOT a VW. They're all I've ever owned. I'm a fan of the egg I guess.

:mindblown:

I do see the appeal doe R is a great car
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:48 am

:mindblown:

I do see the appeal doe R is a great car
Big time.

Still not 100% sure that it's worth the price premium over a GTI, but I definitely get the appeal.