VW Recall!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

So I got my official letter...

Now I am going to get in and get it notarized. After that pay day bitches!

Since I don't have the Japanese sports car I'll need to do major work jewing dealers out of money....
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

maxtdi wrote:So I got my official letter...

Since I don't have the Japanese sports car I'll need to do major work jewing dealers out of money....
In4updates
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote:

In4updates
This is how it goes...

Get letter signed... and get it uploaded again... then they approve it and you schedule a turn in date.

I need 2-3 weeks to get all my shit lined up... I still haven't found my replacement vehicle

Also if i PARK the TDI. The payback amount will go UP in value because they will retroactively back date 12,500 miles a year from turn in date to 9/2015. And use that as the mileage to calculate the cars value... :geek:
ChrisoftheNorth

:impressive:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

You'll get a car...

max225

Those are the premier wheels I am too :crang: for that package.
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote:Those are the premier wheels I am too :crang: for that package.
I tried to link to a base, but the image was too big and the forum wouldn't let me.

Growingpains.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:impressive:

Turn in the environmentally unfriendly coal burning yaris for an environmentally friendly cruze powered by coal power plants

The world will be in harmony, the trade will be balanced
max225

Johnny_P wrote::impressive:

Turn in the environmentally unfriendly coal burning yaris for an environmentally friendly cruze powered by coal power plants

We don't coal that's a poverty power plant fuel.
We natural gas, nuclear and dam
max225

maxtdi wrote:
Johnny_P wrote::impressive:

We don't coal that's a poverty power plant fuel.
We natural gas, nuclear, dam solar and wind in NorCal
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Get a :doge: Charger Scat Pack
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote:Get a :doge: Charger Scat Pack
:fuckyeah: dat green
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Using the like button -- I like this post! :like:
Davestr

Davestr

Hory funk! How much more is there LOL - http://www.wsj.com/articles/volkswagen- ... 1478429066

BERLIN—Regulators in California recently discovered software installed on some of Volkswagen AG’s Audi models that appears to have allowed the cars to cheat carbon-dioxide emissions testing standards, according to people familiar with the matter.

The Audi software was designed to mask emissions implicated in global warming, instead of smog as in the Volkswagen emissions-cheating scandal that erupted last year, the people said.

The newly discovered software was detected four months ago during laboratory tests by the California Air Resources Board, one of the people said. Neither Volkswagen nor U.S. regulators have publicly disclosed the discovery.

Officials at CARB, which has been heavily involved in a continuing U.S. probe of Volkswagen engines, didn’t respond to requests for comment.

Audi, Volkswagen’s luxury-car unit, declined to comment, citing the Justice Department investigation into the Volkswagen scandal, which broke more than a year ago when U.S. environmental authorities disclosed that the German auto maker used illegal software on many of its diesel-engine models to cheat emissions testing for nitrogen oxides.

It isn’t clear how seriously officials in California and federal officials in Washington view the latest discovery, or whether Volkswagen, under intense regulatory scrutiny around the world, had identified it privately to regulators.

Whatever the case, the discovery threatens fresh anger from officials, investors and car owners just as Volkswagen is wrapping up billions of dollars in settlements with states and owners of diesel-powered vehicles in the U.S. and a recall of nearly nine million tainted diesel vehicles in Europe.

Volkswagen’s previously disclosed “defeat device” software was used on Volkswagen and Audi diesel engines to make it appear that they complied with emission standards for nitrogen oxides during lab tests.

The newly discovered software, installed on Audis with both diesel and gasoline engines, did the same with CO 2 emissions standards in the U.S. and Europe, according to the people familiar with the matter.
ChrisoftheNorth

Wow.
max225

I went to a vw dealer and so far my suspicion has been confirmed, the deals on VW's are done for the forseeable future.

This :dillerman: bragged that 1200 ppl registered to get their cars bought back there, while the other :dillerman: corrected him and said 1500!!!
1500 talking wallets equipped with double the cash their cars are worth!
When i asked if they will have special incentives for tdi owners the response was
"VW is compensating you wholesomely, we don't expect to have anything on top of that "
As expected ...
:disgust:
max225

maxtdi wrote:I went to a vw dealer and so far my suspicion has been confirmed, the deals on VW's are done for the forseeable future.

This :dillerman: bragged that 1200 ppl registered to get their cars bought back there, while the other :dillerman: corrected him and said 1500!!! Frankly that's insane too, i have no idea where they will even store 1500 cars when their normal inventory is aboit 150 :mindblown:
When i asked if they will have special incentives for tdi owners the response was
"VW is compensating you wholesomely, we don't expect to have anything on top of that "
As expected ...
Johnny_P

maxtdi wrote:I went to a vw dealer and so far my suspicion has been confirmed, the deals on VW's are done for the forseeable future.

This :dillerman: bragged that 1200 ppl registered to get their cars bought back there, while the other :dillerman: corrected him and said 1500!!!
As expected ...
Eh. You're still making out by a few grand even if you get nothing off a new car.
Johnny_P

Davestr wrote:Hory funk! How much more is there LOL - http://www.wsj.com/articles/volkswagen- ... 1478429066

BERLIN—Regulators in California recently discovered software installed on some of Volkswagen AG’s Audi models that appears to have allowed the cars to cheat carbon-dioxide emissions testing standards, according to people familiar with the matter.

The Audi software was designed to mask emissions implicated in global warming, instead of smog as in the Volkswagen emissions-cheating scandal that erupted last year, the people said.

The newly discovered software was detected four months ago during laboratory tests by the California Air Resources Board, one of the people said. Neither Volkswagen nor U.S. regulators have publicly disclosed the discovery.

Officials at CARB, which has been heavily involved in a continuing U.S. probe of Volkswagen engines, didn’t respond to requests for comment.

Audi, Volkswagen’s luxury-car unit, declined to comment, citing the Justice Department investigation into the Volkswagen scandal, which broke more than a year ago when U.S. environmental authorities disclosed that the German auto maker used illegal software on many of its diesel-engine models to cheat emissions testing for nitrogen oxides.

It isn’t clear how seriously officials in California and federal officials in Washington view the latest discovery, or whether Volkswagen, under intense regulatory scrutiny around the world, had identified it privately to regulators.

Whatever the case, the discovery threatens fresh anger from officials, investors and car owners just as Volkswagen is wrapping up billions of dollars in settlements with states and owners of diesel-powered vehicles in the U.S. and a recall of nearly nine million tainted diesel vehicles in Europe.

Volkswagen’s previously disclosed “defeat device” software was used on Volkswagen and Audi diesel engines to make it appear that they complied with emission standards for nitrogen oxides during lab tests.

The newly discovered software, installed on Audis with both diesel and gasoline engines, did the same with CO 2 emissions standards in the U.S. and Europe, according to the people familiar with the matter.
JFC

Should I keep the turbo yaris until there are more deets on this? Would be :mindblown: if they bought my car back for $19k like Max's turd.
Johnny_P

If this is the 2.0T..... They're fucking done with.
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: SdKfz 181

Johnny_P wrote:

As expected ...
Eh. You're still making out by a few grand even if you get nothing off a new car.
exactly that.
my name is yan but i go by igor and i live under teh stairs
Johnny_P

Hansgustaf wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Eh. You're still making out by a few grand even if you get nothing off a new car.
exactly that.
I mean it's like $19k in your pocket for the TurDI right? That's about $10k more than you should get on a trade. So if you get zero off a GTI, which you can usually :crang: $4-5k out of.... you're still making out by a solid $5 large.

I don't see the problem.
max225

Johnny_P wrote:

As expected ...
Or I can get a non price inflated vw just because everyone else is trading their turdis in at this time
max225

Johnny_P wrote:
Hansgustaf wrote:
exactly that.
I mean it's like $19k in your pocket for the TurDI right? That's about $10k more than you should get on a trade. So if you get zero off a GTI, which you can usually :crang: $4-5k out of.... you're still making out by a solid $5 large.

I don't see the problem.
That's not how the math works... if they screw the pooch on the sticker prices now that doesn't mean I'm coming out on top. SEs has 5k on the hood all year, that means I'm 5k in the hole if i buy it, besides at that point an R makes sense at sticker, but that ain't gonna happen either