VW Recall!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desertbreh wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:12 pm I think that the Canadian dealers learned from the US process and made some strategic moves.

Hopefully I get the rate locked in for the whole process. They did the financial stuff and everything is approved already. I should check maybe.
My financing rate went up 2% during paintgate. I used my credit union instead.
Thankfully it hasn't budged to date. 1.49% is a great rate from the OEM.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

July 1st!! Finally a date for my buy back. This is kinda ridiculous. I'm not sure why I have to wait so long now that I've got the entire process completed and approved. The trade in literally takes 15 minutes. Both the dealer and I are anxious to get a move on.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Tarspin wrote:July 1st!! Finally a date for my buy back. This is kinda ridiculous. I'm not sure why I have to wait so long now that I've got the entire process completed and approved. The trade in literally takes 15 minutes. Both the dealer and I are anxious to get a move on.
Talk about dragging it out...
Feels even longer.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Tarspin wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:27 pm July 1st!! Finally a date for my buy back. This is kinda ridiculous. I'm not sure why I have to wait so long now that I've got the entire process completed and approved. The trade in literally takes 15 minutes. Both the dealer and I are anxious to get a move on.
:like: About damn time. GoRf inbound!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I swear some Nazi bean counter sat down and calculated how much money they will save per month if they drag out the buy back process due to statistical write offs/accidents/motor failures etc. This can't be incompetence.Image
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:27 pm July 1st!! Finally a date for my buy back. This is kinda ridiculous. I'm not sure why I have to wait so long now that I've got the entire process completed and approved. The trade in literally takes 15 minutes. Both the dealer and I are anxious to get a move on.
:fuckyeah:

25 long days!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote:

25 long days!
Yep, then I drive it for a day and go on vacation for a week Imageol:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:54 pm
wap wrote:

25 long days!
Yep, then I drive it for a day and go on vacation for a week Imageol:
:lol: :rage:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:54 pm Yep, then I drive it for a day and go on vacation for a week Imageol:
Image :rage:
:notbad: call from RicePoint (the sloths handling VW claims in Canuckia) who say that I selected a national holiday for my trade in. It was the first day available on their calendar so I took it anyways. Apparently they don't work holidays so the girl who called me switched me to an earlier time slot on the 26th of June which wasn't an option otherwise. :fuckyeah:

Also, she sounded hot and giggled a lot when we spoke, then personally assured me that she would handle my account. :fuckyeah:

She can handle my account any time she likes. :fuckyeah:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Tarspin wrote: :notbad: call from RicePoint (the sloths handling VW claims in Canuckia) who say that I selected a national holiday for my trade in. It was the first day available on their calendar so I took it anyways. Apparently they don't work holidays so the girl who called me switched me to an earlier time slot on the 26th of June which wasn't an option otherwise. :fuckyeah:

Also, she sounded hot and giggled a lot when we spoke, then personally assured me that she would handle my account. :fuckyeah:

She owes you noods for your troubles.
I will ask for them. 5/7 idea.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:37 pm
wap wrote:
Image :rage:
:notbad: call from RicePoint (the sloths handling VW claims in Canuckia) who say that I selected a national holiday for my trade in. It was the first day available on their calendar so I took it anyways. Apparently they don't work holidays so the girl who called me switched me to an earlier time slot on the 26th of June which wasn't an option otherwise. :fuckyeah:

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

And this entire time, :dillerman: is sitting on your R?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:And this entire time, :dillerman: is sitting on your R?
They can cry me a river. They were practically begging me to come in and test drive stuff, and locked me in on Feb 28th of all miserable :dillerman: days. I think they get killer financing deals on their stock because I'll only be on the hook for 1.49% from VWoC

I'm glad though, the MK7.5 is in being ordered with no significant deals to be had, and I'm sure that by now all of the Lapiz blue MK7 units have been sold. Also, I really don't think I like the one dimensional, non-customizable lcd screen that replaces the gayges. A seventh gear in the DSG unit is probably the only thing I wish mine came with for fuel economy, but is only available on the newest release.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also, the front end of the refreshed Golf R is :disgust:

I like it better on the GTI for some reason. I think it's the GTI headlights that make it :jimp:

:fuckyeah:ImageImage
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Not so muchImage
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:53 pm
Detroit wrote:And this entire time, :dillerman: is sitting on your R?
They can cry me a river. They were practically begging me to come in and test drive stuff, and locked me in on Feb 28th of all miserable :dillerman: days. I think they get killer financing deals on their stock because I'll only be on the hook for 1.49% from VWoC

I'm glad though, the MK7.5 is in being ordered with no significant deals to be had, and I'm sure that by now all of the Lapiz blue MK7 units have been sold. Also, I really don't think I like the one dimensional, non-customizable lcd screen that replaces the gayges. A seventh gear in the DSG unit is probably the only thing I wish mine came with for fuel economy, but is only available on the newest release.
:notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/ca ... 516686001/
EPA approves long-awaited fix for Volkswagen diesel cars
:mindblown: they actually did it...
The approved repairs cover about 326,000 vehicles, or 98% of the 2-liter diesels, and will restore the cars to normal emissions performance.
After the fix, average fuel economy per vehicle will fall by up to 2 miles per gallon, VW spokeswoman Jeannine Ginivan said in an email.VW said the fix involves a mix of hardware improvements and software changes. The company had struggled to find a fix for nearly two years because in some cases there was not enough space for the hardware required to bring the vehicles into compliance.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:38 pm https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/ca ... 516686001/
EPA approves long-awaited fix for Volkswagen diesel cars
The approved repairs cover about 326,000 vehicles, or 98% of the 2-liter diesels, and will restore the cars to normal emissions performance.
After the fix, average fuel economy per vehicle will fall by up to 2 miles per gallon, VW spokeswoman Jeannine Ginivan said in an email.VW said the fix involves a mix of hardware improvements and software changes. The company had struggled to find a fix for nearly two years because in some cases there was not enough space for the hardware required to bring the vehicles into compliance.
We can buy earth-destroyers again soon, yes?
max225

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:39 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:38 pm https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/ca ... 516686001/

Ones that were neglected by their prior owners for 18 months before turn in... yep... so it seems. Someone would have to do some serious Cost benefit analysis if it is worth it :doe:

I wonder where VW is storing my egg
Apex

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:41 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:39 pm

Ones that were neglected by their prior owners for 18 months before turn in... yep... so it seems. Someone would have to do some serious Cost benefit analysis if it is worth it :doe:

I wonder where VW is storing my egg
Cheap VW eggs for all!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Hmm. I'd consider a 5-figure TDI JSW as a Vibe replacement.

Get a tune and full emissions deletes and :fuckyeah:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:48 pm Hmm. I'd consider a 5-figure TDI JSW as a Vibe replacement.

Get a tune and full emissions deletes and :fuckyeah:
You mean 4 figure? 5 figures is way too much.
troyguitar

Yeah, I meant 4 figure.

:math:
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:51 pm Yeah, I meant 4 figure.

:math:
:dat: would be a :notbad: :dill:
troyguitar

I'd essentially be willing to pay about the same for a TDI as an equivalent 2.5 car.