Help me decide my new car - really, please. Zilch is about to rip his hair out.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.

Keep the peace in the Zilch household, what should Sno buy?

Fiat 500x
8%
Nissan Juke (Nismo version)
33%
Another Veloster (remix edition, NOT turbo.)
33%
Mini Countryman
25%

Total votes: 12
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:33 pm Well this is the equivalent of blue balls on the internet

Vacation + super busy week. Hopefully buying on Saturday; probably Juke Nismo.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I think it's time DFD learns what Sno has been driving in the meantime...
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Melon wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:44 pm I think it's time DFD learns what Sno has been driving in the meantime...
In due time...She's had an exceptionally rough day today.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

4zilch wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:30 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:44 pm I think it's time DFD learns what Sno has been driving in the meantime...
:word: Let the anticipation build.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Melon wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:36 pm

I will say, that for the few minutes that I drove it today, that the front end is super sketch and overdue for a rebuild.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:16 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:39 pm in4 20 more pages of banter and then we find out Sno buys an Escape
:dat:

At least Johnny_W was looking into somewhat interesting cars for his tire kicker. Absolute best case scenario this ends in a Mazda 3 or a Ford Fucking Transit.

:disgust:
IDK I think a Joke Jizzmo would be fun as hell to hoon.
Johnny_P

4zilch wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:47 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:36 pm

I will say, that for the few minutes that I drove it today, that the front end is super sketch and overdue for a rebuild.
Pics of said front end? :hubba:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

What is this, Dat Safespace Doe? :notsure:

We're all waiting to see! :hue:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:00 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:16 pm

:dat:

At least Johnny_W was looking into somewhat interesting cars for his tire kicker. Absolute best case scenario this ends in a Mazda 3 or a Ford Fucking Transit.

:disgust:
IDK I think a Joke Jizzmo would be fun as hell to hoon.
Beyond hideous doe. I can't believe it passes the "cute" test.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:23 pm
:lol:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

4zilch wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:40 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:33 pm Well this is the equivalent of blue balls on the internet

Vacation + super busy week. Hopefully buying on Saturday; probably Juke Nismo.
:nope:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I find the Juke kind of cool, and I have no idea why.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:47 pm I find the Juke kind of cool, and I have no idea why.
The concept is cool...the execution is straight :gag:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Multiple Nismos on the radar for a buy on Saturday. Probably happening. :iono: :aintcare:

Day was particularly rough. The universe is giving me a massive ass rape currently. Locked keys in said sketchy loaner vehicle a mere hours before we left for ToTD.

Followed by a love note from a state trooper today for a 70 in a 55 in a construction zone.

Finalized by a fried hard drive on my MacBook Pro at noon.

I'm done. And two glasses of bourbon in. Post the loaner vehicle @4zilch, I'm out of fucks.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Apex

Sno wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:58 pm Multiple Nismos on the radar for a buy on Saturday. Probably happening. :iono: :aintcare:

Day was particularly rough. The universe is giving me a massive ass rape currently. Locked keys in said sketchy loaner vehicle a mere hours before we left for ToTD.

Followed by a love note from a state trooper today for a 70 in a 55 in a construction zone.

I'm done. And two glasses of bourbon in. Post the loaner vehicle @4zilch, I'm out of fucks.
Damn, sorry to hear about your day Sno.

But, Nismo should be fun on Saturday.
razr390

Fucking :narc:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Brutal day @sno! Had one of these this week too. Hopefully things go smoother moving forward.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:14 pm
Sno wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:58 pm Multiple Nismos on the radar for a buy on Saturday. Probably happening. :iono: :aintcare:

That's a good reminder to do my long-overdue backup on my MBP. :yikes:
Thankfully things are wildly backed up. Just so much :nope:

Time machine reminds me every ten days and I'm vigilant. What I am NOT vigilant about enough is shutting down my laptop. Especially for travel. Gentle reminder to do both,

State trooper was simply making quota. They were pulling over by the dozens and I was moving with the flow of traffic. And was dismissed with a lecture about "five fatalities including children this month." I'm not diminishing that but maybe finish the construction that is causing so much insanity?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
razr390

Sno wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:48 pm

Time machine reminds me every ten days and I'm vigilant. What I am NOT vigilant about enough is shutting down my laptop. Especially for travel. Gentle reminder to do both,

State trooper was simply making quota. They were pulling over by the dozens and I was moving with the flow of traffic. And was dismissed with a lecture about "five fatalities including children this month." I'm not diminishing that but maybe finish the construction that is causing so much insanity?
But in technicality you were still breaking the law, alongside the flow of traffic.

Sucks because I was in your shoes too. Got dinged for 92 in a 70 once. No construction tho. Got "clocked" by the airplane stopwatch. :sass:

I fought the ticket, basically paid the lawyer $80 and he put a notice of appearance. After no movement over 6 months from the notice of appearance I got a letter saying my case was dismissed. Weird. But not complaining lol.
Johnny_P

In4juke

I actually really liked the Escape rental I had in Portland. Those little SUV things are not bad really. Comfy and drive really nice.
Johnny_P

My ipotato is on the fritz and restarting itself randomly. I should back it up on my 6 year old MBP. Wait. DIW?
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:04 pm

But in technicality you were still breaking the law, alongside the flow of traffic.

Sucks because I was in your shoes too. Got dinged for 92 in a 70 once. No construction tho. Got "clocked" by the airplane stopwatch. :sass:

I fought the ticket, basically paid the lawyer $80 and he put a notice of appearance. After no movement over 6 months from the notice of appearance I got a letter saying my case was dismissed. Weird. But not complaining lol.
92? Isn't that considered street racing in FL?
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:21 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:14 pm

92? Isn't that considered street racing in FL?
That's the equivalent of 55 MPH in FL.
I drive 55-60 on the highways :iono: I rarely do more than 5 over.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:04 pm

While breaking the law, it is MORE dangerous to not follow the flow of traffic. It's not speed that kills, it's the speed differential. They need to raise the speed limit if there's crashes but then there goes the revenue stream...which is the entire reason for it all. Disguising it as "safety" couldn't be more :bs: