1980's & 90's bad asses

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Caspian
сибирский
Drives: Horse and wagon

Guten tag. Random discussion in another thread sent me on a trip back to the 80's and 90's of bad ass cars from all different manufactures. I started off with Mazda's RX7 twin turbo "FD3S" for no apparent reason other than that it is a sleek sexy unique car from Japan, and likely a blast to drive at the limit before it's little Wankel seals end the party. A few other honorable mentions from the land of the rising sun before I jumped to Europe visiting Italy and Germany's finest.

Yes many stars are missing but this is a lovely start. :shock:

Hood gap on a $300,000 car. :wtf:

Nice color combo

Vintage

Miami Vice

:themoreyouknow:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Needs moar pictars
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

I :like: this thread, but OP is an amateur.

True DFDers would have made every pic a separate post.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Forgot the :poorvette:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Calvinball wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:30 am I :like: this thread, but OP is an amateur.

True DFDers would have made every pic a separate post.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:dat:

Post count, and easier to quote a pic and start a discussion on it.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Caspian wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:51 am Guten tag. Random discussion in another thread sent me on a trip back to the 80's and 90's of bad ass cars from all different manufactures. I started off with Mazda's RX7 twin turbo "FD3S" for no apparent reason other than that it is a sleek sexy unique car from Japan, and likely a blast to drive at the limit before it's little Wankel seals end the party. A few other honorable mentions from the land of the rising sun before I jumped to Europe visiting Italy and Germany's finest.

Yes many stars are missing but this is a lovely start. :shock:

Juan day. Unf. :datass:

I love these damn cars. Melty interiors, engine-out :fullretard: service and all. NFG. Want to own one some day, but by the time I'll be able to have one, the prices on them will be stratospheric.

Don't even care that it would likely get smoked by an Ecoboost Mustang with a couple mods. Man. There's a fucking thought. A sub-$30k brand new pony car can keep up with a late 90s supercar. :impressive:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/ca ... 53951.html
The price will keep me away doe. $90k. Ugh.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

My used $15k plastic tub could smoke that thing.

I still 100% understand the want, doe.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

LS4 Fiero
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:42 amLS4 Fiero
:jimp:

There was one at the employee car show at work yesterday. Such want.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

This was on my wall as a kid

This is similar to my main goto car in Gran Turismo 1.

The RUF CTR 2 I believe. I burned all of my friends with this car and had the suspension tweaked like a madman.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:42 amLS4 Fiero
:jimp:

There was one at the employee car show at work yesterday. Such want.
Yeah that might end up being what I get for a project since everything else is too expensive. Dunno, cool projects are such a waste of money :doe:
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Well done. Great thread. The improvement in brakes with modern performance machines is still A-ok with me. Designs are more interesting from the 80's/90's but there are superb things from modern performance rides though.

F40 forevah...

I know the Mclaren is the king of all in that gen, but Id take the F40 over that. A nicely sorted Countach from the mid 80's carb'd as well. They dont get much more exotic than that. The Mclaren is a bit rounded and not as visually fun to me.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Davestr wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:14 am Well done. Great thread. The improvement in brakes with modern performance machines is still A-ok with me. Designs are more interesting from the 80's/90's but there are superb things from modern performance rides though.

F40 forevah...

I know the Mclaren is the king of all in that gen, but Id take the F40 over that. A nicely sorted Countach from the mid 80's carb'd as well. They dont get much more exotic than that. The Mclaren is a bit rounded and not as visually fun to me.
F40 vs Mclaren would be a tough choice to make.... thankfully I'll likely never be in a position to have to chose.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Clownshoobie
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Clownshoe

5/7 thread. Wood plow. However, capturing 80s and 90s cars as a group is like grouping lumping Parminder Nagra and a Florida Manatee in the same group. Most of you whippersnappers won't have lived through the 80s, but I have. You think it's ironocool to like Journey and parachute pants. It's not. The 80s were a dark time for culture, music and cars. The only joy Clownshoobie-as-an-adolescent got (besides the discovery of masturbation) was seeing Steve Smith, the drummer of Journey get hit in the head with a frisbee at JFK Stadium, warming up for the Stones on their 1981 Tattoo You tour. The cars were even worse than the music. All of them (almost).

I respectfully submit a request for the mods to create two threads: 1) Badasses of the 80s and 2)Badasses of the 90s. You won't see me slumming around the 80s thread, unless I'm there to ridicule and mock. If the mods are too lazy, I'll post my entries, but only under protest.

troyguitar

Clownshoobie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:47 am 5/7 thread. Wood plow. However, capturing 80s and 90s cars as a group is like grouping lumping Parminder Nagra and a Florida Manatee in the same group. Most of you whippersnappers won't have lived through the 80s, but I have. You think it's ironocool to like Journey and parachute pants. It's not. The 80s were a dark time for culture, music and cars. The only joy Clownshoobie-as-an-adolescent got (besides the discovery of masturbation) was seeing Steve Smith, the drummer of Journey get hit in the head with a frisbee at JFK Stadium, warming up for the Stones on their 1981 Tattoo You tour. The cars were even worse than the music. All of them (almost).

I respectfully submit a request for the mods to create two threads: 1) Badasses of the 80s and 2)Badasses of the 90s. You won't see me slumming around the 80s thread, unless I'm there to ridicule and mock. If the mods are too lazy, I'll post my entries, but only under protest.
:sass:
Clownshoobie
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Clownshoe

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:52 am
Clownshoobie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:47 am 5/7 thread. Wood plow. However, capturing 80s and 90s cars as a group is like grouping lumping Parminder Nagra and a Florida Manatee in the same group. Most of you whippersnappers won't have lived through the 80s, but I have. You think it's ironocool to like Journey and parachute pants. It's not. The 80s were a dark time for culture, music and cars. The only joy Clownshoobie-as-an-adolescent got (besides the discovery of masturbation) was seeing Steve Smith, the drummer of Journey get hit in the head with a frisbee at JFK Stadium, warming up for the Stones on their 1981 Tattoo You tour. The cars were even worse than the music. All of them (almost).

:sass:
I :lolol: 'd at my own expense at that, which is not fun.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:doit: :pussy:
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

Here's one. Image

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

*reserved for no content*
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

You also forgot to put FoxBody Stangs. But that said, I'm just searching for a 300zx on craigslist for shits and giggles because of this thread.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:24 am
NEEK wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:04 am Here's one. Image

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
:doebra:
:neek:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:24 amMy youth!
My earlier adulthood! :lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Acid666 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:51 am This was on my wall as a kid

This is similar to my main goto car in Gran Turismo 1.

The RUF CTR 2 I believe. I burned all of my friends with this car and had the suspension tweaked like a madman.
959's are so :mindblown: badass. It's :amazing: how advanced they were for their day.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Yup.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

4zilch wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:43 am
Davestr wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:14 am Well done. Great thread. The improvement in brakes with modern performance machines is still A-ok with me. Designs are more interesting from the 80's/90's but there are superb things from modern performance rides though.

F40 forevah...

F40 vs Mclaren would be a tough choice to make.... thankfully I'll likely never be in a position to have to chose.
+1 who needs the stress LOL :)
wap

My personal little sliver of 80's awesomeness:

Sent from my toaster using Crapatalk