Car Talk 2: Un-American Motor Company.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

Work brah just got a letter to renew the tabs on his A7 TDI, $700 :nope: :waxer:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/che ... m=referral

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

*reserved for no content*
SixSpeeder

SixSpeeder

NEEK wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:16 pm https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/che ... m=referral

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Does that dude come with the car each time it gets sold?

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:17 pm $1500 for a Tesla:

https://patch.com/washington/seattle/1- ... ocked-fees
When you have no state income tax you gotta get the money somewhere. Also, there's nothing wrong with dick swinger taxes on dick swinger cars.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:35 pm

When you have no state income tax you gotta get the money somewhere. Also, there's nothing wrong with dick swinger taxes on dick swinger cars.
:dat: :dat: :dat:

I'd GLADLY pay $1,500 for car reg if I didn't have to pay state or city income tax.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SixSpeeder

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:35 pm

No skin off of my teeth, I'll just keep buying and selling cars before the tabs expire. :plac:
SixSpeeder

I've been itching for a Camero, but then there are all the slow ass drivers that make owning an actually fast car pointless
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Taxes are great... I am sure it'll fix all the roads.
max225

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:52 pm I've been itching for a Camero, but then there are all the slow ass drivers that make owning an actually fast car pointless
That or a mustang or a the boat.. err challenger. Can't go wrong with any one of em.
SixSpeeder

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:45 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:52 pm I've been itching for a Camero, but then there are all the slow ass drivers that make owning an actually fast car pointless
That or a mustang or a the boat.. err challenger. Can't go wrong with any one of em.
I don't like the Mustang, and the Challenger is just too :dedong: :whalecum: Camaro prices are staying silly high around here, even used. No more $34k OTD with nav, dual mode exhaust, and upgayed headlights :eeyore:
max225

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:04 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:45 pm

I don't like the Mustang, and the Challenger is just too :dedong: :whalecum: Camaro prices are staying silly high around here, even used. No more $34k OTD with nav, dual mode exhaust, and upgayed headlights :eeyore:
I think they stopped pumping them into the market like coca cola during super bowel.

So the prices have stabilized and even gone up...
SixSpeeder

August 17, 2017

REDMOND, WA - Yesterday evening, at about 9:19 p.m., a woman reported she had just been robbed of her vehicle and personal possessions at knifepoint at Redmond Transit Center on the 16100 block of NE 83rd St.

Redmond Police are searching for three suspects involved in the carjacking. One suspect threatened the victim with a knife.

He is described as a black male with a bald head, wearing a dark-colored, hooded sweatshirt and dark-colored jeans. (See sketch below.)

The male suspect was accompanied by two black females, one of whom had braided hair and was wearing a tight, long-sleeved, white T-shirt and blue jeans.

The trio approached the victim in the parking lot of the Target shopping center and initially asked her for money. When the victim refused, the suspects asked for a ride to the transit center and she allowed them to get into her vehicle.

Once they arrived at the transit center, the male suspect pulled out a knife, told the victim to get out of the vehicle, and threatened to stab her. The victim jumped out of the car and did not sustain any physical injuries.

The victim’s vehicle was described as a black 2003 Kia Sorrento with gray driver’s side door and gray passenger side quarter panel. The vehicle has Washington state license plates with the number ABY8043.

https://content.govdelivery.com/bulleti ... D_WIDGET_2

:facepalm:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Black male in a hoodie committing a crime? That's never happened before! :mahtroy:
max225

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:17 pm August 17, 2017

REDMOND, WA - Yesterday evening, at about 9:19 p.m., a woman reported she had just been robbed of her vehicle and personal possessions at knifepoint at Redmond Transit Center on the 16100 block of NE 83rd St.

Redmond Police are searching for three suspects involved in the carjacking. One suspect threatened the victim with a knife.

He is described as a black male with a bald head, wearing a dark-colored, hooded sweatshirt and dark-colored jeans. (See sketch below.)

The male suspect was accompanied by two black females, one of whom had braided hair and was wearing a tight, long-sleeved, white T-shirt and blue jeans.

The trio approached the victim in the parking lot of the Target shopping center and initially asked her for money. When the victim refused, the suspects asked for a ride to the transit center and she allowed them to get into her vehicle.

Once they arrived at the transit center, the male suspect pulled out a knife, told the victim to get out of the vehicle, and threatened to stab her. The victim jumped out of the car and did not sustain any physical injuries.

The victim’s vehicle was described as a black 2003 Kia Sorrento with gray driver’s side door and gray passenger side quarter panel. The vehicle has Washington state license plates with the number ABY8043.

https://content.govdelivery.com/bulleti ... D_WIDGET_2

:facepalm:
This is racist...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

If I was going to steal a car at knife point, I think I'd dream bigger than a 15 year old, two tone Kia.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:41 pm If I was going to steal a car at knife point, I think I'd dream bigger than a 15 year old, two tone Kia.
What about a 2013 Soul?
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:41 pm If I was going to steal a car at knife point, I think I'd dream bigger than a 15 year old, two tone Kia.
If you're dumb enough to give the subject in question a ride that's the type of car you're driving.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:01 pm
If you're dumb enough to give the subject in question a ride that's the type of car you're driving.
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:01 pm
:mahtroy:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Tuned ND Miata 2.0L crank HP

Looks like some pretty solid gains with a tune. About 22 HP, not a monster torque gain, but added 800 RPM to the redline and that's a damn flat torque curve. Probably worth it for the added RPM alone, as a 6k redline is pretty :flaccid:
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Japanese coach builder and his Lambo relook - https://jalopnik.com/this-wild-1-5-mill ... 1797969998
I like this work!!
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:10 am Image

Looks like some pretty solid gains with a tune. About 22 HP, not a monster torque gain, but added 800 RPM to the redline and that's a damn flat torque curve. Probably worth it for the added RPM alone, as a 6k redline is pretty :flaccid:
Woa, that tq curve is legit :impressive: Could eat off it.

Dang, with the stock :stig: gearing, this is probably a ton of fun.

Wonder how safe the tune is. It's gotta be pretty edgy to get those numbers...
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:53 pm

Yeah IDK about tune safety. I know the skyactiv motors pull timing like crazy when they get hot stock.

And it probably is a ton of fun. They already scoot to 60 in about 6 flat stock.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:53 pm

ND with standard intake/header/tune is pretty fucking quick and the autox dudes running them haven't had any engine issues, they make around 175-180 hp at the wheels and do 62-65 mph in 2nd depending on tire size and how risky you like to be with the rev limiter. 2016 models all had transmission issues but those were not related to power/torque increases, they failed bone stock.

A guy locally has one that's well prepared and driven, he's put 2 full seconds on me at autox each time and it's mostly in acceleration zones. 175 vs like 120 hp at the wheels with similar weights = he's GONE out of corners.