Car Talk 2: Un-American Motor Company.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:06 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:17 pm :sass: :idbu: but glad you're excited about it bruh
Just more of my unsupported shit opinions that nobody gives a damn about on this forum, that's all.
:dubshow: :dubshow: :dubshow:
:dubshow: :sass: :dubshow:
:dubshow: :dubshow: :dubshow:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Side boosters landed themselves safely...

:amazing:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:21 pm Image

In almost complete unison too. I actually thought it was an animation when I watched it.
I haven't seen anything on the center booster, it should have landed on a barge.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:40 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:30 pm

Are you guys going to bring out anything better than the Bolt anytime soon? It makes for a decent pod but nothing more. A nice higher end Caddy would be interesting, especially if it is competitive to tesla, it could bring that brand back a bit from the dark ages and back to Class leading tech as they were for 50 years.
:bruh: You know I can't say anything.
That wasn't a "no" ... :D
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I mean shit, there's a fucking car. In space. On it's way into orbit.
And there's a live feed. I can't wait to see the earth get smaller and smaller. This is pretty wicked.

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

That's the most :mindblown: thing, imo.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:15 pm

That's the most :mindblown: thing, imo.
:dat: for sure.

People hate Elon because they're jealous. To me, SpaceX is far more impressive than Tesla. I love space travel, and I think SpaceX filling the space travel void with private sector investment is absolutely the way to go.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:54 pm
Honda?

I can say that our CEO has been very public about the future of electrification. There's a full array on the way in the next 3-5 years, which is absolutely a step in the right direction.

The Bolt is a step in the learning curve. How to build long(er) range vehicles profitably, at scale, and brought to market quickly (comparatively).
It was a grambles cheap shot
It's unrealistic for anyone to assume that those of us that publicly work for any company are willing to lose our jobs to share secrets with some idiots on the internet.

That said, my koolaid guzzling is nowhere near the level of Grambles...especially lately.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:54 pm

It's unrealistic for anyone to assume that those of us that publicly work for any company are willing to lose our jobs to share secrets with some idiots on the internet.

That said, my koolaid guzzling is nowhere near the level of Grambles...especially lately.
You could just say "yes, really cool shit up ahead", I am not expecting you post full plans of a state of the art drivetrain and battery pack on here.

Come on :bruh: we have common sense.
troyguitar

It's kind of :fullretard: how literally everything is a bloody secret :doe:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Well billions of doll hairs are at stake as well as... possible future plans of products that could be disrupting an entire industry.

Once the big 3 figure out how to do an autonomous subscription car service it will be fine. They just need to do it before Uber/Lyft because those companies need to go the way of the dinasaur.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Name of the game.

There's so much stuff I wish I could talk about with my job, but we are literally working on things in areas nobody expects us to be in, and we are doing things nobody has done before, or even thinks they need.... until they find out we are doing it...
ChrisoftheNorth

Agreed to an extent. Some of the stuff I can't talk about is so :butwhy: :whocares: but still.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:14 pm

Name of the game.

There's so much stuff I wish I could talk about with my job, but we are literally working on things in areas nobody expects us to be in, and we are doing things nobody has done before, or even thinks they need.... until they find out we are doing it...
Not so much for me, but this is the point, yes.
troyguitar

Whose life would have been turned upside down if Granules confirmed that we aren't getting a Si hatch in 'murica, for example? Where would the billions of losses and dead puppies come from that bombshell?

Some things make sense to attempt to keep secret, but many do not.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

troyguitar wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:20 pm Whose life would have been turned upside down if Granules confirmed that we aren't getting a Si hatch in 'murica, for example? Where would the billions of losses and dead puppies come from that bombshell?

His. He would have been fired and would be bunking at your place right now.

:hue:

We sign NDAs that are pretty stiff and at the minimum result in your termination, if not some serious fines.

Also, good luck getting another job in the industry if you break an NDA.
Last edited by CorvetteWaxer on Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:20 pm Whose life would have been turned upside down if Granules confirmed that we aren't getting a Si hatch in 'murica, for example? Where would the billions of losses and dead puppies come from that bombshell?

Yea but you get mad forum points when you tell ppl you know top secret shit that you're too cool to share. :like:
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:22 pm

We sign NDAs that are pretty stiff and at the minimum result in your termination, if not some serious fines.

:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:22 pm

Yea but you get mad forum points when you tell ppl you know top secret shit that you're too cool to share. :like:
It's really tough, doe...just as :waxer: mentioned. There's so much cool stuff I'd love to share, but I value my paycheck. And when the conversation dips into topics that I know are coming, it's even harder.
troyguitar

Yeah, that was the point... you guys act like EVERY aspect of everything you do is so important that if ANYONE learns about it the world will end immediately.

How is that even remotely reasonable? You're not in the CIA.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:32 pm

Yeah, that was the point... you guys act like EVERY aspect of everything you do is so important that if ANYONE learns about it the world will end immediately.

:triggered: :triggered: :triggered:
:triggered: :aliens: :triggered:
:triggered: :triggered: :triggered:
ChrisoftheNorth

It's a slippery slope. You want to maintain some sort of secrecy for a competitive advantage. If everyone knew even basic stuff about competitors, nothing will ever be produced.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

You don't know that.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:36 pm

It's a slippery slope. You want to maintain some sort of secrecy for a competitive advantage. If everyone knew even basic stuff about competitors, nothing will ever be produced.
The slippery slope fallacy is... a fallacy. :themoreyouknow:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:50 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:36 pm It's a slippery slope. You want to maintain some sort of secrecy for a competitive advantage. If everyone knew even basic stuff about competitors, nothing will ever be produced.
The slippery slope fallacy is... a fallacy. :themoreyouknow:
:rolleyes: