Car Talk 2: Un-American Motor Company.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:19 pm :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

Okay, I'm good. Fuck, shit, fuckers.

"We looked at you're keyless sensor on the driver door and it turns out to be a bad connection. All fixed... however, there's one small problem" says the service guy.

The fucker "took precautions" when fixing the car but he gouged the paint by the door handle while disassembling the fucken thing. Now I've got two deep carve marks very visible and they are offering to repaint the door. :gtfo:

What the shit
All the more reason to buy a oil extractor and do my own service. :disgust:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:19 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
What's 'ol Kessy up to?
:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

"We looked at you're keyless sensor on the driver door and it turns out to be a bad connection. All fixed... however, there's one small problem" says the service guy.

The fucker "took precautions" when fixing the car but he gouged the paint by the door handle while disassembling the fucken thing. Now I've got two deep carve marks very visible and they are offering to repaint the door. :gtfo:

At least they owned up to it ... :(
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

A 40k car shows up for its first service, stone guarded, CQuartzed, prewashed so that they wouldnt rub dirt across the paint with their clothes, notes to ensure they dont rewash and dry with shit towels and wash cloths.... and this is what i get back?! I'm in disbelief of the poor service.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:38 pm A 40k car shows up for its first service, stone guarded, CQuartzed, prewashed so that they wouldnt rub dirt across the paint with their clothes, notes to ensure they dont rewash and dry with shit towels and wash cloths.... and this is what i get back?! I'm in disbelief of the poor service.
It is shitty man :( no doubt.
max225

unfortunately that's the issue with owning the best/most expensive car in a :derp: brand :(
max225

Would you want it fixed or can they throw some money at you? I am not sure I'd want a repainted door over that.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:37 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:35 am
The depreciation hit alone would :nope: that idea. You've already paid egg depreciation.... why sign up to do that again on an identical car? The MK7 is more reliable than the MK6 was because it's not built by high-ego drunk Germans, it's built by hard working poor Mexicans that can't afford to lose their job.
Great news! VW has decided the Golf needs to be less reliable so they're pushing production back to ze Muzzahland.

http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/1505 ... -to-europe
Make Aryan Angels great again. Germany doesn't like it when Mexican's make their vehicles... however... fine and dandy for the US, right Dave?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:Would you want it fixed or can they throw some money at you? I am not sure I'd want a repainted door over that.
Yeah same here, service manager will call me on Monday. I'm going to order some touch up paint from Dr Colorchip or whatever and fill/buff it out instead. I told the service advisor that I'm one foot out the door after they messed up my wife's first service on the T-reg a few weeks ago. Hopefully they hook me up. I plan to buy a trunk liner and better mats for the winter. Sounds like a fair compromise.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:03 pm
max225 wrote:Would you want it fixed or can they throw some money at you? I am not sure I'd want a repainted door over that.
Yeah same here, service manager will call me on Monday. I'm going to order some touch up paint from Dr Colorchip or whatever and fill/buff it out instead. I told the service advisor that I'm one foot out the door after they messed up my wife's first service on the T-reg a few weeks ago. Hopefully they hook me up. I plan to buy a trunk liner and better mats for the winter. Sounds like a fair compromise.
Have it painted, but tell them it needs to be done at a body shop of your choice.

Find one that specializes in high end cars. Insist on that.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:notbad: , but i think I'd rather keep the factory paint and clear on the door. To get things to look factory the body shop would have to peel away clear and probably paint from the front and back door and blend. I'm not down with it. I can do a pretty good job of filling the gouges and buffing the top surface to nearly flush. Dr Colorchip will fill and wipe from what @detroit once said.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Tarspin wrote::notbad: , but i think I'd rather keep the factory paint and clear on the door. To get things to look factory the body shop would have to peel away clear and probably paint from the front and back door and blend. I'm not down with it. I can do a pretty good job of filling the gouges and buffing the top surface to nearly flush. Dr Colorchip will fill and wipe from what @detroit once said.
How noticeable is it from a distance?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote:
Tarspin wrote::notbad: , but i think I'd rather keep the factory paint and clear on the door. To get things to look factory the body shop would have to peel away clear and probably paint from the front and back door and blend. I'm not down with it. I can do a pretty good job of filling the gouges and buffing the top surface to nearly flush. Dr Colorchip will fill and wipe from what @detroit once said.
How noticeable is it from a distance?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
It has touchup paint on it which got rid of the black lines...
Here is a pic after a single coat, i think i just need to keep filling it with paint and then sand/polish down the high spots.Image
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:35 am
The depreciation hit alone would :nope: that idea. You've already paid egg depreciation.... why sign up to do that again on an identical car? The MK7 is more reliable than the MK6 was because it's not built by high-ego drunk Germans, it's built by hard working poor Mexicans that can't afford to lose their job.
Great news! VW has decided the Golf needs to be less reliable so they're pushing production back to ze Muzzahland.

Aryan Angel dust only exists in one place :)
Davestr

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:36 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:19 pm :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

At least they owned up to it ... :(
This^^^ another dealer could have blamed anyone but their tech.....
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:38 pm A 40k car shows up for its first service, stone guarded, CQuartzed, prewashed so that they wouldnt rub dirt across the paint with their clothes, notes to ensure they dont rewash and dry with shit towels and wash cloths.... and this is what i get back?! I'm in disbelief of the poor service.
:rage:

Had a similar experience at my Subie dealership, though. Went in for a 1k mile oil change after break-in, told them not to wash the car, then as I walked out to where the service advisors are to pick up the car and pay and I see some dude with his hand pressed down on my hood, wiping back and forth with a fucking bath towel without so much as a detail spray to protect the clear coat. I run out to tell him to stop, then the service advisor says something like "We didn't wash the car, he's just getting the loose dirt off." :rolleyes:

Sent a rather scathing E-Mail to the head of the service department and they offered to do a paint correction on the hood, but thankfully the coating prevented that moron from even putting any swirls in the paint. Uh-mazing stuff. Fuck dealerships, doe.
Davestr

More like gross dont give a fk negligence....
Davestr

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:13 pm
Davestr wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:09 pm

Yes. My farts.
LOL!
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:12 pm

Had a similar experience at my Subie dealership, though. Went in for a 1k mile oil change after break-in, told them not to wash the car, then as I walked out to where the service advisors are to pick up the car and pay and I see some dude with his hand pressed down on my hood, wiping back and forth with a fucking bath towel without so much as a detail spray to protect the clear coat. I run out to tell him to stop, then the service advisor says something like "We didn't wash the car, he's just getting the loose dirt off." :rolleyes:

Sent a rather scathing E-Mail to the head of the service department and they offered to do a paint correction on the hood, but thankfully the coating prevented that moron from even putting any swirls in the paint. Uh-mazing stuff. Fuck dealerships, doe.
The horror

On the flip side, mother nature has decided to wash my car for me this weekend :fuckyeah: and maybe I'll go mudding Sunday.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:13 pm
Davestr wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:09 pm

Yes. My farts.
:impressive:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote:

:disgust: , probably wiping oil off the paint.
max225

coogles wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:12 pm

ZOMG SOMEONE TOUCHED YOUR CAR. Nothing short of the offering of his wife's/gf/sisters (if over 18) every cavity for your pleasure is good enough to rectify this complete DISRESPEK!
Davestr

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:58 pm

Make Aryan Angels great again. Germany doesn't like it when Mexican's make their vehicles... however... fine and dandy for the US, right Dave?
Dont care. As you know its a Corporate call. I buy what I like. Not sweating the origin. Sounds like the Mexi built machines have an edge in quality in reality but perception is reality and folks here might not like it. Whats funny is the number of Audis etc built in Eastern Europe and here, thats essentially the equivalent of Mexico.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
coogles wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:12 pm :rage:

ZOMG SOMEONE TOUCHED YOUR CAR. Nothing short of the offering of his wife's/gf/sisters (if over 18) every cavity for your pleasure is good enough to rectify this complete DISRESPEK!
:notbad: compensation
max225

Davestr wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:27 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:58 pm
Dont care. As you know its a Corporate call. I buy what I like. Not sweating the origin. Sounds like the Mexi built machines have an edge in quality in reality but perception is reality and folks here might not like it. Whats funny is the number of Audis etc built in Eastern Europe and here, thats essentially the equivalent of Mexico.
How do you feel about polish truk drivers doe... and mauers taking dem jebs doe... :gaydance:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:26 pm ZOMG SOMEONE TOUCHED YOUR CAR. Nothing short of the offering of his wife's/gf/sisters (if over 18) every cavity for your pleasure is good enough to rectify this complete DISRESPEK!
Feel better?