Car Talk 2: Un-American Motor Company.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Making it great again LOL - FKN moron Pence helping all of us along ensuring the rich get more and we get fkd.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Auto Dealers Are Pretty Happy The Senate Just Voted To Make It Harder For You To Sue Them

--Late Tuesday, the U.S. Senate passed a bill that allows financial institutions to keep putting clauses in loan contracts—including auto loans—that prevents consumers from banding together to file class-action lawsuits against lenders. Auto dealers are particularly pleased by the vote, which passed 51-50 after Vice President Mike Pence weighted in to break a tie.--

https://jalopnik.com/auto-dealers-are-p ... 1819846934
Last edited by Davestr on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Are they going to take them on an introductory tour towards poland?
max225

Davestr wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:37 pm Making it great again LOL - FKN moron Pence helping all of us along ensuring the rich get more and we get fkd.
Auto Dealers Are Pretty Happy The Senate Just Voted To Make It Harder For You To Sue Them

--Late Tuesday, the U.S. Senate passed a bill that allows financial institutions to keep putting clauses in loan contracts—including auto loans—that prevents consumers from banding together to file class-action lawsuits against lenders. Auto dealers are particularly pleased by the vote, which passed 51-50 after Vice President Mike Pence weighted in to break a tie.--

I want none of my money to go to bailing of :derp: 's that don't understand interest rates. If you don't understand them, you shall burn in your own stupidity of debt.
max225

Davestr wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:20 pm
wap wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:46 am I don't think I hate this.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/2018- ... ate=102617
Prepare to see a billion of these on the road. Porsche says they wont go smaller than the Macan. I think this will change their minds potentially. Im not into boxes but thats not a bad looking box...
The macan is small enough. It is smaller than a golf inside... makes little sense to go smaller. Macan is already their best selling model.
Davestr

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:39 pm
Davestr wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:37 pm Making it great again LOL - FKN moron Pence helping all of us along ensuring the rich get more and we get fkd.

I want none of my money to go to bailing of :derp: 's that don't understand interest rates. If you don't understand them, you shall burn in your own stupidity of debt.
Republicannots dont do well supporting education. Derps pay the bills. Better to keep people down and stupid. Its a party goal. Biz matter and you dont jack. Rights are for the rich and biz owners. They make Murica great dont ya know! It aint about lack of education its about access to Congress and influence. This is fkd law and given how close the vote was that should concern you and any intelligent, interest rate understanding soul.
max225

Davestr wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:42 pm

Republicannots dont do well supporting education. Derps pay the bills. Better to keep people down and stupid. Its a party goal. Biz matter and you dont jack. Rights are for the rich and biz owners. They make Murica great dont ya know! It aint about lack of education its about access to Congress and influence. This is fkd law and given how close the vote was that should concern you and any intelligent, interest rate understanding soul.
All bullshit aside can you tell me what this law would accomplish ? Why do you need people to gather and sue a lender? I don't believe in "predatory" lending that is next level bullshit. A LOAN IS A LOAN you have no fucking rights you are BORROWING someones money so you better PLAY BY THE TERMS that are CLEARLY SPELLED OUT.

This is NOT that hard. This country is lacking some major personal financial responsibility. I was livid when ppl were being bailed out in the 09-10 crisis and then bought homes again.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Nothing coupe-like about that X2. Looks like it's a Countryman All4 with a bunch of extra roundels stuck on. The release I read implied that it's primarily FWD too. :disgust:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:52 pm Nothing coupe-like about that X2. Looks like it's a Countryman All4 with a bunch of extra roundels stuck on. The release I read implied that it's primarily FWD too. :disgust:
Very likely a stretched X1. :gaydance:
Davestr

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:46 pm

All bullshit aside can you tell me what this law would accomplish ? Why do you need people to gather and sue a lender? I don't believe in "predatory" lending that is next level bullshit. A LOAN IS A LOAN you have no fucking rights you are BORROWING someones money so you better PLAY BY THE TERMS that are CLEARLY SPELLED OUT.

This is NOT that hard. This country is lacking some major personal financial responsibility. I was livid when ppl were being bailed out in the 09-10 crisis and then bought homes again.
When you are wronged and your right to due process is limited to arbitration. Call me. Start doing some research. This is a much broader subject. The fact that it took a MORON to break the tie says even Repubs arent all on board. Folks get bailed out. COMPANIES FULL OF DERPS GET BAILED OUT LOL. Good luck mr self sufficiency.
max225

Davestr wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:55 pm

When you are wronged and your right to due process is limited to arbitration. Call me. Start doing some research. This is a much broader subject. The fact that it took a MORON to break the tie says even Repubs arent all on board. Folks get bailed out. COMPANIES FULL OF DERPS GET BAILED OUT LOL. Good luck mr self sufficiency.
You're talking around the question, just because there is more stupidity out there why should we add more cannon fodder to the most LAWYERED UP COUNTRY ON EARTH. Why should we allow people to get together and sue lenders, I can't think of a single instance where a lender is showing their loans down a customer's throat where they didn't have a chance to say NO.

Did you see how we SUED PORSCHE for the accident that killed Paul walker? Yea... no personal responsibility out here.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:38 pm
Are they going to take them on an introductory tour towards poland?
:ohdang: :nope:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

wap wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:46 am I don't think I hate this.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/2018- ... ate=102617
Prepare to see a billion of these on the road. Porsche says they wont go smaller than the Macan. I think this will change their minds potentially. Im not into boxes but thats not a bad looking box...
Agreed. :like:
wap

That fucker Pence is as big a threat as Herr Cheato :angry:
wap

:sass:
What about the elderly who are easily taken advantage of simply because they're old? You will be old one day and will most likely run into a situation where .gov saves your ass from a financial predator. Or maybe not if these dickwads in DC keep having their way.
wap

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:40 pm

The macan is small enough. It is smaller than a golf inside... makes little sense to go smaller. Macan is already their best selling model.
And the Ceyanne was their best selling model before the Macan. If they see a market for a sub-Macan no way would they not build it.
max225

wap wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:10 pm

What about the elderly who are easily taken advantage of simply because they're old? You will be old one day and will most likely run into a situation where .gov saves your ass from a financial predator. Or maybe not if these dickwads in DC keep having their way.
That's a :dillerman: issue not a lender issue. Why should the lenders get fucked for :dillerman: misconduct. I have been very vocal about how I think :dillerman: need to be regulated to shit. 95% are con artists
wap

:facepalm:
Were you livid when Wall Street was bailed out in the same crisis?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:07 pm

I hate that fucker too. As much as i want trump to :gtfo: and pence will takeover if he's impeached. It would probably be "safe" if trump continues. Luckily he's an idiot, and that's a good and a bad thing.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

wap wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:14 pm

:facepalm:
Were you livid when Wall Street was bailed out in the same crisis?
Yes
wap

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:11 pm
wap wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:10 pm

That's a :dillerman: issue not a lender issue. Why should the lenders get fucked for :dillerman: misconduct. I have been very vocal about how I think :dillerman: need to be regulated to shit. 95% are con artists
Predatory lenders exist.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:16 pm
wap wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:07 pm

I hate that fucker too. As much as i want trump to :gtfo: and pence will takeover if he's impeached. It would probably be "safe" if trump continues. Luckily he's an idiot, and that's a good and a bad thing.
Yea it's almost a no-win situation either way. :(
max225

wap wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:27 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:11 pm

Predatory lenders exist.
Yea they show up at your house at night and make you sign paperwork for loans you didn't need. All while you're asleep.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:28 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:16 pm

Yea it's almost a no-win situation either way. :(
Really the only way is to have republican party destroyed pretty much. It's funny people want to impeach him and mike pence will take place. Honestly, people don't really trust hillary either, I voted for her, cause she can't be worse than trump to begin with. But not many people voted, only 47% voter turnout... That bugs me more than the fact that trump became president.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Nobody wants to admit they fucked up and hold themselves accountable for their poorly thought out, uneducated, and irresponsible financial decisions. If you sign a goddamn loan you better understand the terms of that loan.
max225

The big bad banks and wall st made me go to the :dillerman: and get fucked. Now I will gather my fellow retards and SUE them. Because I DESERVE to drive a shiny new car, and not walk/bus to work like the poor peasant that I am.

:disgust: