Car Talk 2: Un-American Motor Company.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Davestr wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:09 pm MO Powah Miata - https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-mazda-mia ... 1823432715
That would make it non dangerously slow! Epic.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Davestr wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:09 pm MO Powah Miata - https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-mazda-mia ... 1823432715
Want :megusta:
max225

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:00 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:22 pm

That would make it non dangerously slow! Epic.
It's not dangerously slow anyway. 6.1 seconds to 60.
Neither was the CX-5 :iono: But miata with 181hp would be a lot more fun.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

max225 wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:00 pm It's not dangerously slow anyway. 6.1 seconds to 60.
Neither was the CX-5 :iono: But miata with 181hp would be a lot more fun.
I would prefer 182.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

[user not found] wrote:
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:22 pm That would make it non dangerously slow! Epic.
Faster than a sport injected civic.

:therapist:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Calvinball wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:10 pm
[user not found] wrote:
Faster than a sport injected civic.

:mindblown: :plaid:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:21 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:13 pm

You have a 2017 Truk...

Talk to us in 2027 if you keep it for a decade it did well.
He also leased it, so he probably won't have it for a decade.
I'm planning on buying. I really do enjoy it and the lease was a test the waters. current plan is buy TRUK and supplement with Miata
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote:
rockchops wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:07 pm considering we took it light off-roading and through heavy snow at 8k elevation (with a foot on the ground) it was pretty fun. Had tire chains that we threw on the fronts but it was pretty planted. Comfortable big cruiser.
Was it a FWD sled?
nah it was AWD. Chains were required either way since there was so much snow. The haldex system worked a lot better than I thought it would, it really kicked in quickly and strong once the car started slipping. We actually passed a bunch of expedition/adventure bros in FJs and Xterras who couldn t seem to get enough grip up some of the slopes.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote:
rockchops wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:09 pm :notbad:Image
Road to salt creek trail?
Might have been that one, or devil's golf course. We had a third road that was more of a trail, required high clearance vehicle but I didn't get a pic of it.
Davestr

Davestr

http://autoweek.com/article/car-reviews ... ht-utility

Quick and dirty overview of the current BMW X3. Yea winter tires are better no matter what some clown on Your-stupid-Tube says......
Davestr

http://autoweek.com/article/car-reviews ... ht-utility

Quick and dirty overview of the current BMW X3. Yea winter tires are better no matter what some clown on Your-stupid-Tube says......
max225

Davestr wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:13 am http://autoweek.com/article/car-reviews ... ht-utility

That interior looks excellent !
Davestr

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:52 am
Davestr wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:13 am http://autoweek.com/article/car-reviews ... ht-utility

That interior looks excellent !
If I had to go SUV, Id test this!!!!
Davestr

[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:47 pm
Davestr wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:21 pm

The new X3 is legitimately awesome. M40i sounds fantastic. I'd pick it over anything else in the segment aside from a Macan.
:like: :like:
Johnny_P

I think it's kind of interesting that BMW fits tires that can't cope with varying conditions from the factory. Instead leaning towards a sporty drive. My GF's Tiguan has no problem getting around anywhere on all season Pirellis through any driving conditions. A car weighing over 4100 lbs shouldn't have a traction problem in snow.

Subaru specs summer tires on WRX's. Which I think is a little ambitious as well. Nobody told me they were summers when I bought it (I read enough to know doe), and I could see many people getting in accidents because they had no idea. I think Volvo were doing this for a while on XC90s as well. Which is fucking retarded.
Johnny_P

The new X3 is legitimately awesome. M40i sounds fantastic. I'd pick it over anything else in the segment aside from a Macan.
Looks like a really nice car. Shit I'd be happy with a 30i and no M package.

X3 xdrive30i
Convenience package (lumbar, Sirius XM, keyless access, pano roof, LED headlights)
Silver
19" rams with non run flat tires
Fineline wood trim
Adaptive dampers
Heated seats
$49,145

:notbad: I guess?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:53 am

I think it's kind of interesting that BMW fits tires that can't cope with varying conditions from the factory. Instead leaning towards a sporty drive. My GF's Tiguan has no problem getting around anywhere on all season Pirellis through any driving conditions. A car weighing over 4100 lbs shouldn't have a traction problem in snow.

Subaru specs summer tires on WRX's. Which I think is a little ambitious as well. Nobody told me they were summers when I bought it (I read enough to know doe), and I could see many people getting in accidents because they had no idea. I think Volvo were doing this for a while on XC90s as well. Which is fucking retarded.
FiST's were spec'd with summer tars originally. I think they made them optional a year or two later and had all seasons as the standard tar.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Davestr

Not mandatory there. Here your new car will have winters on or it wont be released to you.

Detroit appeared to be very cold when he was driving it. All season suck. Should be evident to the author and was so why didnt the Mag spring for some rational tire upgrade or is it cheap or just fun to beeotch about it.
Johnny_P

Davestr wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:22 am

Not mandatory there. Here your new car will have winters on or it wont be released to you.

Detroit appeared to be very cold when he was driving it. All season suck. Should be evident to the author and was so why didnt the Mag spring for some rational tire upgrade or is it cheap or just fun to beeotch about it.
Yeah. Mag was probably just looking to grab some attention. Word on the street is she slaughtered an entire litter of kittens at the end of her block when she ran over them because she couldn't stop. Can't find the news story.

:sad:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Davestr wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:22 am

Mags don't spend a dime on press cars (not even gas) so they can complain about every little thing and do nothing about it.

I was amazed that it's required in Germany. My rental Polo had snow tires on it. It snowed pretty hard when we were in the black forest, pretty amazing how well the car did on those tires. Winter tires are absolutely a worthwhile upgrade if you live somewhere with cold/snow.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

after experiencing the Macan S as passenger, I could totally see myself driving one when I start to have kids.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:28 am

after experiencing the Macan S as passenger, I could totally see myself driving one when I start to have kids.
So you’d have to quadruple your income to make that statement.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:32 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:28 am

So you’d have to quadruple your income to make that statement.
By that time times, I'll be able to afford it. I'll give it 10 years, or just get a CPO, and take advantage of someones placprofit. Or something else, who knows.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.