Car Talk 2: Un-American Motor Company.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Also, R guys :hai: / :howdy: 9/10 times in my area. I like the waves and participate if i catch it in time.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:58 pm Also, R guys :hai: / :howdy: 9/10 times in my area. I like the waves and participate if i catch it in time.
Its good to be part of the team!!! Share dat love!! :like:
Davestr

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:41 pm
Meanwhile, Experian says the average term for a new vehicle auto loan hit an all-time high of 69 months, thanks in part to a slight increase in the percentage of loans schedule to be repaid over 85 to 94 months.

"We're starting to see some spillover to loans longer than 85 months," said Zabritski.

:mindblown: Looks like our hypotheticals are turning into reality.
Time to get that JL on 240-month stretch pay gotta keep that payment low :hubba:
I know right....who needs to be in a positive equity position evah!!! Car loans just pay themselves employed or not lol :)
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

85-94 months... rocket boy will nuke us by then .. perhaps not the worst strategy
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:35 am I wave to other SS but I just end up confusing old ladies in Malibu by my frantic waves.
Old ladies
People in rental cars on vacation
:mahtroy:

lol
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:30 am 85-94 months... rocket boy will nuke us by then .. perhaps not the worst strategy
Get that JL so you can drive through post-apocalyptic Fury Rd. Be sure to get the upgraded speaker system in keeping with the Mad Max theme. 2.0T might be a good idea if gas mileage is significantly better.

I want a JL. The yellow Rubicon looks amazeballs. New soft top is rad. New power top is really neat with the removable rear window panels. Hard top not changing is disappointing.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:13 am
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:30 am 85-94 months... rocket boy will nuke us by then .. perhaps not the worst strategy
Get that JL so you can drive through post-apocalyptic Fury Rd. Be sure to get the upgraded speaker system in keeping with the Mad Max theme. 2.0T might be a good idea if gas mileage is significantly better.

I want a JL. The yellow Rubicon looks amazeballs. New soft top is rad. New power top is really neat with the removable rear window panels. Hard top not changing is disappointing.

Yeah that looks fucking amazing.

I also love the new soft top. I've always preferred the soft top's looks, now that it's actually usable it's 5/7. I would be interested to see the db levels at 75 MPH soft top versus hard top. I wonder if the soft top is louder than the C5 inside, that is about as loud as I'd want to deal with on a DD.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:01 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:13 am

Yeah that looks fucking amazing.

I also love the new soft top. I've always preferred the soft top's looks, now that it's actually usable it's 5/7. I would be interested to see the db levels at 75 MPH soft top versus hard top. I wonder if the soft top is louder than the C5 inside, that is about as loud as I'd want to deal with on a DD.
I might end up getting one in a year or two. We'll see. I'd rather not get a 1st year product, warranty or not.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:35 am I wave to other SS but I just end up confusing old ladies in Malibu by my frantic waves.
:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Surfing around Rennlist and PelicanParts classifieds this afternoon makes me want another Porsche. Brings back the feels for my 968.

Damn it, I need a garage.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Apex wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:57 pm Surfing around Rennlist and PelicanParts classifieds this afternoon makes me want another Porsche. Brings back the feels for my 968.

I saw a grey 968 a few weeks ago. They didn't make many of them right?

I was all :megusta:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:03 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:57 pm Surfing around Rennlist and PelicanParts classifieds this afternoon makes me want another Porsche. Brings back the feels for my 968.

I saw a grey 968 a few weeks ago. They didn't make many of them right?

I was all :megusta:
According to Wikipedia, only 4665 were made for the US during the entire production run. 12,776 units in total world-wide.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

968 :megusta:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Davestr

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:13 pm968 :megusta:
:) :like:
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Buying an oil pressure gauge and these things cost more than my boost gauge. :waxer:

But its worth the investment for peace of mind.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

here's a slightly used 2017 under $30k
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/
:notbad:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Yeah even stock they're pretty damn quick. But tune that S4 and it's game over. I think these are good buys on the used market, but they occupy the same price bracket as 335i's, so be sure to test both out. Also keep in mind this is a good long term ownership proposition, as Audis will depreciate into the dirt as they age since nobody wants an old German car. It'll be worth $10k on trade in 3 years.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:51 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Yeah even stock they're pretty damn quick. But tune that S4 and it's game over. I think these are good buys on the used market, but they occupy the same price bracket as 335i's, so be sure to test both out. Also keep in mind this is a good long term ownership proposition, as Audis will depreciate into the dirt as they age since nobody wants an old German car. It'll be worth $10k on trade in 3 years.
this is why I would never buy a one new, as I am aware, hence I searched it. But funny thing is, doing a stage 1 GTI will essentially land the same result, with the exception of Wrong Wheel Drive.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Right now, i'm rolling in a 2018 Camry rental, will bring deets in a few days. It is such an improvement over the previous camry's i've ridden in ubers. :mindblown:
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:17 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:51 am

this is why I would never buy a one new, as I am aware, hence I searched it. But funny thing is, doing a stage 1 GTI will essentially land the same result, with the exception of Wrong Wheel Drive.
I kind of want an A5. Used they're under $30k so same price as a GTI but with AWD, better transmission, better suspension, nicer interior, similar depreciation, and hopefully built to a higher standard than their VW counterparts built by drunk German high school drop outs.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:18 am Right now, i'm rolling in a 2018 Camry rental, will bring deets in a few days. It is such an improvement over the previous camry's i've ridden in ubers. :mindblown:
I had one the other week to drive from Nashville to New Orleans. It was pretty nice inside, very comfortable, decent looking. Terrible "drivers car" though, and fuck adaptive radar cruise and all of that nonsense. Full self driving or no self driving or :gtfo: .
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:18 am Right now, i'm rolling in a 2018 Camry rental, will bring deets in a few days. It is such an improvement over the previous camry's i've ridden in ubers. :mindblown:
Still :gag: :doe:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:56 am
Still :gag: :doe:
It's a great car if you are totally :aintcare: about driving.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote:
I had one the other week to drive from Nashville to New Orleans. It was pretty nice inside, very comfortable, decent looking. Terrible "drivers car" though, and fuck adaptive radar cruise and all of that nonsense. Full self driving or no self driving or :gtfo: .
I tried those and i was like fuck that!! Seats are firm though, car only has 30 miles, so im the first renter. It has an 8 speed trans which was :mindblown:

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote:
wap wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:56 am Still :gag: :doe:
It's a great car if you are totally :aintcare: about driving.
I feel like its my car already Lmao!!