Car Talk 2: Un-American Motor Company.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:55 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:51 pm

You should pull your money out of FB and invest it in the Bank of China instead.
Chinese companies have far better ROIs than US. They are the way of the future the way things are going.
They are automating like its no tomorrow. No one's kid need worry. Their robot overlords will treat all the same LOL :)

People flipped out in the 80's when Japan started buying anything and everything too. This will plateau before you know it. What then.....
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Davestr wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:50 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:55 pm

Chinese companies have far better ROIs than US. They are the way of the future the way things are going.
They are automating like its no tomorrow. No one's kid need worry. Their robot overlords will treat all the same LOL :)

People flipped out in the 80's when Japan started buying anything and everything too. This will plateau before you know it. What then.....
Does Japan have the largest army in the world that is rapidly modernizing and a communist government?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
Davestr wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:50 pm They are automating like its no tomorrow. No one's kid need worry. Their robot overlords will treat all the same LOL :)

Does Japan have the largest army in the world that is rapidly modernizing and a communist government?
Japan has never attacked anyone in recorded history.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:56 pm
max225 wrote:
:lolgasm:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
:amazing:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

max225 wrote:
Neither has china.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:31 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:52 pm The fucking baby dick motor in this Escape is so bad. 0-60 in 10 seconds I think.
The 1.5 was rated at 9.2 or something ...
The 2.4 "old school " engine in the Accord sport was far better than the advanced "earth dreams" bullshit in the new shitvic

Escape is similar to my golf ... I can't believe I drove that car 75k miles ... go :scrooge: me
It's not exactly a boring car to begin with, as opposed to escape, but I don't think i'd get a TDI here in Murica.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:08 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:31 pm

The 1.5 was rated at 9.2 or something ...
The 2.4 "old school " engine in the Accord sport was far better than the advanced "earth dreams" bullshit in the new shitvic

Escape is similar to my golf ... I can't believe I drove that car 75k miles ... go :scrooge: me
It's not exactly a boring car to begin with, as opposed to escape, but I don't think i'd get a TDI here in Murica.
When I got it back in 2011 the sky was falling gas was nearly $5 in california and the prices were supposed to keep climbing.

Things change quickly doe... everyone forgot how much gas used to cost not that long ago. :lol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:09 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:08 pm

When I got it back in 2011 the sky was falling gas was nearly $5 in california and the prices were supposed to keep climbing.

Things change quickly doe... everyone forgot how much gas used to cost not that long ago. :lol:
I can see that.

I remember the days when gas was 4, which is huge here. I used to think 3.50 was cheap and now I think gas has started to get a little higher from time to time, that I only get gas at Liberty.

Not to mention, it started to drop drastically shortly after I got my Mexican Yaris, if I would've known, I would've jumped on the stang gt to begin with, but now I may subject to a longer commute within a month or more, so we'll see. #commutingtoDC
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Davestr

Vette Grand Sport Long term from C&D - http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/201 ... est-review
SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

Suspect Arrested After Intentionally Ramming Vehicles at Dealership

A suspect is in custody after intentionally ramming his vehicle into two high-end luxury cars at a Bellevue dealership yesterday. Bellevue Police responded to the Bentley dealership located at 1882 136th Place NE shortly after 8:30 p.m. yesterday after reports of a black Honda occupied by one person intentionally and repeatedly hitting two parked
cars. Officers arrived and detained one suspect, a 32-year-old Seattle resident. Officers also located two vehicles that had significant damage – a brand new Bentley and a Rolls-Royce.

Two witnesses that were contact stated they saw the driver of the Honda ram the unoccupied parked cars multiple times. When interviewed, the suspect told Officers that he had not slept in about 3 days, and claimed that he may have had a panic attack. The owner of the Bentley dealership told Officers that the two cars that were struck would likely both be a total loss, and the estimated value of the two vehicle was over 500,000 dollars. The suspect was placed under arrest for malicious mischief in the 1st degree and later booked into jail.
https://bellevuebeatblog.com/2017/08/14 ... ealership/

:troywax:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
troyguitar

Just read an article in GRM about the Golf GTE - I didn't realize that it was a hybrid rather than an electric-only car, and that the A3 e-tron is also essentially the same car.

1.4T + DSG with electric motors is :notbad: as a commuter. Way too expensive, but a neat car.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Davestr

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:09 am Image

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/0 ... unveiling/

:megusta: in4supra
+1 very interested to see what Toyobeemah have come up with....
Johnny_P

Davestr wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:28 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:09 am Image

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/0 ... unveiling/

:megusta: in4supra
I'm a little less interested in the Z4 aspect of this car. Really curious as to what Toyota will do with it. What engine it'll get, looks, etc. Then again maybe they'll pull a FRS/BRZ and just slap their bumper and badge on and call it a day. Not sure. I don't think they really have an engine for it.
Davestr

https://jalopnik.com/my-nissan-leaf-is- ... 1797922049

--My Nissan Leaf Is Saving The Planet But Killing My Soul! What Car Should I Buy?--

Needs a car that self drive's his azz to the gym...dats what he needs...dang dude talk a walk maybe???
Davestr

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:39 pm
Davestr wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:28 pm

I'm a little less interested in the Z4 aspect of this car. Really curious as to what Toyota will do with it. What engine it'll get, looks, etc. Then again maybe they'll pull a FRS/BRZ and just slap their bumper and badge on and call it a day. Not sure. I don't think they really have an engine for it.
Check this amigo!! https://jalopnik.com/the-gorgeous-bmw-z ... 1797931643
troyguitar

Davestr wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:10 pm

Giant :ramz: with ridiculously high beltline like every other new car. :flaccid:

Looks neat otherwise but I'm way more interested to see what comes of the Supra, hopefully it retains the hatch... :yeahok: :notsure:
Johnny_P

So it's a bathtub. That shoulder line needs to come wayyyyy down. Its alright I guess? Looks kind of plump, no?
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:13 pm

Giant :ramz: with ridiculously high beltline like every other new car. :flaccid:

Looks neat otherwise but I'm way more interested to see what comes of the Supra, hopefully it retains the hatch... :yeahok: :notsure:
I agree with :mahtroy:

:mindblown:
max225

What the FUCK is this thing? Is it some Magnus walker lookalike :disgust:

razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit, just get a 2005 Pontiac Aztek. Holy fuck this car is set up for camping.

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

Aztek was actually a pretty decent vehicle. Most of the late model pontiacs were :notbad:
SixSpeeder

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:28 pm

What the FUCK is this thing? Is it some Magnus walker lookalike :disgust:

That's you brah, the target consumer :notsure:
SixSpeeder

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:37 pm Aztek was actually a pretty decent vehicle. Most of the late model pontiacs were :notbad:
:wtf: