Car Talk 2: Un-American Motor Company.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Calvinball wrote:Why not start with a g37 in this hypothetical?

Sent from the Beer Depository
Why not start with a viper?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:24 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:08 am Man it would be a lot of fun to buy a decent G35 coupe and slap a Vortech supercharger on it. 450 WHP should be pretty do-able with the SC, an exhaust, and clutch. You'd probably be all in for about 12k and have a :mindblown: :plaid: car in the end.
Or just :dedong: and supercharge a :poorvette:
Cheaper and moar lolol.

My brubstick'd and geared brubtub surprised the hell out of a Gallardo yesterday getting on the highway. It was a rare sighting, and he thought he could dust me on a two-lane on-ramp.

:lolol: :nope:

The surprise factor is high since it's relatively quiet and looks stock.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:24 am

Cheaper and moar lolol.

My brubstick'd and geared brubtub surprised the hell out of a Gallardo yesterday getting on the highway. It was a rare sighting, and he thought he could dust me on a two-lane on-ramp.

:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Detroit always wins in Detroit.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:46 am Detroit always wins in Detroit.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Cheaper and moar lolol.

:fuckyeah: In4moardeets
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Going to try the new Berger Tuning drop in filter for the Z06 this weekend. Supposed to show up today.

Supposedly it has the same gains as the AFe intake and similar to the Halltech I have, but looks completely OEM from the outside. Since warranty claims are so stringent these days and some regional reps are denying claims if you have an airbox on the car, I figure it is worth a test.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:24 am Or just :dedong: and supercharge a :poorvette:
Cheaper and moar lolol.

Imageol: :nope:

I heard it was a Veyron :iono:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:30 am Going to try the new Berger Tuning drop in filter for the Z06 this weekend. Supposed to show up today.

Supposedly it has the same gains as the AFe intake and similar to the Halltech I have, but looks completely OEM from the outside. Since warranty claims are so stringent these days and some regional reps are denying claims if you have an airbox on the car, I figure it is worth a test.
:plac:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:25 am
Cheaper and moar lolol.

I should have clarified, I didn't beat him, but I kept up with him. We have a growing middle eastern oil population, and since our town is kind of the "it" place to be in the area, we get a lot of Arab douchenozzles with lambos rolling through.

Yesterday, we were going out to dinner, and there was a bright orange Gallardo next to us at a light getting onto the highway. 2 lane onramp...perfect for drags. Light turns green, and we both take off gently nbd. Then we hit the on ramp and I decide to give it the beans (first time Infamous has been in the car since tuned) in 2nd gear. Bro in the Gallardo views it as a challenge and takes off. We're neck and neck as I banged 3rd, and by the time I banged 4th (at like 110 woops) he backed off to merge behind me.

I don't view it as smoking him, but the fact that I kept up with him was :notbad: and I'm sure he was :wtf:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Cheaper and moar lolol.

I think early gallardos are only about as fast as the poorvette. The ones I have driven really didn't feel that great
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:50 pm
Cheaper and moar lolol.

I think early gallardos are only about as fast as the poorvette. The ones I have driven really didn't feel that great
Never driven one...but I thought they were over 500hp?
max225

Detroit wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:51 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:50 pm

They are about mid 12 second cars at best. And a bit heavier thanks to awd

I think your car in the current state is likely faster than that
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:51 pm

They are about mid 12 second cars at best. And a bit heavier thanks to awd

I think your car in the current state is likely faster than that
:ohdang:

Tuner claimed it felt like an 11sec car. :iono:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:42 pm

I should have clarified, I didn't beat him, but I kept up with him. We have a growing middle eastern oil population, and since our town is kind of the "it" place to be in the area, we get a lot of Arab douchenozzles with lambos rolling through.

Yesterday, we were going out to dinner, and there was a bright orange Gallardo next to us at a light getting onto the highway. 2 lane onramp...perfect for drags. Light turns green, and we both take off gently nbd. Then we hit the on ramp and I decide to give it the beans (first time Infamous has been in the car since tuned) in 2nd gear. Bro in the Gallardo views it as a challenge and takes off. We're neck and neck as I banged 3rd, and by the time I banged 4th (at like 110 woops) he backed off to merge behind me.

I don't view it as smoking him, but the fact that I kept up with him was :notbad: and I'm sure he was :wtf:
:notbad: Detroit :notbad:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:bruh:

On the internet the facts are you pulled miles on this guy and he looked like he was in reverse by the time you hit 195 mph. At the state line you got dinner, took a nap and he finally caught up to give you a thumbs down and pulled into a school zone.
max225

Detroit lambo racing lambo in Detroit

:mindblown:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225

Interesting car too bad we don't get em here
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:05 pm Detroit lambo racing lambo in Detroit

:dat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:05 pm Detroit lambo racing lambo in Detroit

ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:59 pm

:bruh:

On the internet the facts are you pulled miles on this guy and he looked like he was in reverse by the time you hit 195 mph. At the state line you got dinner, took a nap and he finally caught up to give you a thumbs down and pulled into a school zone.
Oh shit. That's correct. I need to amend the story.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

VWvortex :derp: s be like:

Bricked my car last night. Not Pleased.

Did a hard pull and got Overboost Limp Mode.

Pulled over, restarted the car, drove for 20 minutes without issue.

Did a hard pull again and got Databus error, transmission control error and Overboost again. Car was shifting like ****.

Pulled over, shut car off . . . car would not restart. Had to have it flat towed to the house.

Disconnected the battery and let her sit for a spell before reconnecting. Car would not start. VAGCOM could not detect ecu or tcu.

Disconnected the battery and tested it. Fine.

Let car sit disconnected overnight with battery on pulse charger.

Car started this morning. Taking car to San Juan tomorrow for VW to take a look at her. No stored codes this morning. Something is wonky. I don't like it.

Before you ask, I am not changing the software back to stock before going to the dealership. Something is wrong with the car, I want to know if it is software related so I can direct my anger properly. I am a stickler for honesty and will not lie to a dealership to fix an issue that I may have created by placing aftermarket components on the car. Hopefully I can isolate the problem today and not have to have the car taken to San Juan.

Things to check today:
Stress test battery.
Check Electrical System (Fuses, connections, etc.)
Pull Plugs.
Leak test turbocharger system.
Check all fluid levels.
Do some pulls and grab some logs and examine (if she wants to run right).

Current Car Information:
5500 Miles.
Oil / Filter changed at 5000 miles with Motul.

Mods:
Unitronic Stage II ECU / TCU
Unitronic Intercooler
Unitronic Downpipe
VWR 600 Intake and Intake Pipe
VWR Turbo Inlet Pipe
VWR Turbo 90 Deg Pipe.
IE Turbo Muffler Delete
APR Boost Hose Kit (FULL)
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Tarspin wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:15 pm VWvortex :derp: s be like:

Did a hard pull again and got Databus error, transmission control error and Overboost again. Car was shifting like ****.

Pulled over, shut car off . . . car would not restart. Had to have it flat towed to the house.

Disconnected the battery and let her sit for a spell before reconnecting. Car would not start. VAGCOM could not detect ecu or tcu.

Car started this morning. Taking car to San Juan tomorrow for VW to take a look at her. No stored codes this morning. Something is wonky. I don't like it.

Before you ask, I am not changing the software back to stock before going to the dealership. Something is wrong with the car, I want to know if it is software related so I can direct my anger properly. I am a stickler for honesty and will not lie to a dealership to fix an issue that I may have created by placing aftermarket components on the car. Hopefully I can isolate the problem today and not have to have the car taken to San Juan.

Things to check today:
Stress test battery.
Pull Plugs.
Check all fluid levels.

Current Car Information:
5500 Miles.

Mods:
Unitronic Intercooler
Unitronic Downpipe
VWR Turbo Inlet Pipe
VWR Turbo 90 Deg Pipe.
IE Turbo Muffler Delete
:whocares:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:15 pm VWvortex :derp: s be like:

Things to check today:
Stress test battery.
Pull Plugs.
Check all fluid levels.

Current Car Information:
5500 Miles.

Mods:
Unitronic Intercooler
Unitronic Downpipe
VWR Turbo Inlet Pipe
VWR Turbo 90 Deg Pipe.
IE Turbo Muffler Delete
:whocares:
:dat: :iono:

Buddy bought a 40k car, and within 5k miles bolts on every rediculous aftermarket crap, and then has no quams taking it to a dealer to lose his warranty. I'm just amazing at how stupid he is.