Dat detailing thread, doe.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:49 pm I'm about to go wash the wife's car. :|

Fucking pigsty.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I washed the GTI this morning and threw a nice coat of Griot's Garage One Step Sealant on it.

Then drove it to Clayton, had to park under a tree and came back to a bunch of sap.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:12 pm
fledonfoot wrote:I washed the GTI this morning and threw a nice coat of Griot's Garage One Step Sealant on it.

Then drove it to Clayton, had to park under a tree and came back to a bunch of sap.
:rage:

Sealant doe?
It's quick, lasts a decent amount of time and it does the job.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:13 pm Let the fun begin...

I also cleaned the gf's interior this afternoon :hue:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:25 pm
D Griff wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:23 pm

I also cleaned the gf's interior this afternoon :hue:
With :jizz: ?
Lexol. :disappoint:
Apex

D Griff wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:29 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:25 pm

Kinky.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:13 pm Let the fun begin...

:gag:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Apex wrote:What is this?

Oh :notbad:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:jimp:

Those ramz look good on the pumpkin.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
D Griff wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:23 pm I also cleaned the gf's interior this afternoon :hue:
:dat:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:25 pm With :jizz: ?
:disappoint:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:Never even got a chance to wash it tonight. I'm out of daylight, and I just finished the interior. :|

I guess tomorrow morning I'll wash it.
Hory sheet, that looks amazing!
Apex

Tarspin wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:31 pm

:jimp:

Those ramz look good on the pumpkin.
Love these ramz. They are 5/7 on this car, and OEM. :fuckyeah: Upsized the tarz doe, having some sidewall for my daily commute is rather beneficial.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I always thought about buying one of those pop up tent things for some shade. Even when using the leaf blower sometimes I can't dry the car fast enough to prevent water spots.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:52 pm

I always thought about buying one of those pop up tent things for some shade. Even when using the leaf blower sometimes I can't dry the car fast enough to prevent water spots.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
They're not bad to have and come in handy for throwing shade whenever you need to.

My dad went :troywax: on this back when we were running track days together. I did drop it on my foot getting it out of the shed today, and my foot is still sore. Whoops, not the lightest thing in the world.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:43 pm Never even got a chance to wash it tonight. I'm out of daylight, and I just finished the interior. :|

I guess tomorrow morning I'll wash it.
That's beej worthy.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:25 am
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:05 am

That's beej worthy.
First order of business when she gets home from her tripcation will be putting the dog in it and undoing it all. :lol:

Oh well. As long as it's not cleaning up festering goop, I find interior detailing incredibly meditative.
At least Allison will keep it clean for a week or two. Overall she takes respectable but not great care of her car. The :doge: is of the non shedding variety.

No pics because grey Ford Fusion has no place on DFD.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

'pex, the pumpkin looks great dude! Love it.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Cquartzed the Volt on Saturday and now it going to rain today. CQuartz says 48hours before water exposure, so infamous is driving the truck today.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:21 am Cquartzed the Volt on Saturday and now it going to rain today. CQuartz says 48hours before water exposure, so infamous is driving the truck today.
I think I may try CQuartz out for my winter detailing... the hype on here is pretty strong.

I've researched it a bit, anything I shouldn't miss reading/watching before going for it?
Apex

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:13 am 'pex, the pumpkin looks great dude! Love it.
Thanks Griff!

Seeing it in the sun this morning is :megusta:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:00 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:21 am Cquartzed the Volt on Saturday and now it going to rain today. CQuartz says 48hours before water exposure, so infamous is driving the truck today.
I think I may try CQuartz out for my winter detailing... the hype on here is pretty strong.

I've researched it a bit, anything I shouldn't miss reading/watching before going for it?
I learn by doing, so I just watched a video and then went for it.

Though, the thing about it is prep is insanely critical. You want to spend a lot of time getting the paint as perfect as possible because the CQuartz effectively puts a coating over the paint...in the condition it's in. Scratches, etchings, etc will all show, and you can't get them out easily once you have the CQuartz on. I spent 5 hours washing, iron-x, polising, scratch-x where needed, eraser, etc before CQuartz on the Volt. Turned out awesome, but it requires :impressive: effort for initial detail.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:45 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:00 am

I learn by doing, so I just watched a video and then went for it.

Though, the thing about it is prep is insanely critical. You want to spend a lot of time getting the paint as perfect as possible because the CQuartz effectively puts a coating over the paint...in the condition it's in. Scratches, etchings, etc will all show, and you can't get them out easily once you have the CQuartz on. I spent 5 hours washing, iron-x, polising, scratch-x where needed, eraser, etc before CQuartz on the Volt. Turned out awesome, but it requires :impressive: effort for initial detail.
:word:

My paint is certainly far from perfect, so I guess I'll be "locking in" some of that, which is why I've been hesitant... But meh, it is what it is at this point, I'd just prep it as well as I can and roll with it.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:55 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:45 am I learn by doing, so I just watched a video and then went for it.

:word:

My paint is certainly far from perfect, so I guess I'll be "locking in" some of that, which is why I've been hesitant... But meh, it is what it is at this point, I'd just prep it as well as I can and roll with it.
Yep. That's the way to do it. My paint is far from perfect. But I did some Dr Colorchip on the bad stuff, polished the best I could and sealed it. Really looks awesome, even though there's a number of spots that aren't perfect. I know where they are, but nobody else does.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:09 pm I'd love to Cquartz the wife's car. Would really make keeping it clean a lot easier.

Detail done. 25 minutes to spare to shower and get my ass to work.

Washed, clayed, polished the roof and hood, and waxed. Also conditioned all the black plastics.

:jizz: white, :fuckyeah:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote:

My fear is that we will have to relive the sport alignment fiasco. :rolleyes:

:trollface: :wub: