10th Gen Civic Si(gh) revealed!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Hey mang... why do you think I am bitching that I paid much more for the M sport 335 over a 328i. :lolol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote:Hey mang... why do you think I am bitching that I paid much more for the M sport 335 over a 328i. Imageol:
Yeah lol, that juan is a very :dafuq: from from the ultimate driving machine maker. It's the same case as the SI imo
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

SixSpeeder wrote:
max225 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:50 pm At that point who will buy the ARRRRRRRR version. I think the SI is fine. Blah as always. No one buys that car for speed anyways. There are faster cars for the money.
The real question is who spends close to $40k on a Honda Civic. :iono:
Same people who spend that for an Impreza, Focus, or Golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:therapist:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:25 pm Hondas always had terrible torque steer compared to VW.
I had it in a
1997 Civic with 100hp
A 2011 Acura TSX with 200hp
A 2013 Accord V6 with 250hp (And the worst wheel hop known to man)

I am :notsure: if they fixed it finally... but VW was really good about it... My TDI never had any... and I didn't experience any in a mK6 GTI or R and I don't think any in the MK7 with the PP.
Was that particular TSX manual by any chance. I don't recall getting torque steer on my 2004 TSX with "200 hp" and 170 ib ft of tq where I managed to make at best 8.3 seconds to 60, slower than a latina moms' 2.5 altima or sorostitude 1.8t Jetta :lol: But I do know the 1st gen had different K24 or K20 engines.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:37 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:25 pm Hondas always had terrible torque steer compared to VW.
I had it in a
1997 Civic with 100hp
A 2011 Acura TSX with 200hp
A 2013 Accord V6 with 250hp (And the worst wheel hop known to man)

I am :notsure: if they fixed it finally... but VW was really good about it... My TDI never had any... and I didn't experience any in a mK6 GTI or R and I don't think any in the MK7 with the PP.
Was that particular TSX manual by any chance. I don't recall getting torque steer on my 2004 TSX with "200 hp" and 170 ib ft of tq where I managed to make at best 8.3 seconds to 60, slower than a latina moms' 2.5 altima or sorostitude 1.8t Jetta :lol: But I do know the 1st gen had different K24 or K20 engines.
gen 2 had the torque monster K24 :facepalm: and auto
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:28 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:37 pm

gen 2 had the torque monster K24 :facepalm: and auto
my 04 TSX had 166 ib ft of tq :lol: and vtec engagement of 6k RPM, explains the lack of torque of steer, and I only used manual mode and switched gears at 7k RPM, hence the slow ass 0-60.

Whereas the 2nd gen 2009-2014, 173 tq and earlier vtec engagement at 5,100. Probably explains it.

On another note, K24W are earth dreams engine, with no VTEC engagement. Going back to 1995 single cam life.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

Calvinball wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:47 pm
SixSpeeder wrote:
The real question is who spends close to $40k on a Honda Civic. :iono:

Idk, the Golf R feels very much like the S3 that it is in refinement and finish, the Ford has 350 hp and AWD with drifto/crash into a canyon mode, and the STI has a trick AWD system and much burbles.

A 300 hp FWD Civic with a 7K redline just doesn't seem like anything special compared to the competition. Plus the look, there's no getting over the appearance of it unless you're really into... that.
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SixSpeeder wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:05 pm
Calvinball wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:47 pm

Idk, the Golf R feels very much like the S3 that it is in refinement and finish, the Ford has 350 hp and AWD with drifto/crash into a canyon mode, and the STI has a trick AWD system and much burbles.

A 300 hp FWD Civic with a 7K redline just doesn't seem like anything special compared to the competition. Plus the look, there's no getting over the appearance of it unless you're really into... that.
If I want a car made by Honda with some "power" and FWD, I much rather have a 2003-2007 Acura TL or Type-s, already real quick for its time, faster, NA v6, presumably have LSD, better looking and slightly smaller than a 10th gen. and $25-30k in my pocket for some headers and all that shiz.

oh and no electric steering and probably throttle by wire.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

http://hondanews.com/releases/stylish-s ... across-u-s
Honda's first ever turbocharged Civic Si packs more torque and broader power band than any previous Si model
Wider track, stiffer and lighter body make Civic Si most agile, best-handling ever
Standard features include Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™

The all-new 2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe and Civic Si Sedan will go on sale at Honda dealerships beginning tomorrow with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)1 starting at $23,900 for either the Si Coupe or Si Sedan. The exciting and dynamic Civic Si duo, revealed just last month, are the latest and sportiest additions to the 10th-generation Civic lineup, the most ambitious remake of Civic in the model's 44-year history.

Powering the Civic Si is a high-performance, high-torque 1.5-liter, direct-injected and turbocharged DOHC in-line 4-cylinder engine with dual variable cam timing (dual VTC). Mated to a short-throw, 6-speed manual transmission, the powertrain provides a dynamic driving experience with a much broader power band and significantly increased torque output compared to the previous Si. Peak output of 205 horsepower arrives 1,300 rpm lower in the rev range (5,700 vs. 7,000 rpm) and peak torque of 192 lb-ft (+18 lb-ft) is produced 2,300 rpm earlier (2,100 vs. 4,400 rpm) and sustained over 70 percent of the engine's rev range.

The 2017 Civic Si Coupe and Sedan are significantly lighter than the previous generation models: Civic Si Sedan curb weight, at 2,906 pounds, is down 96 pounds from the previous model, while the Si Coupe, at 2,889 pounds, is 113 pounds lighter than before. Both models feature a more rigid body and upgraded chassis components, including a dual-pinion adaptive electric power steering system with variable ratios, sport-tuned suspension featuring a two-mode adaptive damper system, a helical limited-slip differential, larger 12.3-inch front brake rotors (+0.5 inches) and wider 235/40 R18 tires with an available summer tire option. In addition to adaptive dampers, suspension upgrades include stiffer spring rates, more rigid stabilizer bars (+30 percent front, +60 percent rear), solid front and rear compliance bushings, and ultra-rigid front upper control arms shared with the track-ready Civic Type R. Wheel track for the new Si Sedan and Coupe has increased 1.2 inches at the front and 0.3 inches at the rear, offering improved stability, a lower center of gravity and improved cornering performance.

The Civic Si Coupe and Sedan offer two dynamic driving modes: Normal and Sport. The default Normal Mode offers more comfort-oriented dynamics while the Sport Mode adjusts the suspension damping characteristics plus steering and throttle response for a more taut and direct driving experience.

2017 Civic Si Pricing and EPA Fuel Economy Ratings
Trim MSRP1 EPA MPG Rating4 (cit/highway/combined)
Civic Si Coupe (6MT) $23,900 28/38/32
Civic Si Coupe (6MT) w/ summer tires $24,100 28/38/32
Civic Si Sedan (6MT) $23,900 28/38/32
Civic Si Sedan (6MT) w/ summer tires $24,100 28/38/32
Goes on to mention a few other things like 450 watt stereo standard, apple car play and android auto standard, and a bunch of safety shit nobody cares about.

Under 3k lbs on 235 tires. 205 HP with the :jalepenis: turbo. Helical LSD / 6MT. 2-mode dampers.

Those prices aren't too bad. Should give the GTI a run for its money. But keep in mind you need to add the $875 destination fee. Why don't manufacturers add this shit. You have to pay it, so fucking add it.

If I were shopping this segment I think I'd pick this over a GTI.
Last edited by Johnny_P on Fri May 12, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P

Also this:

So you can get a bright ass green coupe. :notbad:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Bright ass green ftw
troyguitar

I stopped following these, can you get the Si with no sunroof?
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 1:09 pm I stopped following these, can you get the Si with no sunroof?
I think it comes standard.
Johnny_P

I think they're morons for not offering the 8-DCT in this.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 1:15 pm I think they're morons for not offering the 8-DCT in this.
They should imo, the 10th gen si doesn't look "sporty" by any means, compared to previous gens.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 1:15 pm I think they're morons for not offering the 8-DCT in this.
:dat: :dat: :dat:

I have been saying that they should bring it for months now.
Johnny_P

Maybe it can't handle the torque? :iono:
It can't handle the V6, not strong enough. That's why Acura had to go to the shitty ZF 9AT transmission for that motor. So it certainly can't handle tuned power.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

I'm surprised its going on sale already. I haven't seen any drive reviews of it yet
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 1:47 pm Maybe it can't handle the torque? :iono:
It can't handle the V6, not strong enough. That's why Acura had to go to the shitty ZF 9AT transmission for that motor. So it certainly can't handle tuned power.
Obviously Honda can't match the engineering of VW's DSG from 2004... :derp:
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 1:21 pm
They should imo, the 10th gen si doesn't look "sporty" by any means, compared to previous gens.
Lets not forget the grand sportyness when it comes to 200hp and 120lb of torque, propelling you 0-60 slower than a honda odyssey if no clutch drop is done
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 2:25 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 1:21 pm

Lets not forget the grand sportyness when it comes to 200hp and 120lb of torque, propelling you 0-60 slower than a honda odyssey if no clutch drop is done
I really wanted to like the 8th gen Si.
But man.... punching it in 2nd around a hard right, the car had absolutely no get up. Nothing. Fully dead until 6k and then it got fun and made noises but by then I'm speeding anyway. Having to drop to 1st around every turn is :nope:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 2:31 pm
max225 wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 2:25 pm

I really wanted to like the 8th gen Si.
But man.... punching it in 2nd around a hard right, the car had absolutely no get up. Nothing. Fully dead until 6k and then it got fun and made noises but by then I'm speeding anyway. Having to drop to 1st around every turn is :nope:
I seem to remember the car being dead up to 4500. Completely gutless.... I drove it back to back with a MK5, and I couldn't go back... it seemed wayyyyyyyyyyy faster.

Also you have to be in 3rd by 60.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 1:05 pm http://hondanews.com/releases/stylish-s ... across-u-s
Honda's first ever turbocharged Civic Si packs more torque and broader power band than any previous Si model
Wider track, stiffer and lighter body make Civic Si most agile, best-handling ever
Standard features include Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™

The all-new 2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe and Civic Si Sedan will go on sale at Honda dealerships beginning tomorrow with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)1 starting at $23,900 for either the Si Coupe or Si Sedan. The exciting and dynamic Civic Si duo, revealed just last month, are the latest and sportiest additions to the 10th-generation Civic lineup, the most ambitious remake of Civic in the model's 44-year history.

Powering the Civic Si is a high-performance, high-torque 1.5-liter, direct-injected and turbocharged DOHC in-line 4-cylinder engine with dual variable cam timing (dual VTC). Mated to a short-throw, 6-speed manual transmission, the powertrain provides a dynamic driving experience with a much broader power band and significantly increased torque output compared to the previous Si. Peak output of 205 horsepower arrives 1,300 rpm lower in the rev range (5,700 vs. 7,000 rpm) and peak torque of 192 lb-ft (+18 lb-ft) is produced 2,300 rpm earlier (2,100 vs. 4,400 rpm) and sustained over 70 percent of the engine's rev range.

The 2017 Civic Si Coupe and Sedan are significantly lighter than the previous generation models: Civic Si Sedan curb weight, at 2,906 pounds, is down 96 pounds from the previous model, while the Si Coupe, at 2,889 pounds, is 113 pounds lighter than before. Both models feature a more rigid body and upgraded chassis components, including a dual-pinion adaptive electric power steering system with variable ratios, sport-tuned suspension featuring a two-mode adaptive damper system, a helical limited-slip differential, larger 12.3-inch front brake rotors (+0.5 inches) and wider 235/40 R18 tires with an available summer tire option. In addition to adaptive dampers, suspension upgrades include stiffer spring rates, more rigid stabilizer bars (+30 percent front, +60 percent rear), solid front and rear compliance bushings, and ultra-rigid front upper control arms shared with the track-ready Civic Type R. Wheel track for the new Si Sedan and Coupe has increased 1.2 inches at the front and 0.3 inches at the rear, offering improved stability, a lower center of gravity and improved cornering performance.

The Civic Si Coupe and Sedan offer two dynamic driving modes: Normal and Sport. The default Normal Mode offers more comfort-oriented dynamics while the Sport Mode adjusts the suspension damping characteristics plus steering and throttle response for a more taut and direct driving experience.

2017 Civic Si Pricing and EPA Fuel Economy Ratings
Trim MSRP1 EPA MPG Rating4 (cit/highway/combined)
Civic Si Coupe (6MT) $23,900 28/38/32
Civic Si Coupe (6MT) w/ summer tires $24,100 28/38/32
Civic Si Sedan (6MT) $23,900 28/38/32
Civic Si Sedan (6MT) w/ summer tires $24,100 28/38/32
Goes on to mention a few other things like 450 watt stereo standard, apple car play and android auto standard, and a bunch of safety shit nobody cares about.

Under 3k lbs on 235 tires. 205 HP with the :jalepenis: turbo. Helical LSD / 6MT. 2-mode dampers.

Those prices aren't too bad. Should give the GTI a run for its money. But keep in mind you need to add the $875 destination fee. Why don't manufacturers add this shit. You have to pay it, so fucking add it.

If I were shopping this segment I think I'd pick this over a GTI.
Of course YOU would ;)
:trollface:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Wow they claim 38mpg :notsure: but 24k MSRP is seriously :notbad:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 5:23 pm Wow they claim 38mpg :notsure: but 24k MSRP is seriously :notbad:
$24,100 if you want real tires. + $875 destination. It's a $25k car. That's not a bad thing though, and I think it's priced well. It's always undercut the GTI and the competition by a few grand. Should retain value a lot better too.