List of under-tired "performance/sports" cars :triggered:

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

4zilch wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:04 am 445's :dedong:Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:triggered:
:lolgasm:
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

maxtdi wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:33 am
Melon wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:31 am

Point is, you might find that you enjoy the car the way it is.
I get being busy balls, I'm on the board for our local SCCA and have made commitments to help out, otherwise I'd race way less than I do.
The car is fine the way it is, however the point still stands that it is completely stupid to have 225 tires in the front of this thing.

I am not sure why this :triggered: so many. I mean most here haven't even driven my car or an Msport 335i
:bruh:

There's actually technical info in this thread as to why your car and other performance oriented cars have "baby dick" tires up front, but you pooped all over those reasons because you're set on being :triggered: .

My best friend has a 335:

He also owned a R35 GT-R and a 500 hp + STI, he daily drives the BMW and it's relatively stock. Enjoy your damn car bruh, there are kids in Africa who don't have BMWs.

dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
max225

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:44 pm
maxtdi wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:33 am

The car is fine the way it is, however the point still stands that it is completely stupid to have 225 tires in the front of this thing.

I am not sure why this :triggered: so many. I mean most here haven't even driven my car or an Msport 335i

There's actually technical info in this thread as to why your car and other performance oriented cars have "baby dick" tires up front, but you pooped all over those reasons because you're set on being :triggered: .

He also owned a R35 GT-R and a 500 hp + STI, he daily drives the BMW and it's relatively stock. Enjoy your damn car bruh, there are kids in Africa who don't have BMWs.

What technical info did I miss, among all the shit ppl posted?
The immense danger of hydroplaning if the fronts were closer to 245/255s in my car? They don't seem to take out any M3s.
The lack of MPG? Should be negligible considering I'm up-spending for performance
The lack of steering feel? The M3 on 265s is lauded to have better feel than my car on 225s.

So I don't see anything other than plain :scrooge: on BMWs part to keep tires at 225, and make ppl spend extra to get the M for additional performance.

I am enjoying my car for what it is, however I don't see any issues with pointing out obvious flaws :iono: This doesn't mean it is the #worstcarintheworld and I am going to set it on fire.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

It's FE and noise. Period. FE for EPA and noise because :baby:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SixSpeeder

Article is old, not sure if still completely relevant:

http://www.bmwblog.com/2015/09/12/buy-b ... ne-a-335i/

"There is a common philosophy amongst BMW enthusiasts that BMW’s M cars aren’t worth the money anymore because you can tune a standard BMW up to the same levels or performance, if not to a higher performance level, for less money. The BMW 335i over the M3 is a common one. The BMW 335i’s N55 engine can be tuned to much more than the M3’s 425 hp with just a few upgrades and it will costs significantly less than buying an M3.

I can see the appeal in getting more performance for less money. For a moment.

The problem with that philosophy is that BMW’s M Division cars are so much more than just hp that saying so insults the M Division as a whole. BMW M cars have entirely different suspensions and different suspension geometry. The chassis setups are completely different, steering racks are changed and completely different lightweight body panels are used in some areas. A BMW M3 actually shares very little with the standard car, in terms of performance. There’s so much different that the M3 feels like an entirely different animal. So saying you can just bump up the power of a 335i and add new coilovers and make it an M3 is a joke.
"
SixSpeeder

How much of your suspension is shared with an M3 on an M-Sport 335i?
max225

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:54 pm Article is old, not sure if still completely relevant:

http://www.bmwblog.com/2015/09/12/buy-b ... ne-a-335i/

"There is a common philosophy amongst BMW enthusiasts that BMW’s M cars aren’t worth the money anymore because you can tune a standard BMW up to the same levels or performance, if not to a higher performance level, for less money. The BMW 335i over the M3 is a common one. The BMW 335i’s N55 engine can be tuned to much more than the M3’s 425 hp with just a few upgrades and it will costs significantly less than buying an M3.

I can see the appeal in getting more performance for less money. For a moment.

The problem with that philosophy is that BMW’s M Division cars are so much more than just hp that saying so insults the M Division as a whole. BMW M cars have entirely different suspensions and different suspension geometry. The chassis setups are completely different, steering racks are changed and completely different lightweight body panels are used in some areas. A BMW M3 actually shares very little with the standard car, in terms of performance. There’s so much different that the M3 feels like an entirely different animal. So saying you can just bump up the power of a 335i and add new coilovers and make it an M3 is a joke.
"
Yep that's the ///M cool aid. Tweak spring rate by 1% make the part 4x more expensive. Etc etc. Now with the "m sport" crap they started to trickle a lot of that into the "pedestrian" 3 series, I.E my car has the same steering wheel as an M3, and a few other bits that I don't care for looking up.
SixSpeeder

maxtdi wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:48 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:44 pm

What technical info did I miss, among all the shit ppl posted?
The immense danger of hydroplaning if the fronts were closer to 245/255s in my car? They don't seem to take out any M3s.
The lack of MPG? Should be negligible considering I'm up-spending for performance
The lack of steering feel? The M3 on 265s is lauded to have better feel than my car on 225s.

So I don't see anything other than plain :scrooge: on BMWs part to keep tires at 225, and make ppl spend extra to get the M for additional performance.

I am enjoying my car for what it is, however I don't see any issues with pointing out obvious flaws :iono: This doesn't mean it is the #worstcarintheworld and I am going to set it on fire.
I'm not going to quote everyone, but pretty much steering feel, gas mileage (:thxbama:), resistance to losing control at the limit in unskilled hands, are all valid factual reasons to have tiny tars up front for most consumers on all but the most performance oriented vehicles, which pedestrian drivers don't buy. Also, there's a lot of other factors that effect handling like tire type and suspension tuning that we just aren't talking about. All this has been brought up.
max225

yep those are all valid points. However usually when anyone goes for one of those vehicles it isn't for the badge alone... you pay quite a bit of money on top of the badge to get extra performance... however the issue is that they are "midgrade" level performance vehicles.. purposefully neutered to upsell to the top level.

Anyways I'm beating a dead horse at this point. I think I presented the issue at hand very clearly. The solution is also obvious, it is just :disgust: that you have to pay more even though you already PAID for the performance.
SixSpeeder

maxtdi wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:37 pm yep those are all valid points. However usually when anyone goes for one of those vehicles it isn't for the badge alone... you pay quite a bit of money on top of the badge to get extra performance... however the issue is that they are "midgrade" level performance vehicles.. purposefully neutered to upsell to the top level.

Anyways I'm beating a dead horse at this point. I think I presented the issue at hand very clearly. The solution is also obvious, it is just :disgust: that you have to pay more even though you already PAID for the performance.

"There's no such thing as a perfect car."

- Charles Manson
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

maxtdi wrote:yep those are all valid points. However usually when anyone goes for one of those vehicles it isn't for the badge alone... you pay quite a bit of money on top of the badge to get extra performance... however the issue is that they are "midgrade" level performance vehicles.. purposefully neutered to upsell to the top level.

Every car is neutered from the factory. Thank the lawyers...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:42 pm
maxtdi wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:37 pm yep those are all valid points. However usually when anyone goes for one of those vehicles it isn't for the badge alone... you pay quite a bit of money on top of the badge to get extra performance... however the issue is that they are "midgrade" level performance vehicles.. purposefully neutered to upsell to the top level.

"There's no such thing as a perfect car."

- Charles Manson
It's true, he did say that.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

maxtdi wrote:yep those are all valid points. However usually when anyone goes for one of those vehicles it isn't for the badge alone... you pay quite a bit of money on top of the badge to get extra performance... however the issue is that they are "midgrade" level performance vehicles.. purposefully neutered to upsell to the top level.

It makes more sense to get a base model and add aftermarket. After this feedback that's the only way I'd badge whore
max225

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:55 pm

It makes more sense to get a base model and add aftermarket. After this feedback that's the only way I'd badge whore
Considering you just got an R :triggered:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:55 pm It makes more sense to get a base model and add aftermarket. After this feedback that's the only way I'd badge whore
Not me obviously lol
SixSpeeder

maxtdi wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:07 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:55 pm
:lolol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SixSpeeder wrote:
maxtdi wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:07 pm

Imageol:
I wonder if they will give me my deposit back :trollface:
SixSpeeder

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:10 pm
SixSpeeder wrote:
Imageol:
Good luck mang.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:10 pm
SixSpeeder wrote:
Imageol:
Why not, just tell them wife doesn't approve

:trollface:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Fuck that I can't wait to get it!
max225

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:15 pm Fuck that I can't wait to get it!
Why is it taking 1 month, I can't :member: ?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:15 pm Fuck that I can't wait to get it!
Earth destroyer buy back in April
max225

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:04 pm
maxtdi wrote:
Earth destroyer buy back in April
Do you have a date or is that just an "estimate"?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:04 pm Earth destroyer buy back in April
Courts wrap up 3/31 to finalize payout structure etc. That's all I know.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:17 pm
maxtdi wrote:
Courts wrap up 3/31 to finalize payout structure etc. That's all I know.
Oh... no wai bruh... you won't get a date until may then... they finalized in oct 25th in the US and the EAAAARLIEST date I could get is 12/3.