Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:41 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:38 pm
:dat:
They must be the "Kool-Aid Krawlers"
:iswydt:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:11 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:54 am

Just get the Morimoto ones I linked to before. The Retrofit Source doesn't fuck around with what they offer. I'd be very careful with shooting in the dark with Jhinese Amazon products.

I'm running the Morimoto XB LED projector fogs (which are also available for the Canyonado twins) and I have nothing but awesome things to say about them. Completely plug and play, they have a warranty, and they worked 100% with no issues.
Eh, these Amazon ones have great reviews, use reputable parts, are $70 cheaper, and have a 2-year warranty supposedly. A lot of the Colorado dudes use them with the dust covers with zero cutting or issues. This way, I can take it to the :dillerman: for oil changes and the like and it'll look 100% factory.

TRS ones claim to have issues working with the low voltage DRL's that the truck has as well. These are proven to work, so whatever.
We'll get to compare soon, I just ordered these: https://www.amazon.com/LIGHTENING-DARK- ... 4VFM1?th=1

It's another set that several people on the Colorado forum recommended, and it comes with both High and Low beams. Once I get them and try them for a few days, I may end up buying the Opt7 replacement LED Fogs as well.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

wow engrish all over that ad :notsure:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:18 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:41 pm

They must be the "Kool-Aid Krawlers"
:koolaid:
:lolgasm: :lolol:

POTD: tag team edition
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:08 am wow engrish all over that ad :notsure:
Well, all these are straight from China. As long as they work with a decent warranty and not too pricey, :aintcare:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:32 am
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:13 pm

We'll get to compare soon, I just ordered these: https://www.amazon.com/LIGHTENING-DARK- ... 4VFM1?th=1

It's another set that several people on the Colorado forum recommended, and it comes with both High and Low beams. Once I get them and try them for a few days, I may end up buying the Opt7 replacement LED Fogs as well.
Yep, I want to install lighting on my truck by a company that can't spell lightning or lighting. :nope:

Such description, much exclusive, :doge:
Fair point. But again, several people have used them with no issues, so I'll give them a shot. If they don't work, I'll just return them and try the ones that Detroit posted.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:43 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:08 am wow engrish all over that ad :notsure:
Well, all these are straight from China. As long as they work with a decent warranty and not too pricey, :aintcare:

I'm not willing to spend like $300+ to upgrade the whole front of the truck to HIDs with the Diode Dynamics stuff, cause that's just ridiculous.
Johnny_P

http://hooniverse.com/2017/09/14/a-ford ... ford-wont/

Ford dealer made a new Lightning. 5.0L Coyote with a Roush supercharger good for about 650 HP. This dealer is a certified Roush dealer, so factory warranty intact. Side exhaust, lowered suspension, custom 22" wheels that look pretty cool. $49,661.

http://www.pioneerfordofbremen.com/new/ ... epth=22:22
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:24 am http://hooniverse.com/2017/09/14/a-ford ... ford-wont/

Ford dealer made a new Lightning. 5.0L Coyote with a Roush supercharger good for about 650 HP. This dealer is a certified Roush dealer, so factory warranty intact. Side exhaust, lowered suspension, custom 22" wheels that look pretty cool. $49,661.
That'll haul some shit. :notbad:

Wheels also look similar to the 2nd gen Lightning wheels.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Welcome to the 21st century Mack (and Volvo). Finally doing things your competitors have been doing for the better part of a decade.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex

http://www.motortrend.com/news/nissan- ... eneration/

@[user not found] can upgrade his 2007 Bro-Forks. Next generation Frontier announced.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Devilchrono wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:11 pm
Eh, these Amazon ones have great reviews, use reputable parts, are $70 cheaper, and have a 2-year warranty supposedly. A lot of the Colorado dudes use them with the dust covers with zero cutting or issues. This way, I can take it to the :dillerman: for oil changes and the like and it'll look 100% factory.

TRS ones claim to have issues working with the low voltage DRL's that the truck has as well. These are proven to work, so whatever.

They came in on Saturday, and should be straightforward to install. It's just gonna suck to do the passenger side because you've got to remove so much shit to get access to the back of the damn headlight housing, especially if you can't access it from the fender well like you can the fog lights.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

JEEP JEEP JEEP
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Apex wrote: http://www.motortrend.com/news/nissan- ... eneration/

@[user not found] can upgrade his 2007 Bro-Forks. Next generation Frontier announced.

Here's a sneak peek of the concept...

Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:32 pm
Apex wrote: http://www.motortrend.com/news/nissan- ... eneration/

Here's a sneak peek of the concept...

:boner:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Apex wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:41 pm http://www.motortrend.com/news/nissan- ... eneration/

that orange navara doe, they better bring it here.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:58 pm From what I've read thus far, it'll be a heavily modified version of what's already on the market, utilizing a similar frame and running gear (nothing wrong with it, honestly). My truck drives really well.

It really just needs a fresher body, interior, and engine/auto trans. The frame is overbuilt and the drivetrain is solid.
Yep. Just needs a refresh of interior/exterior and maybe updated engine stuff but the frame and chassis overall are really good.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:31 am
[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:58 pm From what I've read thus far, it'll be a heavily modified version of what's already on the market, utilizing a similar frame and running gear (nothing wrong with it, honestly). My truck drives really well.

It really just needs a fresher body, interior, and engine/auto trans. The frame is overbuilt and the drivetrain is solid.
Yep. Just needs a refresh of interior/exterior and maybe updated engine stuff but the frame and chassis overall are really good.

Don't make it any bigger Nissan!
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:31 am

It's hard to say. Since mid pickups have such a long shelf life these days, it seems like key updates to the chassis/frame for weight reduction would pay dividends in the long run. I guess Toyota phoned it in, and GM didn't really do much in the weight reduction department, so maybe it's not necessary. But if I a truck is going to need to live well into the next decade, it'll need some sort of work on that front.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:58 pm It really just needs a fresher body, interior, and engine/auto trans. The frame is overbuilt and the drivetrain is solid.

All the reviews I've read/watched about the mid-size market still praise the Frontier for what it is.
It's only mentioned that the interior, and styling are showing it's age.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

If I needed a :truk: I'd strongly consider a Frontier, I like that it's ancient. Hopefully they don't fuck with the formula much. A truck being utilitarian isn't a bad thing.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:48 pm If I needed a :truk: I'd strongly consider a Frontier, I like that it's ancient. Hopefully they don't fuck with the formula much. A truck being utilitarian isn't a bad thing.
I like the [user not found] spec very much as well, dat manual and dat 370Z engine.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:20 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:48 pm If I needed a :truk: I'd strongly consider a Frontier, I like that it's ancient. Hopefully they don't fuck with the formula much. A truck being utilitarian isn't a bad thing.

It's robust and no frills but still has modern comforts like bluetooth, BT streaming, a kickass Cockford Foozgate sound system, power locks, windows, and mirrors. :truk:
And not ginormous.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Apex wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:39 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:20 pm

It's robust and no frills but still has modern comforts like bluetooth, BT streaming, a kickass Cockford Foozgate sound system, power locks, windows, and mirrors. :truk:
And not ginormous.

I drove it, it seats 4 comfortable.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:58 pm
I like the [user not found] spec very much as well, dat manual and dat 370Z engine.
It isn't a 370z engine, only somewhat similar.

Z engine revs to 7500 and has quite a few performance goodies