Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:50 am
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:35 am
But think of the warranty :rolleyes:
I am legit nervous about that. The electrical systems are incredibly complex these days. If these lights fry something somewhere, it could be :waxer: to fix out of warranty.
....or you put the oems back in before derping to the :dillerman:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:54 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:50 am
I am legit nervous about that. The electrical systems are incredibly complex these days. If these lights fry something somewhere, it could be :waxer: to fix out of warranty.
Assuming the ECU or whatever doesn't fry.

But yea, that's why I like the idea of a truly PNP system. I'll probably give these LEDs a try eventually. Still haven't even driven the truck in the dark yet to know how bad the halogens really are.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:26 am https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LCE19OI/_e ... 2YNNDARVGM

Breh's on the forums claim these fit under the stock dust caps because of the low profile heatsink and the way the wire comes out the back. I might give these a shot.
omfg :gtfo:

Chris buy the fucking bulbs
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Go full :plac: mod the FUCK out of a lease.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:02 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:54 am

But yea, that's why I like the idea of a truly PNP system. I'll probably give these LEDs a try eventually. Still haven't even driven the truck in the dark yet to know how bad the halogens really are.
and if it does :whocares: put the stock bulbs back in and :derp: to the :dillerman:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:06 am Go full :plac: mod the FUCK out of a lease.
:nope:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:09 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:02 am

and if it does :whocares: put the stock bulbs back in and :derp: to the :dillerman:
We'll see.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:05 am

He is just being a fucking stubborn :mahtroy: because he knows I'm right when I told him to swap the bulbs yet he will post up every excuse in the book to prove his "point" while having the bulb on order already.

:disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:18 am

He is just being a fucking stubborn :mahtroy: because he knows I'm right when I told him to swap the bulbs yet he will post up every excuse in the book to prove his "point" while having the bulb on order already.

:lolgasm:

Fine. Bulbs ordered. It'll be easier to swap them when the truck is brand new like than later.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:18 am

:lolol:
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

I did some checking this morning. The taco didn't come with dust covers so I didn't have this issue but the bulbs fit flush like stock bulbs so I don't think it'll be an issue. Been 9 months with mine and they've been solid.

Pic of color of light

Didn't feel like moving the truck to get a good pic of the cut off

Bulb installed
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

dtraill27 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:32 am

Didn't feel like moving the truck to get a good pic of the cut off
nice flag
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:54 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:26 am https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LCE19OI/_e ... 2YNNDARVGM

Breh's on the forums claim these fit under the stock dust caps because of the low profile heatsink and the way the wire comes out the back. I might give these a shot.
Just get the Morimoto ones I linked to before. The Retrofit Source doesn't fuck around with what they offer. I'd be very careful with shooting in the dark with Jhinese Amazon products.

I'm running the Morimoto XB LED projector fogs (which are also available for the Canyonado twins) and I have nothing but awesome things to say about them. Completely plug and play, they have a warranty, and they worked 100% with no issues.
5/7 would buy from The Retrofit Source for upgraded lighting.
Apex

There's a black 2017 extended cab ZR2 for sale at my local Chevy :dillerman:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:54 am

Just get the Morimoto ones I linked to before. The Retrofit Source doesn't fuck around with what they offer. I'd be very careful with shooting in the dark with Jhinese Amazon products.

I'm running the Morimoto XB LED projector fogs (which are also available for the Canyonado twins) and I have nothing but awesome things to say about them. Completely plug and play, they have a warranty, and they worked 100% with no issues.
Eh, these Amazon ones have great reviews, use reputable parts, are $70 cheaper, and have a 2-year warranty supposedly. A lot of the Colorado dudes use them with the dust covers with zero cutting or issues. This way, I can take it to the :dillerman: for oil changes and the like and it'll look 100% factory.

TRS ones claim to have issues working with the low voltage DRL's that the truck has as well. These are proven to work, so whatever.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Apex wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:57 am There's a black 2017 extended cab ZR2 for sale at my local Chevy :dillerman:
Theres a crew one at my local diller for $41. Although if I was gonna go with a new one I'd probably go :dedong: with a Silverado crew cab
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:57 am There's a black 2017 extended cab ZR2 for sale at my local Chevy :dillerman:
Too bad the extendeds are so small in the back. I wouldn't consider anything other than a crew.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:15 pm
Too bad the extendeds are so small in the back. I wouldn't consider anything other than a crew.
:dat: I probably couldn't fit a car seat in the back of an extended cab.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:17 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:15 pm
:dat: I probably couldn't fit a car seat in the back of an extended cab.
You probably could, but that's about it. It would probably work fine for :baby: until they reached 6 or 7.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

BTW i noticed colorados are now offering extended beds... ?! I thought they were all on the same chassis, that new extended bed looks crazy long.
That things looks longer/bigger than a heavy duty 2500 from 2 gens ago.
:mindblown:

BTW I really dig the ZR2, it has got to be the most capable vehicle for the money, in line with the old ancient wrangler rubicunt which doesn't offer an auto worth a damn

I am pretty sure they have mark-ups here :(

:dedong: :dedong:
ChrisoftheNorth

Colorado has always had the crew cab long bed, but it's not a big seller for obvious reasons. It really does look massive...proportionally it just doesn't work. And really, if you want something that long, get a Silverado.

There's two wheelbases...
1.) Extended/long bed and Crew short bed (ZR2 is only based on this wheelbase)
2.) Crew/long bed

I met a group of guys AT MY COMPANY ( :mindblown: )that bought/leased ZR2's and go off-roading on a weekly basis. I'm joining them next week at a local spot. Pretty stoked. These are the first "enthusiasts" I've met here.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:59 pm Colorado has always had the crew cab long bed, but it's not a big seller for obvious reasons. It really does look massive...proportionally it just doesn't work. And really, if you want something that long, get a Silverado.

2.) Crew/long bed

I met a group of guys AT MY COMPANY ( :mindblown: )that bought/leased ZR2's and go off-roading on a weekly basis. I'm joining them next week at a local spot. Pretty stoked. These are the first "enthusiasts" I've met here.
:fuckyeah: let us know how it goes!
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:59 pm Colorado has always had the crew cab long bed, but it's not a big seller for obvious reasons. It really does look massive...proportionally it just doesn't work. And really, if you want something that long, get a Silverado.

2.) Crew/long bed

:fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:17 pm

2.) Crew/long bed

Enthusiasts? At GM? :mindblown:
:dat:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:38 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:17 pm

Enthusiasts? At GM? :mindblown:
:dat:
They must be the "Kool-Aid Krawlers"