Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:23 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:09 pm
Frontqueer Gayges

Colonorado gayges

Both are fine, gayges are worthless in a new car anyways. All you need is speed and fuel the rest is why you take it to the "warranty" place
:dat:

The upper trim colorado's have a larger color display in the middle. Which is offset into the tach and makes Mr. :wasteful: :triggered:

:whocares: what I think?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:25 am
OME is good shit. You'll probably be happy with that.

I've never liked AAL's, they tend to stiffen up the rear too much. I took AAL's out of out a lot of my past rigs. Replacement spring packs are the way to go. But again, OME probably has it worked out OK.
I'm looking at putting an OME setup on the Grand Cherokee this spring, along with some 32's.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:15 am

I've never liked AAL's, they tend to stiffen up the rear too much. I took AAL's out of out a lot of my past rigs. Replacement spring packs are the way to go. But again, OME probably has it worked out OK.
I'm looking at putting an OME setup on the Grand Cherokee this spring, along with some 32's.
Fantastic idea. That setup on that vehicle will get you far, IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

The upper trim colorado's have a larger color display in the middle. Which is offset into the tach and makes Mr. :wasteful: :triggered:

I never noticed mine being offset.
:aintcare:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:38 am

I never noticed mine being offset.
:aintcare:
Nor have I. It's the design of the tach that makes it all not noticeable at all.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Looks great to me, finally something different.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:21 am

I agree that replacement packs are the way to go for long term goals, but that's a bit pricey - basically double the cost.

The rear of the Frontier is actually a little soft anyway, and the stock springs do tend to sag over time, so the AAL will help extend their life and retain the arch. I can always add the OME spring packs later down the road.

I did OME springs on my Trooper years ago. They were fantastic.

That all being said... if I had the coin, I'd just go buy a ZR2. Something to be said about a complete out-of-the-box setup from the factory.
Oh, interesting. AAL might work just fine.
ChrisoftheNorth

To be a bit critical of my ZR2, I do wish it had just a tad more ground clearance. If I end up buying it (which at this point is highly likely), I'd add a small spacer lift to the front and 33's. I think it would be perfect then.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:53 am To be a bit critical of my ZR2, I do wish it had just a tad more ground clearance. If I end up buying it (which at this point is highly likely), I'd add a small spacer lift to the front and 33's. I think it would be perfect then.
Are you scraping off-road a lot?
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:54 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:53 am To be a bit critical of my ZR2, I do wish it had just a tad more ground clearance. If I end up buying it (which at this point is highly likely), I'd add a small spacer lift to the front and 33's. I think it would be perfect then.
I've had some incidents with rocks and high centering on deep rutted 2-tracks on more extreme stuff (see my wheeling thread), a few extra inches would make it pretty invincible. Especially when I add a winch to the front.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:00 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:54 am

I've had some incidents with rocks and high centering on deep rutted 2-tracks on more extreme stuff (see my wheeling thread), a few extra inches would make it pretty invincible. Especially when I add a winch to the front.
:notbad: A few extra inches never hurt. :hue:
Hidden winch setup? Or hitch receiver mounted?
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:09 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:00 pm I've had some incidents with rocks and high centering on deep rutted 2-tracks on more extreme stuff (see my wheeling thread), a few extra inches would make it pretty invincible. Especially when I add a winch to the front.
I bought a front receiver mount that fits in the stock bumper without cutting. I'm going to try that before going with a mounted setup that would require cutting. The truck is a lease after all and who knows what a year and a half will bring.

The thing about the receiver setup is I think there's a lot of value in being able to mount the hitch to either end of the truck. When we were on Drummond Island and our dude got stuck in the ditch face-first, a front mounted winch would have done nothing for him. I think it'll be the right answer for now.

I just need the weather to warm up enough for me to install it. I also need to run wires to the front and rear of the truck. I bought a 10k lb Warn VR10-s on a black friday deal last year, I just need to get around to getting it all setup.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:30 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:09 pm

I bought a front receiver mount that fits in the stock bumper without cutting. I'm going to try that before going with a mounted setup that would require cutting. The truck is a lease after all and who knows what a year and a half will bring.

The thing about the receiver setup is I think there's a lot of value in being able to mount the hitch to either end of the truck. When we were on Drummond Island and our dude got stuck in the ditch face-first, a front mounted winch would have done nothing for him. I think it'll be the right answer for now.

I just need the weather to warm up enough for me to install it. I also need to run wires to the front and rear of the truck. I bought a 10k lb Warn VR10-s on a black friday deal last year, I just need to get around to getting it all setup.
That'll be a sweet setup, especially for a lease. :like:

I was watching something last night about a rally in eastern Europe and nearly all of those rigs had winches mounted front and rear. Some situations, like you mentioned, would benefit from being able to pull from behind.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:30 pm

That'll be a sweet setup, especially for a lease. :like:

I was watching something last night about a rally in eastern Europe and nearly all of those rigs had winches mounted front and rear. Some situations, like you mentioned, would benefit from being able to pull from behind.
Indeed.

From my wheeling thread:

If he had a front-mounted winch, it would have been in the mud. So not only would getting to it be difficult, but what good would it do? It would just pull his back end into the ditch, making a super difficult recovery.

Instead, we winched him from behind and he came right out. This case is easy to chalk up to "driver error" but that ditch looked completely solid as he approached. It could have happened to the best wheeler. Guess he should have gotten out and tested it, but we had just driven across a number of them that were actually solid.

We'll see if carrying the lose winch becomes a pain or not. It certainly is heavy.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:34 pm The H3T probably would have been popular if it came out sooner. The wheelbase is bad, but still didn't hurt the capability too much.
False, it's terrible looking.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:16 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:34 pm The H3T probably would have been popular if it came out sooner. The wheelbase is bad, but still didn't hurt the capability too much.
Wrong. This is DFD. You're always wrong.
Apex

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

What's so terrible about this?! :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:19 pm Image

:iono: I like it, personally.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:19 pm Image

Everything.

I need'nt explain myself, it's my opinion dammit.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:18 pm

We're not there yet.
max225

I really like the styling of the H3, it is like a JKU before it was cool to have a JKU.

if the pricing wasn't :fullretard: i may even consider one.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:21 pm I really like the styling of the H3, it is like a JKU before it was cool to have a JKU.

I always thought they were fugly. :iono:
Never was much of a Hummer fan.

:hue:

H2 was a beast off road doe.
max225

Melon wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:22 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:21 pm I really like the styling of the H3, it is like a JKU before it was cool to have a JKU.

I always thought they were fugly. :iono:
Never was much of a Hummer fan.

:hue:

H2 was a beast off road doe.
:notsure:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Melon wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:20 pm Everything.

I need'nt explain myself, it's my opinion dammit.
:dat: