Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Melon wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:44 am I'm a fan.Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
:jimp:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:11 pm
Detroit wrote: :doit:
Done.

Anyways, driving impressions are impressive. Rides great. Very similar to mine with the Bilsteins, just sits a bit higher. Cabin seems smaller. Materials are overall good but some switchgear feels cheap. Gayges are nice, the digital readout is awesome. 8-speed automatic is fucking fantastic.

I was really surprised to see wireless charging in the console.

Would I buy if I was in the market? Probably. Does it make sense to replace my truk? No.

Just makes me want to throw a couple hundred at a small lift and call it a day and enjoy my nearly as capable truck and my equity.

:megusta:

So, Rausch Creek this year?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

All of that makes sense
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

I'm surprised by the gauges comment. I think they are some of the most boring rental spec looking ones out there
max225

dtraill27 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:54 pm I'm surprised by the gauges comment. I think they are some of the most boring rental spec looking ones out there
I think he was referring to the center piece.
I mean what else do you need in a :truk:
ChrisoftheNorth

Do a lot of research when picking a lift. I've driven too many lifted vehicles that drive like :poop: even just small lifts. The lift components really need to be engineered to work well with the stock suspension components. Most lifts are just MOAR HIGH without much consideration for ride and handling.

That's what makes the ZR2 special to me. Lifted trucks just don't drive like that. I'm sure the Raptor is in the same boat.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:01 pm
dtraill27 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:54 pm I'm surprised by the gauges comment. I think they are some of the most boring rental spec looking ones out there
Was just going to post this. Simple and easy to read. The screen in the center is nice. It's a damned :truk: :whocares:

Nicer than the ATS, IMO.

:triggered:
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:05 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Was just going to post this. Simple and easy to read. The screen in the center is nice. It's a damned :truk: :whocares:

Nicer than the ATS, IMO.

Frontqueer Gayges

Colonorado gayges

Both are fine, gayges are worthless in a new car anyways. All you need is speed and fuel the rest is why you take it to the "warranty" place
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:09 pm

Nicer than the ATS, IMO.

Frontqueer Gayges

Colonorado gayges

Both are fine, gayges are worthless in a new car anyways. All you need is speed and fuel the rest is why you take it to the "warranty" place
:dat:

The upper trim colorado's have a larger color display in the middle. Which is offset into the tach and makes Mr. :wasteful: :triggered:

max225

Why not leave the :truk: stock it does everything you threw at it?! :triggered:
max225

I prefer the stock look... :iono: bottoming out be damned.
max225

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Hummer-H3 ... ~B&vxp=mtr
Yo Dawg... I heard you're waiting on the new Commanche :jeep: :truk:

Here is a flashback to 2007-9 with a Hummer H3T Alpha and a V8 that is better in every way :triggered:
max225

It even came in Whorange!
max225

Man today sure seems like a repeat of 2006 or 7 or so...
max225

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:07 pm
max225 wrote:Man today sure seems like a repeat of 2006 or 7 or so...
Que?
:truk: all the things FUCK cars, cheap crediz ima borrow for 84 months to afford a depreciating paperweight.
max225

:wasteful: :wasteful: :wasteful:
:wasteful: :thisisfine: :wasteful:
:wasteful: :wasteful: :wasteful:

:nuke: :nuke: :nuke:
:nuke: :derp: :nuke:
:nuke: :nuke: :nuke:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:00 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:27 pm

I'd love to do Rausch Creek with a group: http://www.offroad-consulting.com/home.html
:fuckyeah: We'd probably look to do something after the Fap this year.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:38 pm I prefer the stock look... :iono: bottoming out be damned.
This is a case where it's functional, looks be damned.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:00 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:27 pm

I'd love to do Rausch Creek with a group: http://www.offroad-consulting.com/home.html
ZR2 gayges are pretty nice, actually. The offset screen doesn't bother me, and contains a LOT of usable info. Actual tire pressures, nav instructions, digital speed + speed limit, audio.
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:03 pm Do a lot of research when picking a lift. I've driven too many lifted vehicles that drive like :poop: even just small lifts. The lift components really need to be engineered to work well with the stock suspension components. Most lifts are just MOAR HIGH without much consideration for ride and handling.

That's what makes the ZR2 special to me. Lifted trucks just don't drive like that. I'm sure the Raptor is in the same boat.
I'm doing my homework. Been reading forumbreh reviews and talking to a guy at Nisstec. Leaning towards Old Man Emu. Full shock/spring combo in the front, longer shocks in the rear, and add-a-leaves in the rear. The Aussies don't mess around.

http://nissteclifts.com/index.php?page= ... &Itemid=72

Nicer than the ATS, IMO.

ATS gayges were awful. 0/7 execution.
OME is good shit. You'll probably be happy with that.

I've never liked AAL's, they tend to stiffen up the rear too much. I took AAL's out of out a lot of my past rigs. Replacement spring packs are the way to go. But again, OME probably has it worked out OK.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:42 pm It even came in Whorange!
You joke, but these things were insanely capable.
ChrisoftheNorth

Saw a ZR2 with a 0.75" spacer lift on the front, which is enough to fit 33's on. If I owned this truck (I probably should), I'd :doit: Looks a lot better and the extra ground clearance would be super useful.
max225

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:26 am
max225 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:42 pm It even came in Whorange!
You joke, but these things were insanely capable.
I don’t joke at all. These things were awesome (in non truk) Form without that epic wheel base which takes away from the off road capability. I was just pointing out that it seems like no one is making a super :truk: like That jeep everyone is waiting for. Yet GM did It and only sold 3k units before the card house crumbled.

I’m really digging the H3 btw they are only around $7-10k here. I wonder if that I5 is reliable ...
ChrisoftheNorth

The H3T probably would have been popular if it came out sooner. The wheelbase is bad, but still didn't hurt the capability too much.

The 5 banger has proven to be reliable, just a but slow. An H3 Alpha with the 5.3 would be :jimp: but they seem to be holding their value too much. I've considered it. Maybe when gas prices finally creep up...
max225

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:34 pm The H3T probably would have been popular if it came out sooner. The wheelbase is bad, but still didn't hurt the capability too much.

The 5 banger has proven to be reliable, just a but slow. An H3 Alpha with the 5.3 would be :jimp: but they seem to be holding their value too much. I've considered it. Maybe when gas prices finally creep up...
Except then it wouldn’t make any sense either. Which is why they went bust. The alphas are 20-25k for ones with 100k miles :fullretard: might as well get a new JL for that money which performs just as well and is probably faster too
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:45 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:34 pm The H3T probably would have been popular if it came out sooner. The wheelbase is bad, but still didn't hurt the capability too much.

Except then it wouldn’t make any sense either. Which is why they went bust. The alphas are 20-25k for ones with 100k miles :fullretard: might as well get a new JL for that money which performs just as well and is probably faster too
I don't care if gas is $1 or $10. I drive so little, it doesn't really impact me. I'm ready to buy gas guzzlers when the time is right.

But it's insane how :waxer: Alphas are. Makes absolutely zero sense.