Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:17 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:13 pm
Yea, it's the "desirable" spec.

I'll take a fleetside, :doe: Even those are appreciating.

Pretty much everything seems to be lately.
I'm gonna regret selling the C20 someday. :|
Yea, I was actually thinking about that truck the other day. That will be :waxer: at some point.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:04 pm Man, the experience on buying a Canyonado thus far has been pretty :flaccid:

Diller #1: Sherwood Groves GMC in Towanda - the one that got the :plac: gears turning. 2018 GMC Canyon All-Terrain. $39730 MSRP, $33589 posted sale price (link: http://www.sherwoodgroves.com/new/GMC/2 ... 98c64e.htm). Verified dill. Unfortunately, I also verified that this price was due to the truck being hit in some way, shape, or form on the lot, and the damage was significant enough that they were legally required to disclose it. When I pressured for details on damage, the trail went cold. So, must've been bad. Gave me $23k sight unseen for the Frontier. Good customer service up to that point, though.

Dilller #2: Reedman Chevrolet in Langhorne. 2018 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab Shortbed in Silver Ice. $39135 MSRP, $35156 posted sale price (link: http://www.reedmantollchevy.com/Vehicle ... 3043791173). Connection: Friend of my finance manager. Bit of a shit situation on his end, as we had to cancel our appointment due to family issues/death in the family. Everything has been done via text thus far. Dplac gave me the low down on current incentives ($2k conquest, $1k customer cash, $750 trade assist, and up to $4k "flex cash." So, I gave him the dill I want: $24500 on trade, $32-33k for new truk, and we've got a dill. They're at $22k sight unseen on Frontier which has some room for improvement, but his mangler gave me a "this isn't how any of this works" response on my discount request. We'll pick that one up later next week, if this continues.

Diller #3: Fred Beans Chevrolet in Doylestown. 2018 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab Shortbed in Summit White. $38780 MSRP, $32248 posted sale price (link: https://www.fredbeanschevrolet.com/Vehi ... 3075001883). I know the salesperson, had a personal referral to the sales manager from another manager in the Beans network, and the deal I wanted was literally posted on the website. Trade in should be easy, right? Well, this is where it gets :flaccid: : Unfortunately, their showroom flooded over Memorial day, so said sales manager is a bit distracted, handed me off to another manager to assist with the process. End up with a sales person that I worked with previously, but manager is playing hardball on trade. Ready for it? $18900.

:lolol:

I have dealers giving me $22-23k sight unseen for a truck, and I waste my personal time to bring it into a dealer, and get thrown an insulting number. And I work in the industry. Luckily I didn't get a chance to meet this mangler and laugh in his face, but :bruh:

Real ACV of my truck is $24k. I'm asking high at $25000 with the goal of getting to $24k in the end. It should be fairly simple. I walk in, state my deal, work in the industry, have connections, know the incentives, and I'm still get yanked around. This is everything that's wrong with the automotive sales process.

My best shot still lies with Diller #3, though, if even continue the process at this point.

After all that, I think I'll probably just order up the suspension kit for the Forks and :aintcare: for another few years. The nice thing about all this is that I don't have to do anything. I just wanted to do a thing because I wanted to do a thing, I like the Colorado, and I believe in the truk. Plus it'd be cool to drink some of that Dplac :koolaid:
Man, lots of :| here. Sorry mang.

I'd love to serve you some :koolaid:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Guess the GM bukkake will have to be put on hold :disappoint:

Not too surprised though. This is how the sales process goes for us plebes. Also why I hate buying cars.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Instead of all the :disappoint: in here:
Bloo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:04 pm Man, the experience on buying a Canyonado thus far has been pretty :flaccid:

Diller #1: Sherwood Groves GMC in Towanda - the one that got the :plac: gears turning. 2018 GMC Canyon All-Terrain. $39730 MSRP, $33589 posted sale price (link: http://www.sherwoodgroves.com/new/GMC/2 ... 98c64e.htm). Verified dill. Unfortunately, I also verified that this price was due to the truck being hit in some way, shape, or form on the lot, and the damage was significant enough that they were legally required to disclose it. When I pressured for details on damage, the trail went cold. So, must've been bad. Gave me $23k sight unseen for the Frontier. Good customer service up to that point, though.

Dilller #2: Reedman Chevrolet in Langhorne. 2018 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab Shortbed in Silver Ice. $39135 MSRP, $35156 posted sale price (link: http://www.reedmantollchevy.com/Vehicle ... 3043791173). Connection: Friend of my finance manager. Bit of a shit situation on his end, as we had to cancel our appointment due to family issues/death in the family. Everything has been done via text thus far. Dplac gave me the low down on current incentives ($2k conquest, $1k customer cash, $750 trade assist, and up to $4k "flex cash." So, I gave him the dill I want: $24500 on trade, $32-33k for new truk, and we've got a dill. They're at $22k sight unseen on Frontier which has some room for improvement, but his mangler gave me a "this isn't how any of this works" response on my discount request. We'll pick that one up later next week, if this continues.

Diller #3: Fred Beans Chevrolet in Doylestown. 2018 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab Shortbed in Summit White. $38780 MSRP, $32248 posted sale price (link: https://www.fredbeanschevrolet.com/Vehi ... 3075001883). I know the salesperson, had a personal referral to the sales manager from another manager in the Beans network, and the deal I wanted was literally posted on the website. Trade in should be easy, right? Well, this is where it gets :flaccid: : Unfortunately, their showroom flooded over Memorial day, so said sales manager is a bit distracted, handed me off to another manager to assist with the process. End up with a sales person that I worked with previously, but manager is playing hardball on trade. Ready for it? $18900.

:lolol:

I have dealers giving me $22-23k sight unseen for a truck, and I waste my personal time to bring it into a dealer, and get thrown an insulting number. And I work in the industry. Luckily I didn't get a chance to meet this mangler and laugh in his face, but :bruh:

Real ACV of my truck is $24k. I'm asking high at $25000 with the goal of getting to $24k in the end. It should be fairly simple. I walk in, state my deal, work in the industry, have connections, know the incentives, and I'm still get yanked around. This is everything that's wrong with the automotive sales process.

My best shot still lies with Diller #3, though, if even continue the process at this point.

After all that, I think I'll probably just order up the suspension kit for the Forks and :aintcare: for another few years. The nice thing about all this is that I don't have to do anything. I just wanted to do a thing because I wanted to do a thing, I like the Colorado, and I believe in the truk. Plus it'd be cool to drink some of that Dplac :koolaid:
Typical :dillerman: BS as always.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:38 pm Instead of all the :disappoint: in here:
Bloo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:megusta:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:45 pm
:dat:

Need to eliminate those side-steps if you plan on any off-road, doe.
Discussions with dplac have been had. Will look for someone with a zr2 who wants steps to swap with. Or grab some takeoff zr2 sliders.
ChrisoftheNorth

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:45 pm

They're good rocker protection, but could very likely get in the way at some point.

Would look 5/7 with ZR2 sliders, :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:17 pm

Discussions with dplac have been had. Will look for someone with a zr2 who wants steps to swap with. Or grab some takeoff zr2 sliders.
Yea, a surprising number of ZR2 buyers want steps. A bit :fullretard: but whatever.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could find someone. There's 2nd Gen Colorado and Colorado ZR2 facebook groups that are quite active. Coloradofans is decently active as well. Might be worth posting on.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:28 pm My plans on a Colorado Z71 would be as follows: Eibach Pro-truck leveling kit with a 1" OEM block in the rear, ZR2 sliders, and some real skid plates, then tires down the road. /fin
:jimp:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:36 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:29 pm
:jimp:

Would be a pretty 5/7 :truk: setup. And probably a total bill of under $1100.

I'm looking more into the suspension for the Forks, it's going to run me a lot more to lift that and add sliders.
Well, you're talking about a much more involved lift on the Forx. But TBH, probably not something you "need" right away. The MABDR should be doable in it stock, but I would make sure it's got ample underbody protection.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:19 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:17 pm

Yea, a surprising number of ZR2 buyers want steps. A bit :fullretard: but whatever.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could find someone. There's 2nd Gen Colorado and Colorado ZR2 facebook groups that are quite active. Coloradofans is decently active as well. Might be worth posting on.
Ill check out some of the Facebook groups too.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:29 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:41 pm
Well, you're talking about a much more involved lift on the Forx. But TBH, probably not something you "need" right away. The MABDR should be doable in it stock, but I would make sure it's got ample underbody protection.
Not that much more involved, swapping out leaves isn't that bad on a newer truck.

Everything that's kinda triggering anything is the soft rear spring rate on the Forx. Just can't handle much tongue weight or payload.
Let us know if you want another set of hands if you go this route.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:36 pm

Would be a pretty 5/7 :truk: setup. And probably a total bill of under $1100.

I'm looking more into the suspension for the Forks, it's going to run me a lot more to lift that and add sliders.
Do I need anything more than those 2 zr2 skids and possibly sliders?
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:53 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:51 pm

Nah.

Maybe some flexible mudflaps.
:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:29 pm
Not that much more involved, swapping out leaves isn't that bad on a newer truck.

Everything that's kinda triggering anything is the soft rear spring rate on the Forx. Just can't handle much tongue weight or payload.
I dunno why I figured the EMU kit would have more than that. More than just struts in the front, etc.

Totally understood on the payload and tongue weight, :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

Nothing besides to :gtfo: and go wheeling.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:06 pm

Nothing besides to :gtfo: and go wheeling.
:fuckyeah:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Blew two tires on my :truk: this week.

Purchased new set of six Falkens, :225: 70R19.5, $2,077 :fuckyeah: :wasteful: company Image.

:truk: :disgust:

In4his&hers ZR2 :doe:
Apex

:popcorn:
It’s getting cereal.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:43 pm Canyonado :dill: update: Up to 22.5k on trade at Beans. They're getting cereal now.

I'm standing firm on my 24k and only requested the spray-in liner be included at the $32248 price. :popcorn:
~2k on top of their :dill:

ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:28 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:43 pm Canyonado :dill: update: Up to 22.5k on trade at Beans. They're getting cereal now.

I'm standing firm on my 24k and only requested the spray-in liner be included at the $32248 price. :popcorn:

I'd be surprised if they let it go for that.
max225

Detroit wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:00 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:28 pm

Right? Depends on who wants it more... :dill: is "good as is"
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:03 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:00 pm
Right? Depends on who wants it more... :dill: is "good as is"
The thing is, they have the flex cash to spend to get the :dill: done. Just depends on if they've used enough. Most promotions end on Monday, I suspect :dill: to be had.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Did you 'splain the condition of your truck to them? That it's been waxed behind the taillights and all?