Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:52 am
max225 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:16 am
:dat: I mean I researched some trucks before buying mine. I never liked the current gen tundra. It’s a hideous bulbous thing that shouldn’t exist because it was half assed from day 1.
It is BEEG. I think its a good truck though. A guy at the gym has one with sweet ramz in that Cavalry Blue with a number of TRD bits on it and it looks pretty butch.
Does nothing for me… I do prefer the new gen ugly and all.

We should Have a gym car/truk Thread. It seems like that establishment draws an interesting crowd
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:37 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:52 am

It is BEEG. I think its a good truck though. A guy at the gym has one with sweet ramz in that Cavalry Blue with a number of TRD bits on it and it looks pretty butch.
Does nothing for me… I do prefer the new gen ugly and all.

We should Have a gym car/truk Thread. It seems like that establishment draws an interesting crowd
Mine certainly does. There's a guy who parks his Ferrari in the handicapped space out front.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:05 pm Hideous

Huh. It looks like those gross new GM :truk:

:butwhy:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:16 pm https://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/d/helmet ... 58959.html

:fullretard:

That price is straight bonkers.
WOW
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:16 pm https://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/d/helmet ... 58959.html

That belongs in a junkyard
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

WOW.

200K+ miles: check
Worst color imaginable: check
Totaled levels of rust: check
Price of a new Maverick: almost check
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:23 pm

WOW.

200K+ miles: check
Worst color imaginable: check
Totaled levels of rust: check
Price of a new Maverick: almost check
:dat:

The world's insane.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

I have absolutely no need for this thing, but the want is strong for some reason:

https://www.baldwinautomotivegroup.com/ ... 42ed16.htm
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Devilchrono wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:48 pm I have absolutely no need for this thing, but the want is strong for some reason:

https://www.baldwinautomotivegroup.com/ ... 42ed16.htm
Man that's a base PW too. Probably was $50k after cash on the hood for the original buyer.
max225

Also to bring up an interesting topic here.

The ford Maverick seems to be a bit of game changer... while it has a fairly small bed at only 4.5" it is in fact quite usable as a "city" truck. Most don't need 4wd and FWD is preferable to RWD in almost all application when it comes to a "truck". That said the MPGs are impressive for that tiny Hybrid and you're no longer required to get an archaic powertrain elsewhere that gets 20mpg... and you can essentially get close to 40!!

It has a quirky and decent interior and its quite practical... The pricing is EPIC at 20k and 25-27 for a pretty loaded FWD model.

now all of the advantages fall apart when you opt for AWD+ the 2.0T which makes it completely useless IMO as it brings it over 30k. But the base FWD model is GREAT!

What do ya'll think.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:30 pm Also to bring up an interesting topic here.

The ford Maverick seems to be a bit of game changer... while it has a fairly small bed at only 4.5" it is in fact quite usable as a "city" truck. Most don't need 4wd and FWD is preferable to RWD in almost all application when it comes to a "truck". That said the MPGs are impressive for that tiny Hybrid and you're no longer required to get an archaic powertrain elsewhere that gets 20mpg... and you can essentially get close to 40!!

It has a quirky and decent interior and its quite practical... The pricing is EPIC at 20k and 25-27 for a pretty loaded FWD model.

now all of the advantages fall apart when you opt for AWD+ the 2.0T which makes it completely useless IMO as it brings it over 30k. But the base FWD model is GREAT!

What do ya'll think.
That new little trucklet from H , the Santa Cruz. is it's closest competitor, no? MSRP for that is like $24k. Just based on how H/K are killing it these days, I'd probably opt for one of those. Although, I'm not in the :jalepenis: :truk: market so :whocares: what I think.

MSRP: From $23,990
Towing capacity: 3,500 to 5,000 lbs
MPG: Up to 21 city / 27 highway
Dimensions: 196″ L x 75″ W x 67″ H
Bed length: 48″
Horsepower: 191 to 277 hp

Though IF I were, I'd probably go with the Santa Cruz as I've totally drunk the :koolaid: after living with one of their products for 2 years now.

Also looks kind of :neat: for what it is.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:30 pm Also to bring up an interesting topic here.

What do ya'll think.
If that little bastard could tow 5k lbs, I'd probably buy one. Ford really nailed it with that thing IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:59 pm

What do ya'll think.
That new little trucklet from H , the Santa Cruz. is it's closest competitor, no? MSRP for that is like $24k. Just based on how H/K are killing it these days, I'd probably opt for one of those. Although, I'm not in the :jalepenis: :truk: market so :whocares: what I think.

Though IF I were, I'd probably go with the Santa Cruz as I've totally drunk the :koolaid: after living with one of their products for 2 years now.

I'd be really curious to drive one of these, but I think I prefer the Maverick because it's more utilitarian than trying to be :fancy:

BUT, there is a version that tows 5k lbs, it just starts at $35k. I think I'd rather buy a real truck that can actually go off-road for that.
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:02 pm

What do ya'll think.
If that little bastard could tow 5k lbs, I'd probably buy one. Ford really nailed it with that thing IMO.
Um,

2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
[img]MSRP: From $23,990
Horsepower: 191 to 277 hp[/img]
max225

What do ya'll think.
Yea it tops out at 4K in the top awd 2.0T trim. Which is pricy and no longer fuel efficient. Frankly I don’t think it was designed to tow.
wap

Oops. Missed your last post before I posted the above. :derp:
max225

What do ya'll think.

There are two major things setting the two apart. The Ford is 20/30% cheaper and 40-50% more fuel efficient in the base trim. I think it makes for a perfect little “contractor” “bakery” trucklet type thing although a van is probably superior but if you want a smol bed you can’t really go wrong
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:07 pm
Yea it tops out at 4K in the top awd 2.0T trim. Which is pricy and no longer fuel efficient. Frankly I don’t think it was designed to tow.
No, it clearly wasn't and that's fine for that it is. It's what the Ranger is for and it's how Ford is differentiating between the two.

I'm really curious about the new Ranger. The midsize truck segment is going to be :popcorn: in 2 years.

All-new:
Tacoma
Colorado/Canyon
Ranger

One of them will be my next vehicle.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:07 pm Oops. Missed your last post before I posted the above. :derp:
:mahtroy:
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:09 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:07 pm

No, it clearly wasn't and that's fine for that it is. It's what the Ranger is for and it's how Ford is differentiating between the two.

I'm really curious about the new Ranger. The midsize truck segment is going to be :popcorn: in 2 years.

All-new:
Tacoma
Colorado/Canyon
Ranger

I’m very curious about the taco. Rumors say toyota will switch everything to the new tundra platform which is frigging epic !

And other than being too big would be my next vehicle. 22 tundra fixed everything wrong with the 07 model that they sold through 21 :disgust:

I don’t think I’m holding my breath on gm there have been weird issues with their products, fked torque converters and those valve train issues on the v6 right ?

Yoda forums say the taco won’t get here till 26 but other publications say 24 … who knows with “cOvid” delays
wap

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:09 pm

There are two major things setting the two apart. The Ford is 20/30% cheaper and 40-50% more fuel efficient in the base trim. I think it makes for a perfect little “contractor” “bakery” trucklet type thing although a van is probably superior but if you want a smol bed you can’t really go wrong
2022 Ford Maverick
Pickup truck
MPG: Up to 23 city / 30 highway
MSRP: From $19,995
Towing capacity: 2,000 lbs
Dimensions: 200″ L x 73″ W x 69″ H
Bed length: 54″
Engine: 2.0 L 4-cylinder, 2.5 L 4-cylinder

Mileage doesn't seem to be that different. :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:16 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:09 pm

All-new:
Tacoma
Colorado/Canyon
Ranger

I’m very curious about the taco. Rumors say toyota will switch everything to the new tundra platform which is frigging epic !

And other than being too big would be my next vehicle. 22 tundra fixed everything wrong with the 07 model that they sold through 21 :disgust:

I don’t think I’m holding my breath on gm there have been weird issues with their products, fked torque converters and those valve train issues on the v6 right ?

Yoda forums say the taco won’t get here till 26 but other publications say 24 … who knows with “cOvid” delays
Yea, the GM 3.6 is proving to be a not great engine. Timing chain issues are popping up in older units, combine that with tq converter issues when paired with the RWD 8 speed, and man...I think steering clear is the way. But the new truck will get the 2.7T and 10 speed from the Silverado, which would be epic in that truck. So I'm not ruling it out.

New Taco should surface in the next few years, unless Toyota decides to push it out because people continue to line up around the block to buy the ancient one. I can't imagine they're in a rush to bring the new one to market.

I like the Tundra, just massive and I think it's kind of ugly. Need to see IRL :doe:
max225

wap wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:21 pm
2022 Ford Maverick
Pickup truck

The 2.0T is same the 2.5 hybrid is 40/30
wap

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:21 pm

2022 Ford Maverick
Pickup truck

The 2.0T is same the 2.5 hybrid is 40/30
Ah. :word:
ChrisoftheNorth

2022 Ford Maverick
Pickup truck

Hybrid 2.5L is supposed to get 40mph highway.