Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

I don't really get it either. But that's none of my business. If you're happy with it that's what matters.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:43 am I don't really get it either. But that's none of my business. If you're happy with it that's what matters.
Then :gtfo: of the :truk: thread? Beds and their utility are a big part of :truk:

:stfu:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:01 am
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:52 am Finally got a tonneau cover for the truck, will try to get pics later tonight though. So happy to have it finally.
What did you end up with? I put an Access Vanish on mine so I could do this:

Works awesome. Cheap, and solid quality.
That looks like a nice setup for sure. When the little guy gets bigger and we hopefully get more active, I may look at upgrading to the type you've got and putting rails on it for bikes. For now, I went with this one:

https://www.realtruck.com/gator-tri-fol ... 750MA.html

Today's the first day with it one the truck, so I may have to adjust it some over the next few days, but it's solid quality and seems to have sealed really nice. Install was super easy and took like all of 15 minutes.
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:48 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:01 am
What did you end up with? I put an Access Vanish on mine so I could do this:

Works awesome. Cheap, and solid quality.
That looks like a nice setup for sure. When the little guy gets bigger and we hopefully get more active, I may look at upgrading to the type you've got and putting rails on it for bikes. For now, I went with this one:

Today's the first day with it one the truck, so I may have to adjust it some over the next few days, but it's solid quality and seems to have sealed really nice. Install was super easy and took like all of 15 minutes.
Oh, nice. I had a folding on my Silverado and it was really handy being able to remove it entirely quickly. I went with the soft rolling this go round so I could fit the rack...but the mounting rails are fixed to the truck so it can't be removed entirely. It does roll up more compact than the folding would fold, doe.

It doesn't seal as well...but I think it's because I bought a cheap one. I probably would have popped for a Truxedo Pro X15 if it was out at the time I bought mine.

In4reviews.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:55 am
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:48 am

Oh, nice. I had a folding on my Silverado and it was really handy being able to remove it entirely quickly. I went with the soft rolling this go round so I could fit the rack...but the mounting rails are fixed to the truck so it can't be removed entirely. It does roll up more compact than the folding would fold, doe.

It doesn't seal as well...but I think it's because I bought a cheap one. I probably would have popped for a Truxedo Pro X15 if it was out at the time I bought mine.

In4reviews.
Yea, if I'd had the money, I would love to have the BackFlip one, but it's out of my budget with a little one now. This one has a lot of good reviews, is one of the better known companies and has really good quality. I also got it cheaper than that price cause it was on-sale for end of the year, and couldn't pass it up. Being able to throw his stroller in the bed now and actually be able to take the truck places where we'll need it instead of taking two cars sometimes is gonna be huge. And I'll post more impressions later. We're gonna get rain/ice/snow most of the day and into tomorrow, so it'll be a good test of it
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:14 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:06 am

Even if it :triggered: s you, you have to admit that its kinda funny that you bought a truck and still had to get a roof rack like device anyway, right?
While I guess the irony is funny, I honestly think it's better. I already had the roof rack from my various cars, so I just had to get the side rails for the bed to accommodate.

The roof rack type device is way more useful on a truck bed than a car roof. It's easier to access to load things on and off. It gives me a ton of space underneath to store stuff so I can take WAY more in my truck than any SUV/car...which is handy for all the camping we do. All the camping gear can fill the bed with the bikes ZFG on top...and the inside of the truck is still completely open for us and :doge:
:truk: :truk: :truk: :truk: :truk: :truk: :truk: :truk: :truk:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I still want a previous gen Raptor, extended cab-short bed. It has actual rear seats so the extended cab will work. And it's ridiculous, but they're still upper-20's to low-30's around here. :disappoint:
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:02 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:14 am
While I guess the irony is funny, I honestly think it's better. I already had the roof rack from my various cars, so I just had to get the side rails for the bed to accommodate.

The roof rack type device is way more useful on a truck bed than a car roof. It's easier to access to load things on and off. It gives me a ton of space underneath to store stuff so I can take WAY more in my truck than any SUV/car...which is handy for all the camping we do. All the camping gear can fill the bed with the bikes ZFG on top...and the inside of the truck is still completely open for us and :doge:
Should I start shitting all over the motorbike thread?
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:07 am I still want a previous gen Raptor, extended cab-short bed. It has actual rear seats so the extended cab will work. And it's ridiculous, but they're still upper-20's to low-30's around here. :disappoint:
:notsure:

Cool truck, doe.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:46 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:43 am I don't really get it either. But that's none of my business. If you're happy with it that's what matters.
Then :gtfo: of the :truk: thread? Beds and their utility are a big part of :truk:

I've owned multiple trucks before. I've gone camping with bikes and beds fully loaded. I don't see the need to have the bike mounted on top of the bed? I'd rather just put the bike in the bed with a simple locking fork mount, that way you can drive into parking garages or low clearance areas or whatever without issue. I get the complication if you want a locking bed cap thing and want to be able to lock your stuff up with the bike on top... but isn't that what an SUV offers?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:11 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:02 am

this is DFD, you can :poop: anywhere you'd like.

BTW hows the Volt?
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:07 am I still want a previous gen Raptor, extended cab-short bed. It has actual rear seats so the extended cab will work. And it's ridiculous, but they're still upper-20's to low-30's around here. :disappoint:
Yep. If 6'2" me can fit comfortably in the back of the extended cab then there's zero need for the crew.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:12 am

Cool truck, doe.
They are far more of a rear seat than what's in the extended cab mid-sizers. Looks like enough room for :baby: and :doge:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:16 am

Cool truck, doe.
They are far more of a rear seat than what's in the extended cab mid-sizers. Looks like enough room for :baby: and :doge:
Its plenty for that
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:14 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:46 am

I've owned multiple trucks before. I've gone camping with bikes and beds fully loaded. I don't see the need to have the bike mounted on top of the bed? I'd rather just put the bike in the bed with a simple locking fork mount, that way you can drive into parking garages or low clearance areas or whatever without issue. I get the complication if you want a locking bed cap thing and want to be able to lock your stuff up with the bike on top... but isn't that what an SUV offers?
Because where we camp, it can rain at a moment's notice. It's nice to have the camping gear covered in case it does rain (I don't want to sleep in a wet sleeping bag)...but it's also nice to have the truck bed to put dirty/buggy firewood, muddy tarps, etc in. Can't cover the bed with a bike back there. But that's what this allows.

The bike on the rack on my bed is lower than it would be on a car roof, so it's actually slightly more useful than putting it on the car. If I want to drive into a parking garage, I can just throw the bike in the bed under the cover (also not doable with many cars), but that's rare.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:14 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:11 am

BTW hows the Volt?
Love the Volt. Which is also a POS according to DFD.
ChrisoftheNorth

Cool truck, doe.
Oh, interesting. I found plenty of space in my extended Silverado, but that seemed to be bigger than the old F-150. I know the new F-150 ext F-150 is pretty solid.

Definitely more space than a midsizer. Might as well be a reg cab.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:26 am

Oh, interesting. I found plenty of space in my extended Silverado, but that seemed to be bigger than the old F-150. I know the new F-150 ext F-150 is pretty solid.

:dat:
Lately the full-size ext cab's have good space. fled mentioned a babyseat would fit no problem in the back seat of his ext Silverado. The midsizers are basically just cargo space, can't put anything living back there.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:25 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:14 am

BTW hows the Volt?
not me, id thug a volt.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:30 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:26 am

Lately the full-size ext cab's have good space. fled mentioned a babyseat would fit no problem in the back seat of his ext Silverado. The midsizers are basically just cargo space, can't put anything living back there.
I took 4 adults in mine on a regular basis. The Silverado ext cab is legit.

Not sure on the Ferd, doe.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:21 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:14 am

Because where we camp, it can rain at a moment's notice. It's nice to have the camping gear covered in case it does rain (I don't want to sleep in a wet sleeping bag)...but it's also nice to have the truck bed to put dirty/buggy firewood, muddy tarps, etc in. Can't cover the bed with a bike back there. But that's what this allows.

The bike on the rack on my bed is lower than it would be on a car roof, so it's actually slightly more useful than putting it on the car. If I want to drive into a parking garage, I can just throw the bike in the bed under the cover (also not doable with many cars), but that's rare.
Ah, rain protection. We didn't have that problem in Texas lol. Makes cents. Yeah dude if it works for you then it's good.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:43 am
Apex wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:30 am

Yeah, midsize extended cab is just storage, which pisses me off because they have the :wasteful: cargo boxes on the floor instead of a flat floor when you fold the seats up.
I really don't understand why they have those. The rear "seats" of an extended cab are backpack holders, or :doge: perches. Flip the seats up and you can carry a flat screen tv or other fragile large items. Can't do that in the Canyonero for reasons apparently. IIRC the new Taco is the same way.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:37 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:25 am
not me, id thug a volt.
I like your Volt, too :iono:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

over bed rack master race
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

For y’all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk