Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Melon wrote:I just realized who "infamous" was

:lolgasm:
Do you even DFD bro?

This is an @Dgriff original.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: It's not too big. You get used to it.
Imageol:
Her entire parking garage is those compact car spots. The truck physically will not fit. In this case, she cannot get used to it.
She just can't drive. There is NO downside to a massive truck. You get used to it.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote:
Detroit wrote: Imageol:
Her entire parking garage is those compact car spots. The truck physically will not fit. In this case, she cannot get used to it.
She just can't drive. There is NO downside to a massive truck. You get used to it.
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

Detroit wrote:
Acid666 wrote:I have zero regrets with my '05 Silverado. Then again I got it for 3K in pretty awesome shape from a retarded friend who doesn't know how to negotiate or learn how to wheel and deal.
I could never go with anything smaller than a crew cab for a full sized truck. Not for the people space, but for the fact that I can store so much shit in the back cab and have it shielded from the weather. I've got a decent bed cover that I bought for the truck for $289 shipped, but it's not really sealed. I can haul band gear for gigs and shit back there, but on the off chance we run through some rain it's nice to have the back cab. And when I pull the rear seat out it's space galore.
My double cab is pretty near what your crew cab is. It's huge inside.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Are we talking the small door ones? I forget what the cab configs are called.

If so, that is what my Silverado was. And it was tiny inside. Barely any leg room for even my kids and they had to sit straight up. No recline at all.
*reserved for no content*
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I still do not understand the love of small trucks here. Go big or go home. Only 1 full size has been posted in here this far. When I find a pic of mine it'll make two.

:mindblown:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

NEEK wrote:
Detroit wrote: My double cab is pretty near what your crew cab is. It's huge inside.

Are we talking the small door ones? I forget what the cab configs are called.

If so, that is what my Silverado was. And it was tiny inside. Barely any leg room for even my kids and they had to sit straight up. No recline at all.

No, Crew Cab is usually the biggest. It's a full sized rear door.
Extended cab is just a deeper cab with either no rear doors or suicide doors.
Quad cab is usually rear doors with handles but less room.
Crew cab is probably an extra 8-12" of depth and I don't think I'd ever buy another truck without that space. It's kind of like a suburban with no 3rd row seat and a bed. But the crew cabs usually have the shorter beds. For me that's fine. I haul but it's really not that much.
http://www.du-ha.com/download_files/cre ... styles.pdf

When I was looking for a truck for the house I almost got one of those Fords with those LONGGGGG ass beds because if I was gonna get a truck, why not be able to haul the most shit possible. But the weak ass 4.8L or whatever was in it made me gag. Then my friend came along with his for sale so I jumped on it.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

#companytruck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

4zilch wrote:Image

#companytruck

like pools and boats, the best truck belongs to someone you know

:trollface:
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
4zilch wrote:Image

#companytruck

Better to have a neighbor with a truck, boat, pool, cabin in the woods, etc.

Though I do want a hot tub. Next house will have that and a big ass garage.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt ... p?id=32146

Guy bought a busted hot tub and used some skillz to make it work without a 220 drop :D
brain go brrrrrr
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

NEEK wrote:I still do not understand the love of small trucks here. Go big or go home. Only 1 full size has been posted in here this far. When I find a pic of mine it'll make two.

I love my MS truck because it's damn near perfect. It's the right size for the areas I drive, and even then it's really to big honestly. The only thing that I wish was different was a bigger motor. A FS truck is just too big for my needs at this time, and the MS truck does everything I need and will need for sometime without any issues at all. Eventually, I want a FS truck, but have no need for one for the foreseeable future right now. There's a truck for every need, and it seems that most of us really only need a MS truck at this time.
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
troyguitar wrote: :dat:

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt ... p?id=32146

Guy bought a busted hot tub and used some skillz to make it work without a 220 drop :D
My issue besides money is space. I want it to be indoors for NFG year round use.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

NEEK wrote:I still do not understand the love of small trucks here. Go big or go home. Only 1 full size has been posted in here this far. When I find a pic of mine it'll make two.

I've had S10s before, great little trucks for doing shit, but hauling? LOL. I had friends say "Oh you've got a truck, can you help me move my computer desk and shit?"
Get said desk in, it's tilted at an angle and the wheel wells sticking up completely eliminate all chance of throwing anything significantly sized back there. Useless unless you're hauling dinky shit in the back.

When we were looking for a truck for the house, my fiance kept linking me to dumb shit like step sides. I kept LOLing

The issue with the truck that I've got (1500 Silverado) is that it's got 3.23 gears in the rear. Great for highway, but trash for the city and hauling. I considered throwing a few parts at it like intake and shit, but when I'm bottle necked with 3.23 rears, nothing is going to make this truck fun. And then I got it for $3K, so should I spend 1K to regear it? Which means I'd have to replace the G80 posi in the back (200K miles, it'll need to go eventually)... So I'd be spending 50% of what a truck is worth just on rebuilding the rear. Not worth it for me.
Last edited by Acid666 on Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:

I don't need to haul a trailer - just some occasional bulky cargo, a :doge:, and bikes. And car wheels and tires.

No need whatsoever for a fullsize or HD truck.
I could actually use a base 2wd v6 full size, but only because they're so fucking cheap. In theory I'd rather have a small cargo van like the promaster city but those cost WAY more than a pickup. (Ownership cost, not just MSRP)
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote:

I don't need to haul a trailer - just some occasional bulky cargo, a :doge:, and bikes. And car wheels and tires.

No need whatsoever for a fullsize or HD truck.
What's the tow rating on the Bro-Forks?

Apex

[user not found] wrote:
Apex wrote: What's the tow rating on the Bro-Forks?

Enough to tow a R53 places.

6500 lbs.
Or R56... perfect.

ChrisoftheNorth

The new GM extended cab (2014+ double cab) has full rear doors and a surprising amount of space inside. The Volt has less rear space than my truck.

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Yep that's my contractor buddy was saying also. He ain't got time to dick around with a teeny truck. :pussy:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote:The new GM extended cab (2014+ double cab) has full rear doors and a surprising amount of space inside. The Volt has less rear space than my truck.

:bruh:

Did you not hear :neek: say that it was cramped?
Detroit wrote:But you get used to it.
:rolleyes:
I live with the thing every day and find the space ample. We regularly take 4 people in it and people in the back claim it's fine. We've even had 6 people in it before, and while cramped worked out.

Apex

[user not found] wrote:
Apex wrote:
Or R56... perfect.

Where are you going with this? :notsure:
Seeing if a Bro-Forks or similar would be a suitable addition to my fleet. Not asking you to tow the pumpkin around anywhere.

NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Apex wrote:
Seeing if a Bro-Forks or similar would be a suitable addition to my fleet. Not asking you to tow the pumpkin around anywhere.

Honestly, I love this truck.

I was thinking about it this morning as I drove to work. The :manuel: makes it surprisingly fun - if you ever wanna take it for a spin lemme know.
Getting sideways in an intersection in the F250 was pretty fun. Thing is a beast when tuned.
Apex

[user not found] wrote:
Apex wrote:

Honestly, I love this truck.

I was thinking about it this morning as I drove to work. The :manuel: makes it surprisingly fun - if you ever wanna take it for a spin lemme know.
Thanks, I'll have to take you up on that when I'm in the market!

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:notsure:Image

As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: All the E46 M3s

4zilch wrote::notsure:Image

Like.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
4zilch wrote::notsure:Image

:dong: :jalepenis: :dedong:

:lolol:
:bravo: :lolol: