Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:06 pm
No, those mats suck...I'm talking these:

https://accessories.gmc.com/product/201 ... ryId=98075

We specifically designed them to be better than WT in every way. I personally think they're fantastic and make the WT ones feel like cheap :poop:
$100 for rubber mats... dang...
WeatherTech charges $100 for plastic ones. :disgust:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:18 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:06 pm No, those mats suck...I'm talking these:

https://accessories.gmc.com/product/201 ... ryId=98075

We specifically designed them to be better than WT in every way. I personally think they're fantastic and make the WT ones feel like cheap :poop:
Fucking GMC's website doesn't show those!
I've been bamboozled!
:rolleyes:. I've been battling with them on this trying to get all my accessories to show up. Do you happen to remember what site? gmc.com/accessories lists them.
Last edited by ChrisoftheNorth on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

I've been bamboozled!
:rolleyes: I've been battling with them on this trying to get all my accessories to show up. Do you happen to remember what site? gmc.com/accessories lists them.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:22 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:06 pm How much is that badge really worth? You're going to spend a fortune painting parts body color...
I'm pseudo raging, it's not my first choice, but it doesn't bother me that much.
I'm going to spend a lot of time typing and talking about it, and ultimately do a leveling kit, throw the All Terrain wheels on with some meaty tires and call it a day.
I still like the look of the truck more, and I like the upscale interior more, the Canyon had the better colors (SLT vs. Z71)
The ZR2 had the best looking interior for the Colorado, and it's the same spec I got on my truck.

Paying $9,000 more for chrome delete, 4WD features I would only use once to say I did it ain't mah cup o tea.
You got a top tier truk, I just got a barely fancier base model.
Oh, I misunderstood...the Z71 was $9k MORE? :nope:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:04 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:22 pm

I'm pseudo raging, it's not my first choice, but it doesn't bother me that much.
I'm going to spend a lot of time typing and talking about it, and ultimately do a leveling kit, throw the All Terrain wheels on with some meaty tires and call it a day.
I still like the look of the truck more, and I like the upscale interior more, the Canyon had the better colors (SLT vs. Z71)
The ZR2 had the best looking interior for the Colorado, and it's the same spec I got on my truck.

Paying $9,000 more for chrome delete, 4WD features I would only use once to say I did it ain't mah cup o tea.
You got a top tier truk, I just got a barely fancier base model.
I'm talking about the truck I bought vs. yours.
I really wanted the All Terrain, which had the features I wanted, was 4WD, but w/e and had the painted body trim and nice interior, it wasn't available.
So, I cross shopped between the Z71 Colorado, and SLT Canyon, not really apples to apples, but that's where I was.
Canyon was more, but I like the look of the truck more, and the interior was nicer. Price was within $1,500.00 for a 2018.
I could have probably gotten more off if I went with a LB 2017, but I'm getting what I really want, something to be said for that.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:02 pm

I've been bamboozled!
:rolleyes: I've been battling with them on this trying to get all my accessories to show up. Do you happen to remember what site? gmc.com/accessories lists them.
On GMC.com, it lists the ones I posted earlier under interior accessories.
Also, those were the same ones I saw in a truck at the :dill: ership, so I assumed that was all GM had to offer. :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:06 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:04 pm
I'm talking about the truck I bought vs. yours.
I really wanted the All Terrain, which had the features I wanted, was 4WD, but w/e and had the painted body trim and nice interior, it wasn't available.
So, I cross shopped between the Z71 Colorado, and SLt Canyon, not really apples to apples, but that's where I was.
Oh mine? Yea, that's a waste for you.

But a 2WD Z71 Colorado (yes, it exists) is probably pretty close to your spec. The black leather interior (same as in the ZR2 and LT Plus) will be available in Z71's soon, which would help the interior bit.

But if you like the way the GMC looks better and the chrome is :aintcare: then you do you.
ChrisoftheNorth

Actually, just checked. The ZR2 interior is available in the Z71 now.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:09 pm But if you like the way the GMC looks better and the chrome is :aintcare: then you do you.
I have, I will and I shall.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:12 pm Actually, just checked. The ZR2 interior is available in the Z71 now.
Well let me just go cancel my order.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:12 pm Actually, just checked. The ZR2 interior is available in the Z71 now.
:lolol:

Check it out:

http://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/client/ ... ado/config
ChrisoftheNorth

Crew cab, 2WD, Z71, Kinetic Blue, Black Leather, Tow package, trailer brake controller, and Bloze sound system is just a hair over $35k MSRP.
ChrisoftheNorth

Pro tip...can also order floor liners with the truck and wrap into financing.

:mindblown: :math: :dillerman:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:16 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Check it out:

It's $1,200 less, nearly equally equipped. How could I have been so stupid?

I should totally get the one I like less, BRB, calling the :dillerman:
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:16 pm :lolol:

Check it out:

It's $1,200 less, nearly equally equipped. How could I have been so stupid?

I should totally get the one I like less, BRB, calling the :dillerman:
:lolgasm:

Just sayin...if you're going to go full :troywax: on de-chroming, it's worth considering at least.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Too late, signed the paperwork on an F-150. Ultra-Ranch Chrome Texas Long Horn Huge Nuts Lariat Platinum.
I made sure to get the OEM floormats this time.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Melon wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:31 pm Too late, signed the paperwork on an F-150. Ultra-Ranch Chrome Texas Long Horn Huge Nuts Lariat Platinum.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Sersiously doe, fucking :dillerman: needs to let a brother know about some accessories.
Website is full of :derp: right now anyway, can't configure an All Terrain.
So, I guess it's in the works :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:33 pm Sersiously doe, fucking :dillerman: needs to let a brother know about some accessories.
Website is full of :derp: right now anyway, can't configure an All Terrain.
So, I guess it's in the works :iono:
We're always trying to get :dillerman: into moving accessories, but they just don't care. There's not enough in it for them.

All GM websites are in the midst of a redesign. Unfortunately, the Canyon site seems to be even more of a mess, especially when it comes to the All Terrain. They're still figuring stuff out with it I think. I don't quite get it.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:32 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:31 pm Too late, signed the paperwork on an F-150. Ultra-Ranch Chrome Texas Long Horn Huge Nuts Lariat Platinum.
:dat: :disgust:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

As I mentioned before, I bought the truck I wanted, which is clearly the wrong decision.

But, I also bought some wheels from a different model, the All Terrain, and now I'm posed with a question, which tires should I get.

OEM has 4 star reviews
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.js ... nded%20Cab

Firestone has bette reviews, but it's $22 more per tar.

I'm looking for something with decent road manners, and a meaty look.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Melon wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:38 pm As I mentioned before, I bought the truck I wanted, which is clearly the wrong decision.

But, I also bought some wheels from a different model, the All Terrain, and now I'm posed with a question, which tires should I get.

OEM has 4 star reviews

Seems like a lot of the guys on the forum are making the jump to these new Falken's:

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy- ... 3w/p/26511

My boss just put a set on his F150 and loves them. He says they've got good road manners still, but give him that aggressive look he wanted, as well as the off-road capability for when it's needed. Might be worth looking into for you. These are probably what I'm gonna switch to when the stockers need replaced on mine.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Devilchrono wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:51 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:38 pm As I mentioned before, I bought the truck I wanted, which is clearly the wrong decision.

OEM has 4 star reviews

Seems like a lot of the guys on the forum are making the jump to these new Falken's:

My boss just put a set on his F150 and loves them. He says they've got good road manners still, but give him that aggressive look he wanted, as well as the off-road capability for when it's needed. Might be worth looking into for you. These are probably what I'm gonna switch to when the stockers need replaced on mine.
:yesth: :jesus:

I have Falkens on the Dakota right now, and they're nice, good wet grip, quiet, and aggressive look.
These are also pretty cheap too.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Melon wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:59 pm

I have Falkens on the Dakota right now, and they're nice, good wet grip, quiet, and aggressive look.
I've heard a lot of good about these particular tires, which is why I'm keeping them in mind as replacements. It's also nice that my boss put them on his truck, as I'll be able to pick his brain about them when that time comes.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Melon wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:59 pm

I have direct experience with 4 sets of the Wildpeak's. 5/7 tire, will buy again. Actually probably going to put a set on wifey's Grand Cherokee this winter/spring.

[user not found]'s Hankook's are in the same ballpark too.