Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:22 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:21 pm

The 2.0T is same the 2.5 hybrid is 40/30
Ah. :word:
Yea the Maverick falls apart imo competitively in the higher trims but the low trims in fwd provide it with insane class leading advantages
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Interesting.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:16 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:09 pm
No, it clearly wasn't and that's fine for that it is. It's what the Ranger is for and it's how Ford is differentiating between the two.

I'm really curious about the new Ranger. The midsize truck segment is going to be :popcorn: in 2 years.

All-new:
Tacoma
Colorado/Canyon
Ranger

One of them will be my next vehicle.
I’m very curious about the taco. Rumors say toyota will switch everything to the new tundra platform which is frigging epic !

And other than being too big would be my next vehicle. 22 tundra fixed everything wrong with the 07 model that they sold through 21 :disgust:

I don’t think I’m holding my breath on gm there have been weird issues with their products, fked torque converters and those valve train issues on the v6 right ?

Yoda forums say the taco won’t get here till 26 but other publications say 24 … who knows with “cOvid” delays
Everything I had access to before I left at the end of 2020 had new Taco coming as a MY24 in mid 2023, with a turbo 4 and some form of V6/hybrid option.

So far this year, Corolla Cross launched on time, while Tundra and GR86 are 2-3 months behind schedule (the first BRZ’s are stateside this month and the 86 has slipped to late November). GR Corolla was supposed to be announced/previewed in September for December full reveal and late Q1 availability but now may be pushed back to summer 2022… but it’s still coming.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:30 pm Also to bring up an interesting topic here.

The ford Maverick seems to be a bit of game changer... while it has a fairly small bed at only 4.5" it is in fact quite usable as a "city" truck. Most don't need 4wd and FWD is preferable to RWD in almost all application when it comes to a "truck". That said the MPGs are impressive for that tiny Hybrid and you're no longer required to get an archaic powertrain elsewhere that gets 20mpg... and you can essentially get close to 40!!

It has a quirky and decent interior and its quite practical... The pricing is EPIC at 20k and 25-27 for a pretty loaded FWD model.

now all of the advantages fall apart when you opt for AWD+ the 2.0T which makes it completely useless IMO as it brings it over 30k. But the base FWD model is GREAT!

What do ya'll think.
Time will tell but from what I see on paper, I agree, total game changer. The price/efficiency/utility are unmatched.

I think the Santa Cruz looks sort of decent but I think the Maverick will be more successful because it looks a lot more like a :truk: which Americans will be :truckyeah: about. The SC looks a lot like a Baja, which is cool but sold like garbage as far as I know.

Hell, if they made a :manuel: hybrid Maverick with :manuel: windows and shit I would rock that as a DD all day long if I had the inclination to have a sports car on the side. It is the vehicle 90% of :truk: buyers need, and I think the looks, price and efficiency would push people over the edge a lot more than something like the Ridgeline ever has. FWIW I like the Ridgeline, but I get why people just go buy an F150 when it's the same price and MPG.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:21 am
max225 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:30 pm Also to bring up an interesting topic here.

The ford Maverick seems to be a bit of game changer... while it has a fairly small bed at only 4.5" it is in fact quite usable as a "city" truck. Most don't need 4wd and FWD is preferable to RWD in almost all application when it comes to a "truck". That said the MPGs are impressive for that tiny Hybrid and you're no longer required to get an archaic powertrain elsewhere that gets 20mpg... and you can essentially get close to 40!!

It has a quirky and decent interior and its quite practical... The pricing is EPIC at 20k and 25-27 for a pretty loaded FWD model.

now all of the advantages fall apart when you opt for AWD+ the 2.0T which makes it completely useless IMO as it brings it over 30k. But the base FWD model is GREAT!

What do ya'll think.
Time will tell but from what I see on paper, I agree, total game changer. The price/efficiency/utility are unmatched.

I think the Santa Cruz looks sort of decent but I think the Maverick will be more successful because it looks a lot more like a :truk: which Americans will be :truckyeah: about. The SC looks a lot like a Baja, which is cool but sold like garbage as far as I know.

Hell, if they made a :manuel: hybrid Maverick with :manuel: windows and shit I would rock that as a DD all day long if I had the inclination to have a sports car on the side. It is the vehicle 90% of :truk: buyers need, and I think the looks, price and efficiency would push people over the edge a lot more than something like the Ridgeline ever has. FWIW I like the Ridgeline, but I get why people just go buy an F150 when it's the same price and MPG.
To be fair I have done a bit of research around the MPG issue and somehow the OEMs are pretty much all lying on what full sizers get. A ridgeline will likely get high 20s but a full sizer is lucky to crack 20, even in "hybrid" form. They are enormous beasts. Also F150s top out at like 80/90k and ridge lines barely crack 40. The game has changed over the last year IMO.

Yesterday I saw my first $6 gas btw.. :thisisfine:
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:55 am

:yikes:

87 is now up to $3.55 around me. Add $.70-$.80 to that for 93.
max225

wap wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:05 pm

It was $5.49 for donkey piss and 5.95 for "premium" donkey piss. Pretty insane.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

To be fair I have done a bit of research around the MPG issue and somehow the OEMs are pretty much all lying on what full sizers get. A ridgeline will likely get high 20s but a full sizer is lucky to crack 20, even in "hybrid" form. They are enormous beasts. Also F150s top out at like 80/90k and ridge lines barely crack 40. The game has changed over the last year IMO.

My 2016 Silverado with the 4.3 routinely managed low to mid 20's on the highway. That thing was a freak.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:42 pm
wap wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:05 pm

What's insane is how :aintcare: everyone seems to be about it. Massive gas guzzling vehicles still sell instantly at or above MSRP.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

What do ya'll think.

The sad thing is that the Baja was just ahead of its time. If Subie made the Baja today, I bet it would fair much, much better.

Actually, while up in the Vineyard, I saw four Bajas, which is more Bajas than I have seen in probably the last 5-10 years.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:20 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:42 pm

What's insane is how :aintcare: everyone seems to be about it. Massive gas guzzling vehicles still sell instantly at or above MSRP.
I really don't get it. Is gas being bought on stretch-pay loans nowadays, too?
max225

My 2016 Silverado with the 4.3 routinely managed low to mid 20's on the highway. That thing was a freak.
That's nuts to me... I mean my taco barely cracks 20... But i think there are also tons of variables as far that is concerned. A lot of people do drive 55-65... that's not possible here.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:29 pm
Money is apparently infinite forever. I can't at all understand what's going on lately.
max225

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:29 pm
I am :notsure: because it seems like a new truck buyer needs to have substantial income to get into a 70-110k rig. At which point obviously $5 or $10 gas is fairly non important.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:27 pm

The sad thing is that the Baja was just ahead of its time. If Subie made the Baja today, I bet it would fair much, much better.

Actually, while up in the Vineyard, I saw four Bajas, which is more Bajas than I have seen in probably the last 5-10 years.
:dat: for sure. I also see them around here every now and then. Also saw a few on my road trip out west back in June.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:33 pm
That's nuts to me... I mean my taco barely cracks 20... But i think there are also tons of variables as far that is concerned. A lot of people do drive 55-65... that's not possible here.
Well, mine was just a standard LT Silverado. No off-road pack or anything. The front air damn nearly touched the ground, that thing had excellent aero. Aero is the biggest issue with trucks. Off-road version like your TuRD Bro, ZR2, Rubicon, etc are all terrible. I didn't baby the truck at all, and would do 75-80 on the highway everywhere.

I remember going from my Silverado that routinely did low to mid 20's to my Colorado that couldn't crack 18 no matter what I did. Smaller/lighter truck, but the aero and tires is what matters I think.

My Rubicon JT wouldn't crack 18 either, but Sports and Overlands can get into the 20's without much effort.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:35 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:27 pm

:dat: for sure. I also see them around here every now and then. Also saw a few on my road trip out west back in June.
I love them. I found a :manuel: Turbro at a dealer 100 miles from me a while back, wanted :fullretard: pricing for it, otherwise I would have bought it as a second vehicle. Doesn't fit my needs, but it's cool as hell.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:36 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:33 pm

Well, mine was just a standard LT Silverado. No off-road pack or anything. The front air damn nearly touched the ground, that thing had excellent aero. Aero is the biggest issue with trucks. Off-road version like your TuRD Bro, ZR2, Rubicon, etc are all terrible. I didn't baby the truck at all, and would do 75-80 on the highway everywhere.

I remember going from my Silverado that routinely did low to mid 20's to my Colorado that couldn't crack 18 no matter what I did. Smaller/lighter truck, but the aero and tires is what matters I think.

My Rubicon JT wouldn't crack 18 either, but Sports and Overlands can get into the 20's without much effort.
Tires do cause a big difference. Which is why I am keeping my bitch specs on. Even though they are somewhere in between Mall tires and K02s. There is a substantial penalty in going to K02, they are about 5-10lbs heavier PER TIRE and they rob about 2-3mpg. :lol: without going up in size.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:37 pm

I love them. I found a :manuel: Turbro at a dealer 100 miles from me a while back, wanted :fullretard: pricing for it, otherwise I would have bought it as a second vehicle. Doesn't fit my needs, but it's cool as hell.
Don't forget they all have the lovely headgasket service interval of 70-110k miles. :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:36 pm

Tires do cause a big difference. Which is why I am keeping my bitch specs on. Even though they are somewhere in between Mall tires and K02s. There is a substantial penalty in going to K02, they are about 5-10lbs heavier PER TIRE and they rob about 2-3mpg. :lol: without going up in size.
Yep, aero and tires. Which means the most efficient trucks look the most :flaccid:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:40 pm
Don't forget they all have the lovely headgasket service interval of 70-110k miles. :disgust:
Yea, which means for me to be interested in one, the price would need to be in the $5k range. Rust free ones with :manuel: and Turbro don't even start under $10k regardless of condition. They're not great cars overall, just a novelty, thus not at all worth it IMO.
wap

That would've been fun. :(
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

They are neat but pretty sure they're worth full original MSRP under any circumstance, which is a no from me, :doge:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:notwrong:

I guess I should've said that you can get into a bitch spec F150 for Ridgeline money and most people seem to prefer that.

I am continually :mindblown: at the number of people rolling around in $80K :truk: here... it is insane.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:15 pm

:notwrong:

I guess I should've said that you can get into a bitch spec F150 for Ridgeline money and most people seem to prefer that.

I am continually :mindblown: at the number of people rolling around in $80K :truk: here... it is insane.
A lot of these trucks are leases, which is how people afford them. But I suspect that in 3 ish years when these all come due, the :dill: s on :truk: will be pretty epic.