Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

:doge:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:42 am
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:57 pm First small look at the JL. Looks 90% like a JK. so much for :doomed:

I see they made the front longer....

Wrangler hellcat?
:fuckyeah: it looks 90% JK, 10% CJ to me :notbad:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Looks pretty promising, Might consider the diesel with manual, unless auto is no longer ancient.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:10 am Looks pretty promising, Might consider the diesel with manual, unless auto is no longer ancient.
They're putting in the eight speed, which should be :notbad:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SixSpeeder wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:31 am

:doge:
:impressive:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:41 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:10 am Looks pretty promising, Might consider the diesel with manual, unless auto is no longer ancient.
I'd expect 8 speed and some :jalepenis: turbo 4 cyl with option for the pentastar.

Really I'd give it 1-2 years to iron out the inevitable kinks. New FCA products have a pretty horrible track record for reliability until a few years into the product cycle.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:32 pm

I'd expect 8 speed and some :jalepenis: turbo 4 cyl with option for the pentastar.

Really I'd give it 1-2 years to iron out the inevitable kinks. New FCA products have a pretty horrible track record for reliability until a few years into the product cycle.
Pentastar had quite a few issues from 11-12 when they launched. Dem blown heads... this turbro should be interesting...but I wonder what the torque curve etc looks like for it.

I really want the new wranGAYler, but don't think it is in the cards with the first model year issues and the inevitable :derp: frenzy, low supply and mark-ups in the first year.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Yea, there's WAY too much new on that thing to trust it as a first MY. I'd wait till year 3 at earliest.

Will probably be a 5/7 vehicle, doe.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:46 pm Yea, there's WAY too much new on that thing to trust it as a first MY. I'd wait till year 3 at earliest.

A turbo engine would be great as long as they can make it reliable. Lots of torque down low is kind of what you want for offroading.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:48 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:46 pm Yea, there's WAY too much new on that thing to trust it as a first MY. I'd wait till year 3 at earliest.

A turbo engine would be great as long as they can make it reliable. Lots of torque down low is kind of what you want for offroading.
Yep. Reliability will be the biggest question, doe.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

That's what I hear, same trans as BMW's and probably newer FCA cars like Challengers/Chargers
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

They have done a 4 banger on some TJ models I think. 1.4t motor from the abarth like the renegade has, so probably that maybe the case, :iono: probably good for girls who never offroads or put skyjackers.
Johnny_P

I mean every manufacturer has kinks to work out on new cars. Even Subaru had issues with the current WRX for a year (paint scuffing on STI wings, engine mounts breaking, a couple spun STI bearings on early 2015s, etc). But recently it seems FCA likes to make its first customers into beta testers so yeah extend the buy ban a year.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:05 pm

They have done a 4 banger on some TJ models I think. 1.4t motor from the abarth like the renegade has, so probably that maybe the case, :iono: probably good for girls who never offroads or put skyjackers.
At some point, the displacement is just too small. :jalepenis:
Personally, anything under 2 liters is just a :disgust: no. A large brick shaped vehicle should have a :dedong: motor.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It's rumored to be a 2.0T, which does kinda make sense... I'd probably just get a poverty spec V6 though, by now that's gotta be a very reliable motor, which is what I want in a Jeep.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:12 pm

It's rumored to be a 2.0T, which does kinda make sense... I'd probably just get a poverty spec V6 though, by now that's gotta be a very reliable motor, which is what I want in a Jeep.
I think pentastar will be the most powerful one. Diesel probably torqier. The only problem of getting the diesel if it hits the scandal like VW did. One of my big intentions of getting a wrangler would be the resale value, also along with diesel is the fuel range as well. If that scandal happens, money goes down to drain.

edit: I think 2.0t would be kind of cool to jeep bros who lift them probably have a concept of modding an FI vs NA car as well, that may sound kinda cool, like tuning an ecoboost mustang to reach v8 numbers.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:23 pm

I think pentastar will be the most powerful one. Diesel probably torqier. The only problem of getting the diesel if it hits the scandal like VW did. One of my big intentions of getting a wrangler would be the resale value, also along with diesel is the fuel range as well. If that scandal happens, money goes down to drain.

edit: I think 2.0t would be kind of cool to jeep bros who lift them probably have a concept of modding an FI vs NA car as well, that may sound kinda cool, like tuning an ecoboost mustang to reach v8 numbers.
I wouldn't worry too much about resale values or a scandal... Jeep is as safe as it gets for resale and the VW scandal "victims" made a lot of :plac: profit.
max225

tuning a 2.0 to reach V8 numbers sounds like a flipping nightmare. :nope:
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:31 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about resale values or a scandal... Jeep is as safe as it gets for resale and the VW scandal "victims" made a lot of :plac: profit.
It seems like gas will never be expensive again because :derp: 's will purchase electric vehicles if that was to happen.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:33 pm

tuning a 2.0 to reach V8 numbers sounds like a flipping nightmare. :nope:
2.3 to be exact, I've checked mustang forums a lot from time to time when I had that GT phase, lot of ecoboost peoples goal is to be just as quick. Not to mention, 4 banger is roughly 200 ibs lighter than the coyote, and stage 2 or 3 maybe reaches to its torque figure. But nahhh, i'll get a real v8, slap on that exhaust and call it a day. v8 sounds >>>>> tuned ecoboom
max225

Ecoboom to 5.0 figures? I don't see it getting to 420hp without a bigger turbo period.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:41 pm Ecoboom to 5.0 figures? I don't see it getting to 420hp without a bigger turbo period.
Not peak hp, but 1/4-mile times and/or real world acceleration figures. Ecoballz cars are 200 or so lbs lighter and, with the Ford-warrantied CAI+tune pack, can make nearly as much power under the curve as the stock GT's.
The Ford Performance Mustang EcoBoost performance calibration kit for the 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine boosts peak torque 70 lb.-ft. for a total of 390 lb.-ft. of torque, along with a peak 25 horsepower gain for a total of 335 horsepower...

...“Ford Performance Parts is a key part of our product strategy,” said Doug White, Ford Performance Parts manager. “Mustang is all about performance, and we know our customers look to us for performance options that are both 50-state-compliant and warranty-friendly.”

Peak horsepower and torque increases with the EcoBoost calibration kit are substantial, but even more impressive are the gains throughout the powerband, including a whopping 100 horsepower increase at 6,000 rpm. The kit boasts an average gain of 40 horsepower and 60 lb.-ft. of torque from 2,500 rpm to 5,000 rpm, with even larger average gains of 75 horsepower and 64 lb.-ft. from 5,500 rpm to redline.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:50 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:41 pm Ecoboom to 5.0 figures? I don't see it getting to 420hp without a bigger turbo period.
Not peak hp, but 1/4-mile times and/or real world acceleration figures. Ecoballz cars are 200 or so lbs lighter and, with the Ford-warrantied CAI+tune pack, can make nearly as much power under the curve as the stock GT's.
The Ford Performance Mustang EcoBoost performance calibration kit for the 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine boosts peak torque 70 lb.-ft. for a total of 390 lb.-ft. of torque, along with a peak 25 horsepower gain for a total of 335 horsepower...

...“Ford Performance Parts is a key part of our product strategy,” said Doug White, Ford Performance Parts manager. “Mustang is all about performance, and we know our customers look to us for performance options that are both 50-state-compliant and warranty-friendly.”

Peak horsepower and torque increases with the EcoBoost calibration kit are substantial, but even more impressive are the gains throughout the powerband, including a whopping 100 horsepower increase at 6,000 rpm. The kit boasts an average gain of 40 horsepower and 60 lb.-ft. of torque from 2,500 rpm to 5,000 rpm, with even larger average gains of 75 horsepower and 64 lb.-ft. from 5,500 rpm to redline.
Can you still bolt on 20-30 HP with just an intake on the Coyote? Used to be the case back in 2012... Anyway, start modding the Coyote seriously and it's game over for the ecoballz.
SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:29 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:50 pm

Can you still bolt on 20-30 HP with just an intake on the Coyote? Used to be the case back in 2012... Anyway, start modding the Coyote seriously and it's game over for the ecoballz.
:wat:

I never heard dat, seriously? Or like fake news K&N magazine ad :poop: numbers?
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
max225

The diesel is stupid powerful, it effortlessly moves my buddys house errr crew cab 6.5 bed behemoth truck.

And he averages a whopping 22mpg. Which is super impressive, he averaged 20 in his G37.

OIl changes are super pricy doe... :unicorn: oil + 10 quarts + :unicorn: filter. dat italian motor