Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:33 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:30 pm

Sooooo, a car is supposed to be cheaper than a wedding? :notsure:
In that person's mind yes...
:rolleyes:
:gtfo: with that :fullretard: :troywax: wedding :poop:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:42 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:39 pm

Still, spend $100, get a t-shirt, and save up to $500? Seems worth it.
You :gay: 's
MSRP
Invoice
~47,000
~1% of 47k ~ $470
final price
~46,530
~$3,500 off MSRP for buying a $100 membershit to some scam site run by a bunch of mormons in Jewtah.
Can't afford not to buy it, Max
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:25 pm Told someone about the JLU and that it'll run around 50k. I got the
"that's more than a wedding" comment... : :gtfo: :hellno: :gag: :nuke: :nope: :ohslap: :rage: :slowclap: :stfu:

:(

Its true doe. :troywax:
It's the same price as a 36k mile Porsche 911 Turbo from 2001.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:25 pm Told someone about the JLU and that it'll run around 50k. I got the
"that's more than a wedding" comment... : :gtfo: :hellno: :gag: :nuke: :nope: :ohslap: :rage: :slowclap: :stfu:

:(

Its true doe. :troywax:
inb4 Sno comes in here and says that you "should always spend more on your wedding than your car" :disgust: .
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:11 am
dubshow wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:39 am Its like super legit snowing. The entire south is now closed.
pics

Dang it's like the airboaters forgot how to forum. Brad is lacking with the pics too :disappoint:
i had to work today. brb. going to phone to pictar.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Airboat country is closed. Got about 4-5". Some areas lost power. ImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

wap

dubshow wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:06 pm Airboat country is closed. Got about 4-5". Some areas lost power. ImageImageImage

:bruh:

That's barely a dusting. You can still see grass sticking up above the snow. :jalepenis:

Looks pretty, :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

That is a ton of snow for south Louisiana. That would be a pretty good amount here even.
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:31 pm That is a ton of snow for south Louisiana. That would be a pretty good amount here even.
Should be gone in the next 24 hours or so, :doe: , no?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:11 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:42 pm

You :gay: 's
MSRP
Invoice
~47,000
~1% of 47k ~ $470
final price
~46,530
~$3,500 off MSRP for buying a $100 membershit to some scam site run by a bunch of mormons in Jewtah.
:word: I was thinking you just get the the 1% of the invoice price and subtract that from MSRP. Sounds like a solid deal.
That's what I did with the Mudstain.

I joined the Mustang Club to get X-plan on the 2015 for $50 or some shit, then found out that the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) had a deal of X-plan + $750 off, so I joined them too and used the offer code to save a bunch of money on that pile of shit car. Saved my bacon when I traded it in 13 months later and would have taken a massive bath in :plac: profit.

Still, all the :dill: in the world couldn't save me from first year "quality" on that POS. That's why I recommend you wait a year, Max. Don't risk it with FCA. The only reason I got the JKU is finding body on frame real 4x4's that aren't huge is hard to do, and the JKU was well vetted and solid in 2015. I still feel that even though my selling dealer was cool (where you mentioned, in Morgan Hill), my service experiences have been lacking when compared to my experiences with Chevy dealers.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:36 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:11 pm

:word: I was thinking you just get the the 1% of the invoice price and subtract that from MSRP. Sounds like a solid deal.

I joined the Mustang Club to get X-plan on the 2015 for $50 or some shit, then found out that the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) had a deal of X-plan + $750 off, so I joined them too and used the offer code to save a bunch of money on that pile of shit car. Saved my bacon when I traded it in 13 months later and would have taken a massive bath in :plac: profit.

Still, all the :dill: in the world couldn't save me from first year "quality" on that POS. That's why I recommend you wait a year, Max. Don't risk it with FCA. The only reason I got the JKU is finding body on frame real 4x4's that aren't huge is hard to do, and the JKU was well vetted and solid in 2015. I still feel that even though my selling dealer was cool (where you mentioned, in Morgan Hill), my service experiences have been lacking when compared to my experiences with Chevy dealers.
It is a very good point... I may wait on the 2019 model year... but :wtf: am I going to drive from March>September. I guess crown vic it is... :disgust:
It is FCA first year... and 50 gs... I could get a CPO Macan for that money...
Last edited by max225 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:28 pm
dubshow wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:06 pm Airboat country is closed. Got about 4-5". Some areas lost power. ImageImageImage

That's barely a dusting. You can still see grass sticking up above the snow. :jalepenis:

calm down :wap:

that was at the first part of snow, peak was 5". you can come stick your pecker in it to verify. Im just surprised to see it stick around this long.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:38 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:36 pm

It is a very good point... I may wait on the 2019 model year... but :wtf: am I going to drive from March>September. I guess crown vic it is... :disgust:
Tough question is tough for guys like me that love to buy cars all the time.... I just can't see jumping into that one for a first year. Drive anything else, get something cheap used that you can resell in a year for close to the same money if you need to get something else.

I'm really trying to kill this habit I have of jumping into and out of vehicles, it is a major waste of money just on the sales taxes and registration alone.

At the least, wait and see how it goes for the early adopters and see about picking up a 2018 JL later in the cycle after people have had them and found issues.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:43 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:38 pm
Tough question is tough for guys like me that love to buy cars all the time.... I just can't see jumping into that one for a first year. Drive anything else, get something cheap used that you can resell in a year for close to the same money if you need to get something else.

I'm really trying to kill this habit I have of jumping into and out of vehicles, it is a major waste of money just on the sales taxes and registration alone.

At the least, wait and see how it goes for the early adopters and see about picking up a 2018 JL later in the cycle after people have had them and found issues.
Also, March - September is usually pretty good motorcycle weather out here.... you could buy a bike a lot cheaper than a car. :iono:
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:44 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:43 pm

Also, March - September is usually pretty good motorcycle weather out here.... you could buy a bike a lot cheaper than a car. :iono:
Considered it but :amir: + :derp: + Orientals = death
wap

dubshow wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:41 pm
wap wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:28 pm

calm down :wap:

that was at the first part of snow, peak was 5". you can come stick your pecker in it to verify. Im just surprised to see it stick around this long.
I am calm, :dubshow: Just :lolol: at that :flaccid: amount of snow.

Now, 5" is more legit and probably :doomed: for your part of the globe.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:49 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:44 pm

Yeah, that's why I quit riding when I lived in Shitta Clara... but I figured you might be Crazy Ivan enough to go for it. Expectation level: :disappoint:
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:05 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:49 pm

Yeah, that's why I quit riding when I lived in Shitta Clara... but I figured you might be Crazy Ivan enough to go for it. Expectation level: :disappoint:
I have :mahtroy: luck. If you haven't followed my other thread... I got rammed in the ass by a nigerian on 880 and the fuckers insurance is refusing to pay.. so I am out a deductible. Now if I was rolling on a bike... I may not see the light of day.
Johnny_P

Not a bad storm. 4" would shut the south down for sure. Roads are dangerous if you don't have any snow clearing equipment.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:37 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:05 pm

I have :mahtroy: luck. If you haven't followed my other thread... I got rammed in the ass by a nigerian on 880 and the fuckers insurance is refusing to pay.. so I am out a deductible. Now if I was rolling on a bike... I may not see the light of day.
Damn I thought you had got paid out for that.. that's shitty.
max225

Hope the jeep has studded snow tires anything less is a deathwish
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:46 pm Hope the jeep has studded snow tires anything less is a deathwish
:lolol: truth
max225

SAWCE wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:46 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:37 pm

My insurance did... but my deductible ... i still have to pay that.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:53 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:46 pm

Is your insurance going after them?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:02 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:53 pm

Is your insurance going after them?
Yea but they seem to be :aintcare: Told me it is in "arbitration" now and I have to wait 6+ months....