Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:45 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:43 pm

They are not. Driving in Germany is over-rated. Yes some roads are great and yes some highways have no limits. But cars are expensive as shit, maintaining a car is supremely expensive as well. You can't get anything worth while unless you're spending 6 figure euros. Speed cameras all over the place, red light cameras all over the place. :disgust: fines for fucking up. Mandatory safety regulations and inability to modify vehicles. All so much other BS.

America is still the best country on earth for driving period by a LANDSLIDE.
That's all true but if you can afford it Germany is pretty great for bombing back roads and going flat out on highways.
Not every highway is "limitless" and they have lowered the number of highways that allow it drastically. Also bombing down at 150mph is not safe or fun. It is entertaining once in a while but once you realize that 7 euro a gallon gets burned at 3mpg at that speed, your desire fades rather quickly. Also they have epic traffic jams as well.

You can do some epic backroad driving pretty much in every US state. I have some epic roads right in my back yard.
max225

. double post
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:52 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:45 pm

That's all true but if you can afford it Germany is pretty great for bombing back roads and going flat out on highways.
Not every highway is "limitless" and they have lowered the number of highways that allow it drastically. Also bombing down at 150mph is not safe or fun. It is entertaining once in a while but once you realize that 7 euro a gallon gets burned at 3mpg at that speed, your desire fades rather quickly. Also they have epic traffic jams as well.

You can do some epic backroad driving pretty much in every US state. I have some epic roads right in my back yard.
Got me I had plenty of fun in my rental over there. Plenty of unlimited speed sections and lots of very well kept mountain passes.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:39 pm

He lives in a land where public highways are basically top speed track runs sooooo
They are not. Driving in Germany is over-rated. Yes some roads are great and yes some highways have no limits. But cars are expensive as shit, maintaining a car is supremely expensive as well. You can't get anything worth while unless you're spending 6 figure euros. Speed cameras all over the place, red light cameras all over the place. :disgust: fines for fucking up. Mandatory safety regulations and inability to modify vehicles. All so much other BS.

I will address this point by point later. I did upload a link to an article written by a known Indy Car driver who was around Germany etc recently in a BMW M3 and he differs completely with you on this subject.

I will leave you with this - My small infractions of speeding, say 10+kmph over the limit when I forget that road has a cam cost me 15Euros and no points or lectures or increase in insurance. Your quite off the mark about driving here.

Think about the education differences and the multiple articles written by US journalists about the driving discipline evident here and the actual condition of the roads. Ask Detroit about his trip to this region last Xmas on road condition etc.
max225

Davestr wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:02 pm

I will address this point by point later. I did upload a link to an article written by a known Indy Car driver who was around Germany etc recently in a BMW M3 and he differs completely with you on this subject.

I will leave you with this - My small infractions of speeding, say 10+kmph over the limit when I forget that road has a cam cost me 15Euros and no points or lectures or increase in insurance. Your quite off the mark about driving here.

Think about the education differences and the multiple articles written by US journalists about the driving discipline evident here and the actual condition of the roads. Ask Detroit about his trip to this region last Xmas on road condition etc.
Click bait and spreading fake news about the USA. This is still the premier market for both cars and driving. But hey man that's my opinion. Some ppl love riding scooters in Vietnam.

let me know about what exactly I stated that is wrong. I am not talking a road trip to the Bavarian forest where no one lives or works. And no some retired ex indy driver bombing down in a 100k Euro M3 that no one on this forum can afford there

I am talking day to day stuff that most working people encounter etc. Almost every country has epic roads and scenic routes and well-paved sections that can be enjoyed.

My whole point is not to say that Germany is shit, it is just to point out how great it is in the USA.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:06 pm
Davestr wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:02 pm

Click bait and spreading fake news about the USA. This is still the premier market for both cars and driving. But hey man that's my opinion. Some ppl love riding scooters in Vietnam.
Drinking early? Click bait. No a rational and well written article by an expert driver and student of the art who loves the USA like you but has a rational and open mind doing a full and open comparison. I like driving in the US. I hate the lack of education about the technical aspects of driving and the silly enforcement mechanisms that exist.

Safety yes - mandatory winter tires. US = no. Im amazed insurance companies havent lobbied to make that part of life where is needs to be in US. Again lack of training and technical understanding that is rampant on the pot holes and rage filled roads in the US.

All cars get TUV every 3 years. Makes it nice to not see thousands of shite boxes running around with no bumpers, lights fkd etc like my last trip to Miami. Bottom line you want a car on the road - it should be road fkn worthy. Seriously that cannot be an issue with you. Going somewhat fast should require some capability to do so, so as not fk yourself up or others. Love it! Cars on the road that work. Shocking.

Oh yea - Here is something horrible - you have no winter tires and are in an accident....oh boy.....your insurance can be waived, ie, they dont pay cause your stupid to be on the road without the proper equipment. Im all for that! No Fault? Nope - your fault. You figure it the fk out LOL
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I LOVED driving in Germany. No asshats texting and not paying attention. Strict right lane rules. Strict adhesion to speed limits. It's great.

Here, there's some places you can do 10 over, 20 over, and others you get nabbed for doing 5. Germany, it's easy...speed limit is the limit, except when there isn't one. It's brilliant. Some people would do 10kph over, but that was the max. I talked to this German dude at a brewery in Munich about it, he was going on and on about how great it is that the cops aren't out to fill quotas and drive revenue for the .gov...rather to enforce actual safety concerns.

Driving in the US is getting terrible. It's just :nuke: at every turn between :millennial: texting, craters for roads, and cops looking to screw you to get more kickbacks to the :narc:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:07 pm I LOVED driving in Germany. No asshats texting and not paying attention. Strict right lane rules. Strict adhesion to speed limits. It's great.

Here, there's some places you can do 10 over, 20 over, and others you get nabbed for doing 5. Germany, it's easy...speed limit is the limit, except when there isn't one. It's brilliant. Some people would do 10kph over, but that was the max. I talked to this German dude at a brewery in Munich about it, he was going on and on about how great it is that the cops aren't out to fill quotas and drive revenue for the .gov...rather to enforce actual safety concerns.

Driving in the US is getting terrible. It's just :nuke: at every turn between :millennial: texting, craters for roads, and cops looking to screw you to get more kickbacks to the :narc:
Yea Germany is the promised land and the US is a shithole. Sorry guys, based on my experiences I love it here.

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So Dave is waxer elitist driving aristocracy piloting his dual M2 series unimpeded by peasants and Max is a man of the people as he dodges Abuelita at 100 mph in his M3 on the way to lake Tahoe with his AZN.

Yet BOTH are technically Dbag elitist Roundel Oberleutnants.

The social hierarchy and politics of this forum are challenging at times.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:42 pm So Dave is waxer elitist driving aristocracy piloting his dual M2 series unimpeded by peasants and Max is a man of the people as he dodges Abuelita at 100 mph in his M3 on the way to lake Tahoe with his AZN.

Well said.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:42 pm So Dave is waxer elitist driving aristocracy piloting his dual M2 series unimpeded by peasants and Max is a man of the people as he dodges Abuelita at 100 mph in his M3 on the way to lake Tahoe with his AZN.

Don't forget the brown thing lurking in your garage. :yikes:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Don't forget the brown thing lurking in your garage. :yikes:

I'm just this guy. The gf is the Geschwaderkommodore.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Looks like a ME-109 great plane!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:56 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:52 pm

Got me I had plenty of fun in my rental over there. Plenty of unlimited speed sections and lots of very well kept mountain passes.
:dat:
And people do mod there, too. Max gonna Max.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:11 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:56 pm

Forgive me for saying that America is the best country for driving and owning cars. :disappoint: I am willing to defend that statement.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:02 pm Looks like a ME-109 great plane!
Camo painted poo brown for low lying strikes on the Eastern front.
wap

Davestr wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:20 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:06 pm
Drinking early? Click bait. No a rational and well written article by an expert driver and student of the art who loves the USA like you but has a rational and open mind doing a full and open comparison. I like driving in the US. I hate the lack of education about the technical aspects of driving and the silly enforcement mechanisms that exist.

Safety yes - mandatory winter tires. US = no. Im amazed insurance companies havent lobbied to make that part of life where is needs to be in US. Again lack of training and technical understanding that is rampant on the pot holes and rage filled roads in the US.

All cars get TUV every 3 years. Makes it nice to not see thousands of shite boxes running around with no bumpers, lights fkd etc like my last trip to Miami. Bottom line you want a car on the road - it should be road fkn worthy. Seriously that cannot be an issue with you. Going somewhat fast should require some capability to do so, so as not fk yourself up or others. Love it! Cars on the road that work. Shocking.

Oh yea - Here is something horrible - you have no winter tires and are in an accident....oh boy.....your insurance can be waived, ie, they dont pay cause your stupid to be on the road without the proper equipment. Im all for that! No Fault? Nope - your fault. You figure it the fk out LOL
:bravo:
Dave bringing the :fax: !
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:14 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:02 pm Looks like a ME-109 great plane!
Bottom was blue doe... and ME was not a bomber bro :triggered: . They used Stukas and Do215s for that
wap

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:13 pm
wap wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:11 pm

Forgive me for saying that America is the best country for driving and owning cars. :disappoint: I am willing to defend that statement.
For owning cars, you can make an argument. For driving? Nah. And that's not to say that there aren't great driving roads here. Of course there are. It's the maintenance of them, :jackass: :narc: s, :derp: drivers, shitty jalopies, etc. Those things tend to not be as big a problem over there.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:16 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:14 pm

Bottom was blue doe... and ME was not a bomber bro :triggered: . They used Stukas and Do215s for that
Strafing bruh.
max225

wap wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:20 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:13 pm

For owning cars, you can make an argument. For driving? Nah. And that's not to say that there aren't great driving roads here. Of course there are. It's the maintenance of them, :jackass: :narc: s, :derp: drivers, shitty jalopies, etc. Those things tend to not be as big a problem over there.
A normal person can barely afford a decent vehicle there, and it will come with a 1.2 liter 80hp engine. So much for those autobahn speeds. Yes, there are great roads there, but saying ZOMG it is so amazing there without painting the full picture is just :derp: y.

How can you separate owning/leasing from driving? What do the best roads in the world matter if you can't use em?
wap

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:22 pm
wap wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:20 pm

A normal person can barely afford a decent vehicle there, and it will come with a 1.2 liter 80hp engine. So much for those autobahn speeds. Yes, there are great roads there, but saying ZOMG it is so amazing there without painting the full picture is just :fullretard:
Fuck man, Dave must be right about you drinking early. I'm agreeing with you that it's better/easier to own a car here, and I also said there are great roads here. But as was said, and is demonstrably true, is that DRIVING there, regardless of how much hp you can afford, is a better experience because of the fact that you're surrounded by generally better drivers, better maintained roads, and pragmatic :narc: s. And you can still legally take an 80hp car up to higher legal speeds there than you can here.
max225

wap wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:26 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:22 pm

A normal person can barely afford a decent vehicle there, and it will come with a 1.2 liter 80hp engine. So much for those autobahn speeds. Yes, there are great roads there, but saying ZOMG it is so amazing there without painting the full picture is just :fullretard:
Fuck man, Dave must be right about you drinking early. I'm agreeing with you that it's better/easier to own a car here, and I also said there are great roads here. But as was said, and is demonstrably true, is that DRIVING there, regardless of how much hp you can afford, is a better experience because of the fact that you're surrounded by generally better drivers, better maintained roads, and pragmatic :narc: s. And you can still legally take an 80hp car up to higher legal speeds there than you can here.
Why can't I just love it more here :(
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:35 pm
wap wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:26 pm

You can, and you're wrong.

This is DFD, that's how it works.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Apex wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:09 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:35 pm

You can, and you're wrong.

This is DFD, that's how it works.