Lets talk about Tesla.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote:
maxtdi wrote:
I think unless there is a strict law against it... it is allowed as long as you're there to monitor it....
Not like this is happening 24/7 30,000 retards die every year driving. 1 happened to have been in a tesla with a much less capable auto pilot
Eh, I think that early fatality was a fluke. You're absolutely right that it's not the norm, and I'm not saying it is.

I just didn't think the .gov was there yet in terms of regulations. Letting vehicles drive themselves entirely is a gray area in most states.
I think they are letting this slide for now because there simply haven't been enough fatalities. And it isn't exactly distinguishable from radar cruise

With tesla you HAVE to be in the drivers seat, and occasionally it prompts you to put your hands on the wheel. So it isn't exactly like you can bang a whore in the back seat as your tesla drives you from stripclub to stripclub

yet.
Last edited by max225 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

maxtdi wrote:
Detroit wrote: Eh, I think that early fatality was a fluke. You're absolutely right that it's not the norm, and I'm not saying it is.

I just didn't think the .gov was there yet in terms of regulations. Letting vehicles drive themselves entirely is a gray area in most states.
I think they are letting this slide for now because there simply haven't been enough fatalities.

With tesla you HAVE to be in the drivers seat, and occasionally it prompts you to put your hands on the wheel. So it isn't exactly like you can bang a whore in the back seat as your tesla drives you from stripclub to stripclub

yet.
The dream...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

maxtdi wrote:
Davestr wrote:
There are dead people who could tell you in theory that is poss, but appears they died attempting to do so using the tech on the car LOL
The latest tech just came out, the dead one (only one fatality) was not equipped to do as such.
Full Self-Driving Capability
Build upon Enhanced Autopilot and order Full Self-Driving Capability on your Tesla. This doubles the number of active cameras from four to eight, enabling full self-driving in almost all circumstances, at what we believe will be a probability of safety at least twice as good as the average human driver. The system is designed to be able to conduct short and long distance trips with no action required by the person in the driver’s seat. For Superchargers that have automatic charge connection enabled, you will not even need to plug in your vehicle.

All you will need to do is get in and tell your car where to go. If you don’t say anything, the car will look at your calendar and take you there as the assumed destination or just home if nothing is on the calendar. Your Tesla will figure out the optimal route, navigate urban streets (even without lane markings), manage complex intersections with traffic lights, stop signs and roundabouts, and handle densely packed freeways with cars moving at high speed. When you arrive at your destination, simply step out at the entrance and your car will enter park seek mode, automatically search for a spot and park itself. A tap on your phone summons it back to you.
Does that mean that we can expect these robo-Teslas to kill about 16,000 people per year then? How will the public feel about that?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote:
maxtdi wrote:
The latest tech just came out, the dead one (only one fatality) was not equipped to do as such.
Does that mean that we can expect these robo-Teslas to kill about 16,000 people per year then? How will the public feel about that?
Saving 16,000 lives seems like a huge achievement? :iono:
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Its not the Tesla's its the other idiot, texting teen bimbo or bruhs and mindless Soccer Moms running late. Sorry but tooooo many other non predictable idiots for anyone to think Tesla tech is here to save the day. Keep fkn dreaming and keep your hands on the wheel and pay fkn attention....Mmmkay?? :)
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote:
Detroit wrote: Eh, I think that early fatality was a fluke. You're absolutely right that it's not the norm, and I'm not saying it is.

I think they are letting this slide for now because there simply haven't been enough fatalities. And it isn't exactly distinguishable from radar cruise

yet.
I'm only interested when we're at YET. Drive or do not drive, there is no halfway.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

maxtdi wrote:
wap wrote: Does that mean that we can expect these robo-Teslas to kill about 16,000 people per year then? How will the public feel about that?
Oh I agree. I just meant that I wondered what public perception would be. Would the morans focus on 16k lives saved or the fact that Cyberdyne Motors is killing 16k innocents?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

wap wrote:
maxtdi wrote:
Oh I agree. I just meant that I wondered what public perception would be. Would the morans focus on 16k lives saved or the fact that Cyberdyne Motors is killing 16k innocents?

the public will demand thier safe space and :rage: that the government is allowing this MURDER to happen and ask for a ban
brain go brrrrrr
max225

I think the number of Cyberdyne victims will be FAR lower than the average drives... I am willing to bet it will be 1/10th if every car is autonomous, and that shit is continuously improving to. Unlike the humans.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Its coming but the effort must be coherent and enforceable for insurance and liability etc. This entire autonomous notion has a long way to go and the infrastructure to support it is hardly ready both in terms of insurance/legal and hardware etc. Oh yea there are 50 fkn states with all kinds of good ideas about how they should do it. Frankly its time for a national driving system when they decide to take us out of the loop and bring in the tech to save all our asses. The rules must be the same from sea to shining poverty strewn sea.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

wap wrote:
maxtdi wrote:

wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
wap wrote: Oh I agree. I just meant that I wondered what public perception would be. Would the morans focus on 16k lives saved or the fact that Cyberdyne Motors is killing 16k innocents?

the public will demand thier safe space and :rage: that the government is allowing this MURDER to happen and ask for a ban
:dat: :rolleyes:
wap

maxtdi wrote:I think the number of Cyberdyne victims will be FAR lower than the average drives... I am willing to bet it will be 1/10th if every car is autonomous, and that shit is continuously improving to. Unlike the humans.
Again, agreed, but my question has to do with perception, not facts. It's a Trump world now, buddy, where feelings > facts.
max225

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E4qbeFb12k

You naysayers should watch this... the car is already more advanced than most humans.
But H8ers gonna H8
wap

Who's hating :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Yea, no hate. I think it's damned :impressive:

Problem is, when anyone dies, the media will blow it way out of proportion like usually. All the :derp: s in the world will demand for their destruction, completely ignoring any form of statistics that prove they're much safer. It's the way our stupid world works now.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote:Yea, no hate. I think it's damned :impressive:

Problem is, when anyone dies, the media will blow it way out of proportion like usually. All the :derp: s in the world will demand for their destruction, completely ignoring any form of statistics that prove they're much safer. It's the way our stupid world works now.
:dat:

Although, I'd argue that it's not a new phenomenon. When 3 point seat belts were mandated there were troglodytes that argued they were unsafe because they might prevent you from quickly exiting a burning car. Perhaps, but they ignored the mountain of evidence of all the lives saved by people being buckled in.
max225

For some odd reason professional football players keep not using seat belts, crashing and being ejected out of their cars ruining their careers.

I could never understand that... I mean the chime and warning light alone would make it annoying enough for me to do.
max225

[user not found] wrote:
wap wrote:Who's hating :iono:

I think it's a great idea and also hate the idea for myself because #freedom.
You get the freedom of choice still, to drive and or to have the car drive you.

Personally I'd love a crash prevention system that stops for me if I am not paying enough attention. I think those should be mandatory and would easily prevent 40% of all accidents
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

wap wrote:
Detroit wrote:Yea, no hate. I think it's damned :impressive:

Although, I'd argue that it's not a new phenomenon. When 3 point seat belts were mandated there were troglodytes that argued they were unsafe because they might prevent you from quickly exiting a burning car. Perhaps, but they ignored the mountain of evidence of all the lives saved by people being buckled in.
Morans

Also throw in there people bitching about mandatory back up cameras that have never used one. Then they use one and are like oh shit this is helpful af.
Johnny_P

maxtdi wrote:
[user not found] wrote: :dat:

I think it's a great idea and also hate the idea for myself because #freedom.

Personally I'd love a crash prevention system that stops for me if I am not paying enough attention. I think those should be mandatory and would easily prevent 40% of all accidents
People are horrible drivers man. I've been rear ended 3 times in the GTI, all from drivers simply not paying any attention to what they were doing.
max225

Johnny_P wrote:
maxtdi wrote:

People are horrible drivers man. I've been rear ended 3 times in the GTI, all from drivers simply not paying any attention to what they were doing.
Yes they are... people shouldn't not be driving.
Johnny_P

maxtdi wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: People are horrible drivers man. I've been rear ended 3 times in the GTI, all from drivers simply not paying any attention to what they were doing.
Yes they are... people shouldn't not be driving.
I almost get run over daily walking the dog. From lazy fucks not stopping at stop signs and rolling through intersections.

Actually had one bitch yell at me that it's my fault for her almost running me over because she's driving a car and I should watch out.

People like this should lose their licenses.
Johnny_P

I've actually gotten to the point that if I see Mr. McSlammybrakes behind me riding my ass and nose diving hard I pull over and let him pass. Let him rear end someone else.
max225

Johnny_P wrote:I've actually gotten to the point that if I see Mr. McSlammybrakes behind me riding my ass and nose diving hard I pull over and let him pass. Let him rear end someone else.
Yep been there for years. I let tailgaters and overly aggressive drivers pass me.

To the infuriation of my passengers usually.

Ppl are so strange sometimes when it comes to driving.