Lets talk about Tesla.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Oh boyy, not to mention he proclaimed something against it in regards of use during work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:47 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:13 am Great story about HR, just outsource hiring and firing and you've got a nice :doge: room. Torally agree.

Also, i sadly have no interest in Tesla, three reasons:

1.) .gov sold electricity to private corp, so we will soon have the most expensive electricity in the world if not already

2.) Zero desire to buy a $70k car that interfaces to a low rent Lada steering wheel and iTrudy screen, don't care how much money I'll save on fossil fuels if any

3.) The Model3 looks really chince, even the headlights and taillights are :sad:
While I'm sure it's fine to use, that steering wheel really does look like a piece of shit. And check out all those wonderful smudges from people fingerjamming the screen.

Right! For the money, i want to fondle this type of interor...

Current A-class offering, directly competes with the Model 3 pricewise:
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:15 am I feel so negative spewing out the above. Am i getting :wap: ?
No you are avoiding the absurd hype about a car with a battery. Its not quite saving the world. Its too bad the idiot simply wont run his business in a way to somehow succeed in the long term as he does have an interesting product and the board is not moving apparently to reign him in. No wonder the C-suite turnover is so high.

No wonder the major makers dont appear to be scared at all. His market share is a sliver and why rush into something when they can observe his BS and make things better in the longer term. This is needless drama but hey its fkn entertaining as hell.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:58 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:47 am

While I'm sure it's fine to use, that steering wheel really does look like a piece of shit. And check out all those wonderful smudges from people fingerjamming the screen.

Right! For the money, i want to fondle this type of interor...

Current A-class offering, directly competes with the Model 3 pricewise:
The new A class is growing on me. I like the interior, the exterior is straight poverty though. BUT. Supposedly there will be many engine choices this time around, with a 200 HP and 300 HP offering along with the :fullretard: AMG.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:55 am Oh boyy, not to mention he proclaimed something against it in regards of use during work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
California
Forward thinking startup companies
He shot a fucking convertible into space
Crazy ideas like digging tunnels to avoid traffic

And people are surprised that he's smoking weed?

:yeahok:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Weed is legal here :aintcare:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:Weed is legal here :aintcare:
But don't let anyone see you using it.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:26 pm Weed is legal here :aintcare:
But it's against Jebus teachings so it's bad and I'm selling off all my stock.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:35 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:26 pm Weed is legal here :aintcare:
But it's against Jebus teachings so it's bad and I'm selling off all my stock.
don't forget the cars are made FOR FOOOLS. They have NO REDEEMING QUALITIES. Only complete idiots buy them that BUY INTO THE HYPE ONLY. Customer satisfaction metrics are fake. All tests are FAKE.

They are screwed together by Bulgarian inmates on food rations and painted by drunk sailors with spray cans. :disgust: Also Elon Musk is an absolute fool that accomplished nothing in life but swindle millions of bigger fools.
max225

https://www.leftlanenews.com/tesla-mode ... ugust.html
Model 3 sales reached 17,800 units in August, compared to a combined total of 14,450 units for all of BMW's passenger cars combined.

BMW places its 2-, 3-, 4-, 5-, 6-, and 7-series in the passenger cars category, along with the i3, i8, Z4, X1, and X2.
More fake news.
The Prius Prime, Chevrolet Volt, Chevrolet Bolt and Nissan Leaf counted a combined total of around 6,400 units in August, representing less than half Model 3 sales
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:41 pm https://www.leftlanenews.com/tesla-mode ... ugust.html
Model 3 sales reached 17,800 units in August, compared to a combined total of 14,450 units for all of BMW's passenger cars combined.

BMW places its 2-, 3-, 4-, 5-, 6-, and 7-series in the passenger cars category, along with the i3, i8, Z4, X1, and X2.
More fake news.
The Prius Prime, Chevrolet Volt, Chevrolet Bolt and Nissan Leaf counted a combined total of around 6,400 units in August, representing less than half Model 3 sales
US sales tho. I'm sure BMW is outselling Tesla elsewhere in the world. Regardless, they're moving units.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:47 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:41 pm https://www.leftlanenews.com/tesla-mode ... ugust.html

More fake news.

US sales tho. I'm sure BMW is outselling Tesla elsewhere in the world. Regardless, they're moving units.
Model 3 isn't exactly international yet.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

I like Tesla and the cars are nice. I expect quality and support. The company on the surface does not appear to be able to do both for the LONG TERM. So NO. Wont spend M2/3/4 money on said fuckstick moron with shitty biz practices. Thats called discretion.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:15 am I feel so negative spewing out the above. Am i getting :wap: ?
:notsure:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Davestr wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:44 pm I like Tesla and the cars are nice. I expect quality and support. The company on the surface does not appear to be able to do both for the LONG TERM. So NO. Wont spend M2/3/4 money on said fuckstick moron with shitty biz practices. Thats called discretion.
Shut up old man. You should pay a premium for trendy shit without batting an eye.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Davestr wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:44 pm I like Tesla and the cars are nice. I expect quality and support. The company on the surface does not appear to be able to do both for the LONG TERM. So NO. Wont spend M2/3/4 money on said fuckstick moron with shitty biz practices. Thats called discretion.
Do you have friends/family/coworkers with teslas that are complaining about issues? in all seriousness.

My 4 co-workers seem to love theirs, my old intern is getting hers soon as well.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Built 4Runner & Pontiac Vibe

So impressions... we got a Model 3, long range, rear wheel drove, premium interior, with enhanced autopilot. $54,000.

The entire vehicle is missing buttons. The are power seat adjustment buttons on the side of the seat. There is a steering wheel button on each side that scrolls up and down and pushes left and right. The right side of the steering column is window washer type of lever that is only for the shifter, and a turn signal switch on the left side with a single button to do single wipe or spray the windshield. Besides that it’s window switches on the doors, and each door has a button to open the door. Every single other function of the vehicle is performed through tablet. This has ups and downs, positives are that you have less parts in the vehicle, less things assembled, less things to make noise and creak, less things to go bad, it makes for a clean futuristic look to a point. But with these big wide open uninterrupted surfaces that cheap shorty qualitynof materials used is really in your face on on display. So few pieces to work together yet the fit and finish is impressively bed. That steering wheel.... my god it’s awful. No joke it’s basically what I’d expect if I was going to the electronic section at Walmart to buy a steering wheel setup to play video games with.

The premium interior is pretty basic. Single zone HVAC, the big ass glass roof doesn’t, open, tilt, vent, lighten or darken, it’s just tinted glass that’s there in a fixed position. The seats are horribly uncomfortable and very hot to sit in. The car is alright for about 45 minutes before I find myself moving around in the seat and constantly tweaking the lumbar trying to find something that felt better. Pretty basic power seats. All 5 seats are heated butwith the controls on the tablet you can’t adjust your own seat temp in the back. The seat heaters are just 3 levels, no temperature balance too to bottom that you can can adjust and none of the seats are cooled (ventilated). The visors feel like your going to snap them off opening them, and the little door for the vanity mirror is literally a magnetic flap. Even vent adjustments for the HVAC are done through the tablet. I will say the HVAC is definitely a strong point, it blows cold as fuck and the output is great, rear seat airflow is better then any other vehicle I’ve ever been in especially considering it just has 2 center console mounted vent openings. There’s no key or remote, you use your phone or a credit card looking thing. Tap the B pillar with the card and it’ll unlock to let you in, there’s no ignition or anything, you set the card or your phone on the center consul behind the cupholder and as long as you hit the brake and shift the car is on, you don’t turn it off, you press the P button in on the shifter and then get out and leave.

The tablet menus and operation have a very Apple type look and feel to it. It’s very easy to use, but it also is a distraction to click through menus to find what you want. It did take longer than I’d like to admit to figure out how to lock the doors, it’s an icon overlaying the nav map along the top, with satalite view maps turned on it blended in a bit to well. It’s weird that pressing the wiper button just runs them once and the wiper options pop up on the screen and you turn them on and set them from there. Going from very hot ambient temps to a hard rain for a few minutes from a little tropical storm coming off the ocean then hot again having to constantly adjust wipers and defrost to keep the windshield digging up did not go well. The auto setting for the wipers did not respond to the fog on the windshield.

The left side of the screen shows your vehicle speed and it has a little 3D car, that’s you, and then it displays 3D cars around you as you drive. It’s kinda cool to see how the vehicle interprets it’s suroundings but it’s kinda cheesy as well. There’s parking sensors and a back up camera but no top view, that was disappointing. The car has a camera in the windshield, both B pillars, rear hatch, and both of those little decorative inlays on the fenders but it can’t show you your sorroundings when parked.

Everything being on the tablet mixed with bad seats and a cheap interior, especially the steering wheel, makes the car feel like a gimmick, like it’s kinda cool but it feels like you bought a novelty.

With your phone as a key you can override whoever is driving it with the credit card even if your not in it. They can be driving it while you’re back at the office and you can mess with the HVAC, limit their speed, turn on their heated seats, change the radio stations, it’s kinda fun to screw with other people while they are driving it.

(I typed this via phone, dont mind the mistakes)
www.aguyagirlandatrail.com
instagram.com/aguyagirlandatrail
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Dbest, thanks for the review! I was really looking forward to getting feedback about the Model3
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote:I feel so negative spewing out the above. Am i getting :wap: ?
Eh, maybe, but I'm going to be in my 20s for five more months and I fully agree with you.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Dbest wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:36 am So impressions... we got a Model 3, long range, rear wheel drove, premium interior, with enhanced autopilot. $54,000.

The entire vehicle is missing buttons. The are power seat adjustment buttons on the side of the seat. There is a steering wheel button on each side that scrolls up and down and pushes left and right. The right side of the steering column is window washer type of lever that is only for the shifter, and a turn signal switch on the left side with a single button to do single wipe or spray the windshield. Besides that it’s window switches on the doors, and each door has a button to open the door. Every single other function of the vehicle is performed through tablet. This has ups and downs, positives are that you have less parts in the vehicle, less things assembled, less things to make noise and creak, less things to go bad, it makes for a clean futuristic look to a point. But with these big wide open uninterrupted surfaces that cheap shorty qualitynof materials used is really in your face on on display. So few pieces to work together yet the fit and finish is impressively bed. That steering wheel.... my god it’s awful. No joke it’s basically what I’d expect if I was going to the electronic section at Walmart to buy a steering wheel setup to play video games with.

The premium interior is pretty basic. Single zone HVAC, the big ass glass roof doesn’t, open, tilt, vent, lighten or darken, it’s just tinted glass that’s there in a fixed position. The seats are horribly uncomfortable and very hot to sit in. The car is alright for about 45 minutes before I find myself moving around in the seat and constantly tweaking the lumbar trying to find something that felt better. Pretty basic power seats. All 5 seats are heated butwith the controls on the tablet you can’t adjust your own seat temp in the back. The seat heaters are just 3 levels, no temperature balance too to bottom that you can can adjust and none of the seats are cooled (ventilated). The visors feel like your going to snap them off opening them, and the little door for the vanity mirror is literally a magnetic flap. Even vent adjustments for the HVAC are done through the tablet. I will say the HVAC is definitely a strong point, it blows cold as fuck and the output is great, rear seat airflow is better then any other vehicle I’ve ever been in especially considering it just has 2 center console mounted vent openings. There’s no key or remote, you use your phone or a credit card looking thing. Tap the B pillar with the card and it’ll unlock to let you in, there’s no ignition or anything, you set the card or your phone on the center consul behind the cupholder and as long as you hit the brake and shift the car is on, you don’t turn it off, you press the P button in on the shifter and then get out and leave.

The tablet menus and operation have a very Apple type look and feel to it. It’s very easy to use, but it also is a distraction to click through menus to find what you want. It did take longer than I’d like to admit to figure out how to lock the doors, it’s an icon overlaying the nav map along the top, with satalite view maps turned on it blended in a bit to well. It’s weird that pressing the wiper button just runs them once and the wiper options pop up on the screen and you turn them on and set them from there. Going from very hot ambient temps to a hard rain for a few minutes from a little tropical storm coming off the ocean then hot again having to constantly adjust wipers and defrost to keep the windshield digging up did not go well. The auto setting for the wipers did not respond to the fog on the windshield.

The left side of the screen shows your vehicle speed and it has a little 3D car, that’s you, and then it displays 3D cars around you as you drive. It’s kinda cool to see how the vehicle interprets it’s suroundings but it’s kinda cheesy as well. There’s parking sensors and a back up camera but no top view, that was disappointing. The car has a camera in the windshield, both B pillars, rear hatch, and both of those little decorative inlays on the fenders but it can’t show you your sorroundings when parked.

Everything being on the tablet mixed with bad seats and a cheap interior, especially the steering wheel, makes the car feel like a gimmick, like it’s kinda cool but it feels like you bought a novelty.

With your phone as a key you can override whoever is driving it with the credit card even if your not in it. They can be driving it while you’re back at the office and you can mess with the HVAC, limit their speed, turn on their heated seats, change the radio stations, it’s kinda fun to screw with other people while they are driving it.

Interesting, and rather :disappoint: overall.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:doomed:

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/10/techno ... index.html

Although, :notsure: about people freaking out about Musk taking a hit from a blunt.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:32 am :doomed:

Although, :notsure: about people freaking out about Musk taking a hit from a blunt.

Don't smoke pot kids, you might end up a billionaire rocket scientist who owns his own car company! :lolol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

coogles wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:32 am :doomed:

he did proclaim that people shouldn't smoke weed before/during work, but still did it. Or perhaps the people who found out about the lacking infrastructure on tesla's assumed that this may have instigated the weaknesses on it's cars to begin with. Even though it is usually factory workers or machinaries responsibility for it. :iono:

I feel like people seem to love to exaggerate to a point where it is out of line, and use a way to scapegoat without knowing it.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

Dbest wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:36 am So impressions... we got a Model 3, long range, rear wheel drove, premium interior, with enhanced autopilot. $54,000.

Agree that the steering wheel looks like a piece of shit. Disappointing that the seats aren't comfortable, and the giant screen controlling everything would likely annoy me as well.

How does it drive though?
max225

Doesn’t matter how it drives, this is a Tesla bashing thread. Let’s talk about the tent or better get smoking weed in the tent while talking about the most over hyped car of our lives :lolgasm: