Lets talk about Tesla.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:21 pm
We'll find out sooner than you think...
I am rooting for Detroit. I think it would be nice to see a bit of a "renaissance" in that area, more so than what has already happened.

Also, I love that America is still at the forefront for all this.

MAGA
The challenge is...why would any rational buyer buy an EV? Gas is free...and likely will be for some time. When gas drops to $2.00/gallon (which happens regularly around here), it's cheaper to put gas in our Volt than plug it in.

Tesla was a fresh take on the industry, and I think that resonated with people. They're buying a brand before an EV, and that's really what needed to happen for EV's to become mainstream. But given above, the vehicles need to be so good that people want it despite a gas vehicle being cheaper in every way (other than maintenance I guess). We'll see. It's going to be quite interesting for sure.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:29 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:24 pm

I am rooting for Detroit. I think it would be nice to see a bit of a "renaissance" in that area, more so than what has already happened.

Also, I love that America is still at the forefront for all this.

MAGA
The challenge is...why would any rational buyer buy an EV? Gas is free...and likely will be for some time. When gas drops to $2.00/gallon (which happens regularly around here), it's cheaper to put gas in our Volt than plug it in.

Tesla was a fresh take on the industry, and I think that resonated with people. They're buying a brand before an EV, and that's really what needed to happen for EV's to become mainstream. But given above, the vehicles need to be so good that people want it despite a gas vehicle being cheaper in every way (other than maintenance I guess). We'll see. It's going to be quite interesting for sure.
Is it really a brand? If they make the best electric vehicles on the planet? They didn't get there out of no where. They got there by making truly market-leading products.

Also there is a huge benefit for GM in the case that they are so god damn big. AS well as the other big 2. You can make EVs for cali (we're above $3 a gallon everywhere) and if you make em nice enough ppl will buy them. And you can still make the TRUKS for the TRUMP supporters.

I have plenty of co-workers with bolts/teslas. They were lined up to buy it at release actually and excited about the price point, they gave exactly 0 fucks about the chevy badge. They bought into the range/pricepoint.

For ppl buying the EV's in the 50k+ price-point it isn't about saving money. It is about making a statement and partaking in the future... And frankly the Teslas are fun to drive on a day to day basis.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:38 pm

Is it really a brand? If they make the best electric vehicles on the planet? They didn't get there out of no where. They got there by making truly market-leading products.

Also there is a huge benefit for GM in the case that they are so god damn big. AS well as the other big 2. You can make EVs for cali (we're above $3 a gallon everywhere) and if you make em nice enough ppl will buy them. And you can still make the TRUKS for the TRUMP supporters.

I have plenty of co-workers with bolts/teslas. They were lined up to buy it at release actually and excited about the price point, they gave exactly 0 fucks about the chevy badge. They bought into the range/pricepoint.

For ppl buying the EV's in the 50k+ price-point it isn't about saving money. It is about making a statement and partaking in the future... And frankly the Teslas are fun to drive on a day to day basis.
Nice fkn post!!!! :like: Now buy a fkn Jeep and impress us all!! :)
ChrisoftheNorth

Making the best electric vehicles when most companies were viewing them as toys at best isn't saying much. Tesla's look good, have insane performance, and have made serious advancements in infrastructure, but beyond that, they could be much better. This is where competition will be good. My point is more that Tesla brought EV's into the mainstream focus. You don't need to be some tree hugging earthworm lover driving your 50 mile range EV to Whole Foods to be an EV owner anymore. Tesla made it cool. It made the cars desirable. And that put the industry on notice, and that's going to make for huge advancements.

The challenge is the rest of the country outside of CA. Getting everyone else on board the EV train will be interesting.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Davestr

Here's some EV related headlines from Jalop today - https://jalopnik.com/why-drivers-overwh ... 1821718356
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:13 pm

Making the best electric vehicles when most companies were viewing them as toys at best isn't saying much. Tesla's look good, have insane performance, and have made serious advancements in infrastructure, but beyond that, they could be much better. This is where competition will be good. My point is more that Tesla brought EV's into the mainstream focus. You don't need to be some tree hugging earthworm lover driving your 50 mile range EV to Whole Foods to be an EV owner anymore. Tesla made it cool. It made the cars desirable. And that put the industry on notice, and that's going to make for huge advancements.

The challenge is the rest of the country outside of CA. Getting everyone else on board the EV train will be interesting.
No one views them as toys. Billions are being spent by your and other companies in becoming futureproof. Driving will go bye-bye in our lifetimes. I am willing to bet someone born today will very likely never need a drivers license.

Tesla made electric cars "normal" for the rest of us. Fast charging, incredible performance + great range + epic features. Now owning one isn't a compromise it is arguably a better purchase than a comparable gasoline purchase. That's what made them cool before them nobody came close.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:28 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:13 pm

No one views them as toys. Billions are being spent by your and other companies in becoming futureproof. Driving will go bye-bye in our lifetimes. I am willing to bet someone born today will very likely never need a drivers license.

Tesla made electric cars "normal" for the rest of us. Fast charging, incredible performance + great range + epic features. Now owning one isn't a compromise it is arguably a better purchase than a comparable gasoline purchase. That's what made them cool before them nobody came close.
Either you can't read or I can't type.

My point was that before the Model S, EV's were viewed as toys at best. The Model S changed the game and combined with what you posted re: "normal", put the industry on notice. It was what EV's needed to get to be real cars.
max225

esla Inc. TSLA, -1.46% said late Wednesday it delivered 29,870 vehicles in the fourth quarter, of which 1,550 were Model 3 sedans, 15,200 were Model S sedans, and 13,120 were Model X SUVs. More than 800 Model 3s were in transit, the company said.

Analysts polled by FactSet had expected 30,000 vehicles delivered. Tesla said it made "major progress addressing Model 3 production bottlenecks," with production rate increasing "significantly" toward the end of the quarter. "In the last seven working days of the quarter, we made 793 Model 3's, and in the last few days, we hit a production rate on each of our manufacturing lines that extrapolates to over 1,000 Model 3's per week," the company said in a statement. "As a result of the significant growth in our production rate, we made as many Model 3's since December 9th as we did in the more than four months of Model 3 production up to that point." Tesla said it expects "a slightly more gradual ramp through Q1," likely ending the quarter a weekly rate of about 2,500 Model 3 vehicles.

The company plans to achieve the 5,000-a-week production target by the end of second quarter, rather than first quarter as the company had previously expected. Tesla said the fourth quarter was its best yet for combined Model S and Model X deliveries, representing a 27% increase over the fourth quarter of 2016 and a 9% increase over the third quarter, a previous best. The company said it delivered 101,312 Model S and Model X in 2017, a 33% increase over 2016. Shares fell 2% in late trading after ending the regular session down 1%.
:notbad: if they make 1k a week that is a pretty decent ramp up... no where near 500k a year or whatever the BS was but still not bad.
max225

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/ ... 95727.html

:dafuq: WHY WAIT BRO WHY WAIT
I am not interested in negotiating or trading (so please do not ask). I could, however, potentially ship the car at the buyer's expense if required. Test drives are unavailable due to the low mileage and rarity of this car. The buyer is, however, welcome to give the vehicle a full inspection prior to making a purchase.
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/ ... 69337.html
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:05 pm
esla Inc. TSLA, -1.46% said late Wednesday it delivered 29,870 vehicles in the fourth quarter, of which 1,550 were Model 3 sedans, 15,200 were Model S sedans, and 13,120 were Model X SUVs. More than 800 Model 3s were in transit, the company said.

Analysts polled by FactSet had expected 30,000 vehicles delivered. Tesla said it made "major progress addressing Model 3 production bottlenecks," with production rate increasing "significantly" toward the end of the quarter. "In the last seven working days of the quarter, we made 793 Model 3's, and in the last few days, we hit a production rate on each of our manufacturing lines that extrapolates to over 1,000 Model 3's per week," the company said in a statement. "As a result of the significant growth in our production rate, we made as many Model 3's since December 9th as we did in the more than four months of Model 3 production up to that point." Tesla said it expects "a slightly more gradual ramp through Q1," likely ending the quarter a weekly rate of about 2,500 Model 3 vehicles.

The company plans to achieve the 5,000-a-week production target by the end of second quarter, rather than first quarter as the company had previously expected. Tesla said the fourth quarter was its best yet for combined Model S and Model X deliveries, representing a 27% increase over the fourth quarter of 2016 and a 9% increase over the third quarter, a previous best. The company said it delivered 101,312 Model S and Model X in 2017, a 33% increase over 2016. Shares fell 2% in late trading after ending the regular session down 1%.
:notbad: if they make 1k a week that is a pretty decent ramp up... no where near 500k a year or whatever the BS was but still not bad.
1k/week would be pretty :impressive: Hopefully the quality is there at that volume.
max225

https://www.yahoo.com/news/spacex-shows ... 56415.html

Elon the Faker Musk's other venture... Space-X is launching the worlds biggest rocket (commercial I am assuming) and it will carry a roadster to Mars orbit.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:53 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/spacex-shows ... 56415.html

Elon the Faker Musk's other venture... Space-X is launching the worlds biggest rocket (commercial I am assuming) and it will carry a roadster to Mars orbit.

With a car on top? Should be called....

ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:58 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:53 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/spacex-shows ... 56415.html

With a car on top? Should be called....

:lolol: :notbad:
Davestr

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Davestr wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:17 am Moron be moron. Short or dump it - https://wolfstreet.com/2018/09/05/as-mu ... get-antsy/
:howdareu:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Built 4Runner & Pontiac Vibe

Odd timing for this to be bumped, I got to go buy a model 3 today.
www.aguyagirlandatrail.com
instagram.com/aguyagirlandatrail
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Dbest wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:37 pm Odd timing for this to be bumped, I got to go buy a model 3 today.
:wat:
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Built 4Runner & Pontiac Vibe

Comparison vehicle, picked it up new today.
www.aguyagirlandatrail.com
instagram.com/aguyagirlandatrail
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Dbest wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:09 pm Comparison vehicle, picked it up new today.
In4impressions
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Davestr

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/07/teslas- ... month.html

Chief Accountant leaves after a month. Probably not a weed smoker LOL :)

Another -
BREAKING
Tesla HR Chief Says She Isn't Returning From Leave - Tesla shares plunged and extended their decline after Gabrielle Toledano, the company’s chief people officer, told Bloomberg News that she won’t rejoin the company after taking a leave of absence.
Johnny_P

Dbest wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:09 pm Comparison vehicle, picked it up new today.
Deets? Impressions? We need moar info.
Johnny_P

Davestr wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:44 am https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/07/teslas- ... month.html

Chief Accountant leaves after a month. Probably not a weed smoker LOL :)

Another -
BREAKING
Tesla HR Chief Says She Isn't Returning From Leave - Tesla shares plunged and extended their decline after Gabrielle Toledano, the company’s chief people officer, told Bloomberg News that she won’t rejoin the company after taking a leave of absence.
Relevant: Read the caption.

:whocares: HR people are the most useless people in a company. As evidenced by this chief lady that isn't coming back to work.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Great story about HR, just outsource hiring and firing and you've got a nice :doge: room. Torally agree.

Also, i sadly have no interest in Tesla, three reasons:

1.) .gov sold electricity to private corp, so we will soon have the most expensive electricity in the world if not already

2.) Zero desire to buy a $70k car that interfaces to a low rent Lada steering wheel and iTrudy screen, don't care how much money I'll save on fossil fuels if any

3.) The Model3 looks really chince, even the headlights and taillights are :sad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I feel so negative spewing out the above. Am i getting :wap: ?
Johnny_P

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:13 am Great story about HR, just outsource hiring and firing and you've got a nice :doge: room. Torally agree.

Also, i sadly have no interest in Tesla, three reasons:

1.) .gov sold electricity to private corp, so we will soon have the most expensive electricity in the world if not already

2.) Zero desire to buy a $70k car that interfaces to a low rent Lada steering wheel and iTrudy screen, don't care how much money I'll save on fossil fuels if any

3.) The Model3 looks really chince, even the headlights and taillights are :sad:
While I'm sure it's fine to use, that steering wheel really does look like a piece of shit. And check out all those wonderful smudges from people fingerjamming the screen.