Mini-To keep or to replace with a Toaster?

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:09 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:23 pm

It’s a 14 or 15 don’t know which.
One pedal driving hurts my brain. It’s impossible for them to drive it smoothly too so it’s a barf machine for everyone involved. We all hate it.
My wife HATED when I did one pedal driving in the Volt. Always complained that it was going to make her puke. That's not an issue for the driver :doe:
I had to google this. Yeah that would be annoying to the passengers.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

This is really interesting and what I was saying about long distance travel with anything but a Tesla. Charging to 80-100% charging seems irrelevant on an EV. As it’s quicker to do 20-80 and then 20-80 again than 0-100

It’s a completely different driving experience than with a gasoline car
max225

So Tesla not only one… this is id4 same disclaimer for 80%z
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I appreciate the EV knowledge bombs being dropped in here lately. :like:
max225

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:42 pm I appreciate the EV knowledge bombs being dropped in here lately. :like:
Np. More to come with Tesla model X weekend scheduled for next (7.30) fri-sun :hibachi:
max225

Forgot to mention.

One pedal driving is awesome. I did it on the Queef yesterday and once you adjust 5min into driving. It is completely seamless, you give 10% gas pedal for 10% slow down, 5% is 15% and 0 is 20% deceleration. So you can basically drive without touching the brake unless there is an emergency situation.

No puking I don’t understand that absolute BS. An EV is the smoothest vehicle you can drive. No transmission shifts no jerks from the engine etc. completely smooth experience. The only way it isn’t is if you drive it like a regular gasoline vehicle.

Also it can be turned off at which point it is the same as a regular vehicle but I kinda liked it on.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:00 pm Forgot to mention.

One pedal driving is awesome. I did it on the Queef yesterday and once you adjust 5min into driving. It is completely seamless, you give 10% gas pedal for 10% slow down, 5% is 15% and 0 is 20% deceleration. So you can basically drive without touching the brake unless there is an emergency situation.

No puking I don’t understand that absolute BS. An EV is the smoothest vehicle you can drive. No transmission shifts no jerks from the engine etc. completely smooth experience. The only way it isn’t is if you drive it like a regular gasoline vehicle.

Also it can be turned off at which point it is the same as a regular vehicle but I kinda liked it on.
I imagine people are "getting sick" because the driver is using it like an on/off switch
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

It's awesome for the driver, I loved it. But for passengers that cope with motion sickness, it really aggravates it for some reason. My wife could tell when I had the mode engaged just by feel and would :triggered: that it was going to make her throw up. This is a well documented thing for passengers that deal with motion sickness, not :bs:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:20 am

I imagine people are "getting sick" because the driver is using it like an on/off switch
The problem is that's what it is! You're either speeding up or slowing down, there's no coasting no matter how hard you try. That's a different feeling than a normal ICE vehicle, and I can see how that could bother people with motion sickness.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:24 am

The problem is that's what it is! You're either speeding up or slowing down, there's no coasting no matter how hard you try. That's a different feeling than a normal ICE vehicle, and I can see how that could bother people with motion sickness.
Coasting is a valuable component of driving to me, often times I put the trans into neutral as I approach a condition that requires gradual deceleration, especially on country roads when there's more time and room for speed changes. It definitely makes the drive smoother and more enjoyable for the kids in the back of the car.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Hmm I guess the torque converter helps to smooth the transition in ICE cars. I'd love to try the one pedal thing for myself though
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:15 am
Hmm I guess the torque converter helps to smooth the transition in ICE cars. I'd love to try the one pedal thing for myself though
I kind of misspoke . There's no neutral or torque converter, direct drive. But an electric motor can free spin if you program it to not Regen. That's all the "one pedal driving" is, the electric motor is running in reverse to add power instead of taking it. But since it's programmable, most EVs let you set the amount of desired Regen or how aggressive one pedal driving is. Low Regen is pretty much like an ICE vehicle. Our volt could coast forever in normal mode.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I mean my wife and I have both come very close to throwing up as passengers in the I3. Is that BS?
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:30 am I mean my wife and I have both come very close to throwing up as passengers in the I3. Is that BS?
Facts don’t care about your feelings, brah.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:30 am I mean my wife and I have both come very close to throwing up as passengers in the I3. Is that BS?
Yep. You can drive them like a normal car. So I don’t see the issue
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:32 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:15 am

I kind of misspoke . There's no neutral or torque converter, direct drive. But an electric motor can free spin if you program it to not Regen. That's all the "one pedal driving" is, the electric motor is running in reverse to add power instead of taking it. But since it's programmable, most EVs let you set the amount of desired Regen or how aggressive one pedal driving is. Low Regen is pretty much like an ICE vehicle. Our volt could coast forever in normal mode.
I know how it works, I just thought you meant it's impossible to be smooth with your feet during transitions between holding speed and letting the car slow itself down. Like gradually coming off the pedal to lower the rate at which the car behind to slow down, making it smoother and undetectable.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:41 pm
I know how it works, I just thought you meant it's impossible to be smooth with your feet during transitions between holding speed and letting the car slow itself down. Like gradually coming off the pedal to lower the rate at which the car behind to slow down, making it smoother and undetectable.
Exactly
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Lotta one pedal dick swinging going on in here.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Nope, it's impossible. I played this game with the wife. Everytime we'd get in the car, I'd turn on one pedal driving and see how long I could go before she complained. It takes immense effort to make the car feel natural and every single time she'd complain eventually. I think my record was 15 minutes without complaint.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:44 pm

Nope, it's impossible. I played this game with the wife. Everytime we'd get in the car, I'd turn on one pedal driving and see how long I could go before she complained. It takes immense effort to make the car feel natural and every single time she'd complain eventually. I think my record was 15 minutes without complaint.
Gotcha. Sounds fun if you're in the car alone then
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:10 pm
Yea, I always drove it in one pedal mode when I was alone. I loved it AND in the city, that mode meant using nearly zero range because it charged back what it used from light to light or in traffic.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Just the tip of the iceberg, my lone wolf welding amigo.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:13 pm

Bad news on :datass: so still :foreveralone:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:19 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:13 pm

What happened?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:21 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:19 pm
What happened?
She ghosted the property management company after submitting the rental app, and then ghosted us. Having that dump truck ass and her corgi pup prancing around the house was too good to be true.