Warhammer 40k

Gamers gonna game, game, game, game.
Do Work, Son
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: CX-5

Actually it was Battlefield that I always felt would be perfect for a 40k video game. Battlefield 40k could have shitty IG, ork, or cultist NPCs fighting around you while player characters got to be fancier elites. Different classes could buff or rally the NPCs. Vehicles are a no brained.

I also love the idea that your worst player who dies too many times spawns as a Dreadnought to redeem their K/D ratio.
#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

Second page, this is a hot thread!
#AllPostsMatter
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I have no idea what any of this is about.

The models are fantastic doe.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Melon wrote:I have no idea what any of this is about.

:dat:

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Calvinball wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 8:23 pm
Melon wrote:I have no idea what any of this is about.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

So, when you say models and modeling, does that include any sort of models one might build? I used to build and fly model rockets when I was a kid and recently bought and built one to try to get my nephew into it. I'll post a pic of it if you're taking all types of model pics.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 10:12 pm So, when you say models and modeling, does that include any sort of models one might build? I used to build and fly model rockets when I was a kid and recently bought and built one to try to get my nephew into it. I'll post a pic of it if you're taking all types of model pics.
In4rocketpics

I built some sweet rockets in my day. Launching plenty of army-men and GI Joe's into low earth orbit. :fuckyeah:
wap

Apex wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 10:27 pm
wap wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 10:12 pm So, when you say models and modeling, does that include any sort of models one might build? I used to build and fly model rockets when I was a kid and recently bought and built one to try to get my nephew into it. I'll post a pic of it if you're taking all types of model pics.
In4rocketpics

I built some sweet rockets in my day. Launching plenty of army-men and GI Joe's into low earth orbit. :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah:
I loved rocketry as a kid and really enjoyed building another one last year. I'll try to get a couple pics up this weekend.
Do Work, Son

The polystyrene plastic models come on sprues you cut down and assemble with plastic cement that melts the join. The resin and older metal models were a bitch to assemble with pins drilled into joins, superglue sticking to your fingers, and green modeling putty (Greenstuff or Milliput) pushed into gaps so you don't have seems.

Different guns have different effects, they should be modeled accordingly so What You See Is What You Get (wysiwyg or "wizzywig" if you will) and their points are reflected in their unit entry. Example:

As far as painting goes you can sorta do what you want in most cases and make up your heraldry for your force but it can be a lot of fun sticking to one of the established armies. One of the ones I'm working on, the Iron Warriors, was posted earlier - a gun metal steel with black and yellow chevrons is their signatory color scheme. There's nothing to say you can't paint an Iron Warriors force hot pink with green polka dots but it's going to be a waste of time as it will look like shit.

I was looking up color ideas (this hobby has a MASSIVE online community worldwide) and found this neat blog post where he shares his Iron Warriors in action. It gives you an idea what Warhammer looks like on the tabletop.

https://onyxworkshop.wordpress.com/40k- ... me-photos/

Those guys were using very well built terrain pieces. Distances are measured with tape measures and dice are used to determine outcomes. You have put your models in the best chance of success each turn and play probabilities in your head.
#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

Well that image ain't hotlinking.
#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

Took a screenshot from my iPad.

#AllPostsMatter
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

Here are the links to the Games Workshop page regarding their intro to 40k

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Co ... id=2527914

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Wa ... id=2528023

and frankly the wikipedia page is pretty accurate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Also my go to forum for 40k and modeling

http://www.warseer.com/forums/
Do Work, Son

Warseer is back? I thought it was shut down?

I used to have a profile on Bolter and Chainsword back when I cared what the Internet thought, now all my army lists are totally based on fluff and theme. I'm the antithesis of a power gamer.
#AllPostsMatter
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Do Work, Son wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 9:59 am Warseer is back? I thought it was shut down?

I used to have a profile on Bolter and Chainsword back when I cared what the Internet thought, now all my army lists are totally based on fluff and theme. I'm the antithesis of a power gamer.
This is the most fun way to go :like:
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

This has always kind of fascinated me, but I've never looked into it much because I have no one else I know that plays, and the game shops around here are limited in size, space and what games they host on a weekly/monthly basis as far as I know.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Well, I don't know any of you that live close to me in Magnolia, NJ other than Apex and maybe Zillion. If you are close I could prolly host games & space to paint.
Do Work, Son

Devilchrono wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 12:09 pm This has always kind of fascinated me, but I've never looked into it much because I have no one else I know that plays, and the game shops around here are limited in size, space and what games they host on a weekly/monthly basis as far as I know.
Where are you?
#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

I used to walk by the Games Workshop in my local mall and love the look of the painted models in the display case and once said, "Wow, they ripped off Starcraft!"

My friend quickly corrected me, a couple of years later I throwing down thousands of dollars on this shit.
#AllPostsMatter
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Do Work, Son wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:40 pm I used to walk by the Games Workshop in my local mall and love the look of the painted models in the display case and once said, "Wow, they ripped off Starcraft!"

My friend quickly corrected me, a couple of years later I throwing down thousands of dollars on this shit.
I love my Blizzard games but I damn well know where they came from. When Warcraft came out i was all amped up for Warhammer instead.
Do Work, Son

Grundle, you do Bloodbowl? I'm probably going to start a friend tomorrow. I converted two orc teams and then bought the new one when they re released the box set. I bought the Skaven, dwarf, and goblin teams too.
#AllPostsMatter
Apex

datgrundle wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:19 pm Well, I don't know any of you that live close to me in Magnolia, NJ other than Apex and maybe Zillion. If you are close I could prolly host games & space to paint.
Unless you find some way to Skype a game? :iono: Doesn't seem like that would work doe.

BTW, when I put Magnolia, NJ into google maps, the picture that pops up is of a McDoe.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:41 pm
datgrundle wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:19 pm Well, I don't know any of you that live close to me in Magnolia, NJ other than Apex and maybe Zillion. If you are close I could prolly host games & space to paint.
Unless you find some way to Skype a game? :iono: Doesn't seem like that would work doe.

BTW, when I put Magnolia, NJ into google maps, the picture that pops up is of a McDoe.
zip is 08049. Its a super small town between the Whitehorse Pike and Blackhorse Pike. Also next to the Lawnside Lowes
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Do Work, Son wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:41 pm Grundle, you do Bloodbowl? I'm probably going to start a friend tomorrow. I converted two orc teams and then bought the new one when they re released the box set. I bought the Skaven, dwarf, and goblin teams too.
I haven't tried.
Apex

datgrundle wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:43 pm
Apex wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:41 pm

zip is 08049. Its a super small town between the Whitehorse Pike and Blackhorse Pike. Also next to the Lawnside Lowes
Yeah, you're just over an hour away from me. Will have to make it down for bbq and/or 40k sometime.

I thought it was funny that google thought the McDoe was important enough to be the town pic. :lol: