General video game chat

Gamers gonna game, game, game, game.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Do Work, Son wrote:Is Prey any good? Anyone know if there's a demo on XBL?
I'll take a look, I'm on now.

It looks pretty cool :doe:

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Do Work, Son
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: CX-5

I thought I played one years back, maybe this is a reboot.
#AllPostsMatter
Calvinball

There is a demo, downloading now.

Calvinball

[user not found] wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 11:41 pm There is a demo, downloading now.

In4deets
It was taking too long, I went to bed haha.

datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

Any of you guys play Wow or Overwatch?
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I used to play WoW. Blood Elf Pally's are my jam.
Calvinball

datgrundle wrote:Any of you guys play Wow or Overwatch?
I wowed years ago. Don't have the time for it now.

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

datgrundle wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 10:13 am Any of you guys play Wow or Overwatch?
I started playing again but not on retail, rather on a private server called warmane. They have insane server populations. I play WotLK and it has between 4,500-12,000 people at any given time
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

datgrundle wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 10:13 am Any of you guys play Wow or Overwatch?
Played WoW since Vanilla. I canceled on and off often thru the last 3 years or so. This is the first time that I've finally decided to not go back even with the next expansion. I exclusively PVP'd and just got tired of the unbalanced nature of a few classes.

Played a ton of Overwatch lately. I'm really trying to research racing games again since I've got the autocross bug.
Calvinball

My main was a troll hunter. I used to get my kicks soloing dungeons I shouldn't have.

datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I actively play on Feathermoon mainly on the alliance side and frequent Overwatch. My battletag is zankoral#1417 if any of you want to hang
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

The new Legion expansion has been great. I played Vanilla and stopped halfway through Burning Crusade. Picked it back up just before Warlords was released.
Calvinball

I played during Wrath and then into cataclysm for a bit.

troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

datgrundle wrote:The new Legion expansion has been great. I played Vanilla and stopped halfway through Burning Crusade. Picked it back up just before Warlords was released.
I finally caved and got legion last weekend but haven't played it all week. Got lvl 103 on a blood elf pally after using the included lvl 100 boost, used to always play human warrior tank in vanilla but have only played very briefly since then.

Legion seems well done but at least at sub-110 it is a single player game which is a little lame IMO.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:36 pm
datgrundle wrote:The new Legion expansion has been great. I played Vanilla and stopped halfway through Burning Crusade. Picked it back up just before Warlords was released.
I finally caved and got legion last weekend but haven't played it all week. Got lvl 103 on a blood elf pally after using the included lvl 100 boost, used to always play human warrior tank in vanilla but have only played very briefly since then.

Legion seems well done but at least at sub-110 it is a single player game which is a little lame IMO.
If you're open to playing on the Feathermoon server I can get you hooked up with large bags and run you through dungeons very quickly so you hit 110 asap.
Calvinball

troyguitar wrote:

Yeah you really need to have friends who want to enter the game as a group and level together.

datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I also have sub 110 alts. and a shitload of gold.
Calvinball

[user not found] wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 11:41 pm There is a demo, downloading now.

In4deets
I played like 15 minutes, so far so good. The first monster encounter actually made me jump.

troyguitar

Calvinball wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:43 pm
troyguitar wrote: I finally caved and got legion last weekend but haven't played it all week. Got lvl 103 on a blood elf pally after using the included lvl 100 boost, used to always play human warrior tank in vanilla but have only played very briefly since then.

Yeah you really need to have friends who want to enter the game as a group and level together.

:iono:

It's already incredibly easy to solo every quest so far - I'm guessing that groups aren't needed until dungeons/raids anymore? I'll probably just keep running through the quests myself to 110, they are pretty well done and don't take long at all. It's just weird for the whole game to be solo so far.
Acid666

troyguitar wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 2:01 pm
Calvinball wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:43 pm

It's already incredibly easy to solo every quest so far - I'm guessing that groups aren't needed until dungeons/raids anymore? I'll probably just keep running through the quests myself to 110, they are pretty well done and don't take long at all. It's just weird for the whole game to be solo so far.

The entire game is full solo mode. It was even worse last expansion when they introduced the Garrisons and you didn't even have to leave your Garrison to do anything. Just sit there, send your people on missions like a Facebook game, and then queue up for whatever you wanted to do. If you're looking into more of a challenge like Mythic level instances you're going to need to find a group of people.
They've completely made it a casual experience. I remember back in Vanilla rounding up 40 people for Molten Core and Black Wing Lair. That took a shit ton of coordination. Now, you just jump on it, do the do and done. Virtually zero commitment.
A lot of the game has lost is luster.
troyguitar

Acid666 wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 2:38 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 2:01 pm

The entire game is full solo mode. It was even worse last expansion when they introduced the Garrisons and you didn't even have to leave your Garrison to do anything. Just sit there, send your people on missions like a Facebook game, and then queue up for whatever you wanted to do. If you're looking into more of a challenge like Mythic level instances you're going to need to find a group of people.
They've completely made it a casual experience. I remember back in Vanilla rounding up 40 people for Molten Core and Black Wing Lair. That took a shit ton of coordination. Now, you just jump on it, do the do and done. Virtually zero commitment.
:derp:

Yeah I spent most of my time in the old school game up through AQ, never made it to Naxx and didn't play much in any expansion. When I started in the original alpha test the level cap was 30 and the highest dungeon available was Deadmines - then they brought out Scarlet Monestary which was really challenging at level 30. It was fun but I also definitely don't have time to do that again. That being said, even the old 5-man dungeons used to be fun and challenging back then. 10-man blackrock spire was cool too. LEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOY!
Calvinball

troyguitar wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:43 pm Yeah you really need to have friends who want to enter the game as a group and level together.

Oh I just meant for the social aspect, not as far as actually being able to proceed.

Calvinball

Acid666 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 2:01 pm :iono:

Interesting, I remember there were changes heading down this road when I was playing that people complained about.

I enjoyed my time. If I wanted to just play solo I'd level alts or solo dungeons, if I was feeling social I'd pvp.

Acid666

Calvinball wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 6:29 pm
Acid666 wrote:

Interesting, I remember there were changes heading down this road when I was playing that people complained about.

I enjoyed my time. If I wanted to just play solo I'd level alts or solo dungeons, if I was feeling social I'd pvp.

Shit, I'd say you're out of luck either way. PVP, me and my buddy just did arena 2's and found a spare for 3's. Finding a group to 10v10 for RBGs is very difficult unless you're in a PVP guild.
Socialization used to be the glue that held WoW together. I can't tell you how many people I knew way back in Vanilla. It was phenomenal how your reputation could make or break you. I loved the sense of community on our server. In ways I miss it, but Blizz did make a lot of quality of life changes. But in doing so they lost a lot of the little subtle things that made the game the game it was. I went back to Vanilla when Nostalrius (sp?) was introduced... Man it was a grindfest but I loved every minute.
troyguitar

Vanilla WoW was already easy mode compared to its predecessors (namely EverQuest) but I thought it struck a pretty good balance at the time. EQ was amazing but it was impossible to advance without spending 20+ hours a week bare minimum. Most classes couldn't really solo at all and you actually lost experience when you died, plus you respawned at home without your gear and had to go retrieve your corpse to get the gear.

Hell before that I played Legends of Kesmai which was even more harsh about dying - the monsters would actually take your gear after killing you, and any player who killed them could get your stuff. Some dragons would eat you and send you to the underworld, where you'd have to do a series of quests to reconstitute yourself and return to the land of the living. By then most of your gear was long gone unless you got a friend to retrieve it for you.

Those were the days...