Nintendo Switch

Gamers gonna game, game, game, game.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:36 pm
I thought about buying a Zelda game, the last (and only) I played was Ocarina of time and I enjoyed it quite a bit back in the day. Sad it's only single player.

The refurb switch that I got from Nintendo is supposed to be delivered today. Got a number of games to play, going to start with Mario Kart tonight :doe:

:excited:
Nice.

I haven't made the jump to a Switch. The latest game console I have is a PS3, and I never play it. I just fire up the ol' N64 and SNES when I feel like playing something.
I didn't want to buy one, but wife is bored in the winter and wants to play video games, I'm all in on something interactive instead of just endlessly bingewatching shows and BS.

I have an xBox One that I never play, except for Jackbox party games. xBox has very few few multiplayer (local) games and between work and house stuff, I have little time to play it by myself.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Jackbox is fun. I actually bought a shirt from one of the games we played that matches drawings and phrases randomly from each player. Damn some good laughs were had.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

We played a lot of jackbox in college. Was awesome.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:35 pm Jackbox is fun. I actually bought a shirt from one of the games we played that matches drawings and phrases randomly from each player. Damn some good laughs were had.
About a month ago, we were playing a virtual game with friends in Tee K.O. Hilarity was the normal off the charts for that game, but we were under the influence and a particular gem popped up.

A few weeks passed and a package was in our mailbox. It was that shirt! We didn't remember ordering it, asked our friends who gave us a similar :iono: I went through our CC statement and found the wife ordered it. :lolol:

We wondered how many people drunk bought t-shirts.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Jackbox is great because anyone can pick it up and play and have fun. My friends aren't techy at all, but have a blast playing.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:57 am Jackbox is great because anyone can pick it up and play and have fun. My friends aren't techy at all, but have a blast playing.
We should do a DFD Jackbox sesh
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:53 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:35 pm Jackbox is fun. I actually bought a shirt from one of the games we played that matches drawings and phrases randomly from each player. Damn some good laughs were had.
About a month ago, we were playing a virtual game with friends in Tee K.O. Hilarity was the normal off the charts for that game, but we were under the influence and a particular gem popped up.

A few weeks passed and a package was in our mailbox. It was that shirt! We didn't remember ordering it, asked our friends who gave us a similar :iono: I went through our CC statement and found the wife ordered it. :lolol:

We wondered how many people drunk bought t-shirts.
Oh yes it was Tee KO!

The t shirt fit and quality was :impressive:
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:18 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:57 am Jackbox is great because anyone can pick it up and play and have fun. My friends aren't techy at all, but have a blast playing.
We should do a DFD Jackbox sesh
ANYONE can play. I just stream on twitch from my xbox and people can just join with their phones watching the stream. Works 5/7.

I'm down to setup a DFD Jackbox sesh, it's super easy.
ChrisoftheNorth

So the switch is 5/7. Been playing Mario Kart the last few nights, and they integrated a lot of the old tracks from MK64 and DD. I enjoy it quite a bit.

I'm more blown away by the design innovation with the system. The configurability with controllers and whatnot is really cool.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Zelda BotW was pretty great. Wife and I played SNES Super Mario all the way through recently (That was the one that was out when we were dating back in the early 90's. Brought back a lot of cool memories.) I played Super Mario Odyssey about a year ago. it was good but it essentially a one player game too. (you can play sorta two player, with the second player controlling Mario's hat but its not truly two players alternating like previous versions). The one big drawback of the Switch is lack of content. My adult kids like Super Smash Bros....but I was never a big fan of one on one fighting games.
ChrisoftheNorth

Irish wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:14 pm Zelda BotW was pretty great. Wife and I played SNES Super Mario all the way through recently (That was the one that was out when we were dating back in the early 90's. Brought back a lot of cool memories.) I played Super Mario Odyssey about a year ago. it was good but it essentially a one player game too. (you can play sorta two player, with the second player controlling Mario's hat but its not truly two players alternating like previous versions). The one big drawback of the Switch is lack of content. My adult kids like Super Smash Bros....but I was never a big fan of one on one fighting games.
We smoked and tried playing Smash Bros last night and sucked at it. Going to try again tonight before smoking. We really enjoyed Mario Kart and Super Mario Bros U Deluxe.

I have an xBox for more serious gaming content that I never play. The switch is great for quick and casual gaming for the wife and I.