Official DFD - Election 2016 - MEGA THREAD

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote:
Melon wrote:
Same could be said about Trump's acceptance speech.
True, but I found the HRC one more shocking because I simply couldn't stand her previously. Trump was bad, but I just :lolol: at him.
:dat:
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: :wtf: Seriously? Like they used to and stopped after the election? That's kind of a big deal and really sad.
I don't have cause and effect but starting on Wednesday my wife saw the two women that ALWAYS wear them outside on a walk without then. First time we've ever seen that.
Lot of sensational shit going down. Wouldn't be surprised if it's just a preventive measure.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote:
[user not found] wrote:My neighbors have stopped wearing their hijabs. While they are bad neighbors I still feel bad for them.
:wtf: Seriously? Like they used to and stopped after the election? That's kind of a big deal and really sad.
:dat: :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote:My neighbors have stopped wearing their hijabs. While they are bad neighbors I still feel bad for them.
About damn time.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote:
[user not found] wrote:Image
:lolol:

Yarp.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote:I realized something last night - most people younger than me have never been on the losing side.

My wife is 30 (#millennial) and she was for Bush on 2004 because of TERROR! but for folks any younger than that has never been on the losing side.

I dislike Trump, but he's sounding and acting like a standard Republican, more every day.

this is my shocked face
:rolleyes:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote:Sometimes I feel like being President is like being a parent. You don't really know how to do it at first, but eventually you sorta figure it out.
Probably. Though in the end, they just turn out the same.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Detroit wrote:
[user not found] wrote:Sometimes I feel like being President is like being a parent. You don't really know how to do it at first, but eventually you sorta figure it out.
Probably. Though in the end, they just turn out the same.
I heard an interview with Werner Herzog on NPR last week where a caller requested he impart some wisdom following the election to make them feel better. One thing he said was that the job will shape Trump. I thought that an interesting concept.
:therapist:
ChrisoftheNorth

Calvinball wrote:
Detroit wrote: Probably. Though in the end, they just turn out the same.
I heard an interview with Werner Herzog on NPR last week where a caller requested he impart some wisdom following the election to make them feel better. One thing he said was that the job will shape Trump. I thought that an interesting concept.
:notbad: approach. Probably accurate too.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Detroit wrote:
Calvinball wrote:
:notbad: approach. Probably accurate too.
In the end, who cares if it is accurate. When delivered in a Christoph Waltz-esque voice...the feels improve.
:therapist:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

So, thoughts on the Alt-Right movement that seems to be getting lots of attention?

Think this is really an issue we're going to need to address?
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

What is the alt-right? Like "tea party"?
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote:What is the alt-right? Like "tea party"?
White nationalists
:disgust:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote:What is the alt-right? Like "tea party"?
ChrisoftheNorth

Let's be real, this is going to go anywhere.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote:Let's be real, this is going to go anywhere.
As a matter of public policy, no, but it's uncomfortable how comfortable Trump seems to be with men who hold these ideals.

I mean, there is truth that America is still a divided and racist country, but as time moves on, we seem to be letting go of the old prejudices, and are more accepting.

I was listening to a guy from the Alt-Right movement talk about how on a NYC Subway we're all secretly at war with each other, and there is some truth to that. The cultural differences can make us feel uncomfortable, it's a natural side-effect of the melting-pot, but as we have in the past, we make epic blunders, learn from them, and seem to move on. Groups like this never want to move on. All they want to do is :member: a bleak spot in history where, as they say "European-Americans" were held on a higher pedestal than the other races.

And, people said Obama was a racist.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:
Detroit wrote:Let's be real, this is going to go anywhere.
As a matter of public policy, no, but it's uncomfortable how comfortable Trump seems to be with men who hold these ideals.

I mean, there is truth that America is still a divided and racist country, but as time moves on, we seem to be letting go of the old prejudices, and are more accepting.

I was listening to a guy from the Alt-Right movement talk about how on a NYC Subway we're all secretly at war with each other, and there is some truth to that. The cultural differences can make us feel uncomfortable, it's a natural side-effect of the melting-pot, but as we have in the past, we make epic blunders, learn from them, and seem to move on. Groups like this never want to move on. All they want to do is :member: a bleak spot in history where, as they say "European-Americans" were held on a higher pedestal than the other races.

And, people said Obama was a racist.
There's a lot of accurate observations here.

What's so weird is that in Detroit (an area with a lot of "diversity"), I've never felt much racism. People are genuinely accepting of one another, get along well, etc.

Then I went to Cincinnati a few weeks back. I've never been so uncomfortable. You could cut the racial tension with a knife. I realized that Detroit is unique, and the rest of the country is more like Cincy. Really sad.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It really varies place to place.

Baton Rouge is a hotbed, while parts of New Orleans are NFG.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:It really varies place to place.

Baton Rouge is a hotbed, while parts of New Orleans are NFG.
Interesting.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

A friend of mine blew a fuse when he watched a football game at Oakland I think.. .Vs the Texans... I don't watch football so I may be wrong. He was blown away that after the national anthem they put on a full out Mexican themed anthem with huge Mexican flag on the field. "WHAT FUCKING COUNTRY ARE WE IN?" was his response.
He's pretty damn conservative, and watches damn near nothing but Fox News so he can't stand the far left.

Even if I tried to explain that this country was founded on the concept of immigration acceptance, he still doesn't get it. Sure, a Mexican opening ceremony for an American football game might be a little bit much, but Texas has a pretty big Mexican culture, and I'm assuming southern Cali has it as well. It was probably just their way of celebrating culture and giving Trump the middle finger.
Acid666

[user not found] wrote:
Dude, it was hosted in Mexico. :disappoint:

I don't even sportsball.

LOOLOLOLOL are you serious? HAHAHHAHAH. Ok, now I've gotta rag on him for that. I'm only going off what he said. Poor guy, he's gonna get an earful on Skype later.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Acid666 wrote:
[user not found] wrote:

I don't even sportsball.

LOOLOLOLOL are you serious? HAHAHHAHAH. Ok, now I've gotta rag on him for that. I'm only going off what he said. Poor guy, he's gonna get an earful on Skype later.
:lolol: That's hilarious.
Last edited by wap on Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Acid666

[user not found] wrote: Wait is this post real?

hah yes. My buddy and I usually are on Skype nightly when running arenas on Warcraft..... During the election, his family went to Disneyworld. THANK FUCKING GOD so that I didn't have to hear about the Trump train the whole week. He did comment on a chat before he left. Something to the effect of "Yay now I don't have to keep hearing about climate change". And Fox news can't stand Obama so they're constantly bashing climate policies. YAY FOX NEWS! NOT OPINIONATED AT ALL! FAIR AND BALANCED!
Basically the reaction to finally getting someone in the Oval Office that thinks that climate change is a hoax. I don't get his thinking on it though, his wife has a masters in Geology. She should have a good concept of how climate affects the planet and how it's getting hotter and hotter at an alarming rate.

They're both fairly religious though.... So I guess Jesus trumps science in that aspect.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote:
Acid666 wrote:A friend of mine blew a fuse when he watched a football game at Oakland I think.. .Vs the Texans... I don't watch football so I may be wrong. He was blown away that after the national anthem they put on a full out Mexican themed anthem with huge Mexican flag on the field. "WHAT FUCKING COUNTRY ARE WE IN?" was his response.
He's pretty damn conservative, and watches damn near nothing but Fox News so he can't stand the far left.

Even if I tried to explain that this country was founded on the concept of immigration acceptance, he still doesn't get it. Sure, a Mexican opening ceremony for an American football game might be a little bit much, but Texas has a pretty big Mexican culture, and I'm assuming southern Cali has it as well. It was probably just their way of celebrating culture and giving Trump the middle finger.

I don't even sportsball.

:lolgasm:

:themoreyouknow:
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:
[user not found] wrote:

I don't even sportsball.

:lolgasm:

:themoreyouknow:
:dat: :impressive: