As a hemale...

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:37 pm
[user not found] wrote:
The company is accountable to civil court action. As I said before, we are EASILY sued. Additionally the investigation itself is confidential so the company can't go out and say "Jim did X, Y, and Z". Jim does have the right to privacy and the right to sue for wrongful termination.

Both sides have recourse.
So we're left to just assume that the executives and lawyers working in secret are doing everything right? Sorry, I don't trust anyone to do that.
You are going to be such a trip at parent teacher conferences if you ever reproduce...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:52 pm It seems like there is a myth that a sensitive little flower can go in and accuse Jimmy of making her uncomfortable and Jimmy automatically gets fired. It doesn't work like that.
As a sensitive flower, I'm offended, did you just assume my gender?

:triggered:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:It seems like there is a myth that a sensitive little flower can go in and accuse Jimmy of making her uncomfortable and Jimmy automatically gets fired. It doesn't work like that.
How do we know if it's all secret?
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:52 pm It seems like there is a myth that a sensitive little flower can go in and accuse Jimmy of making her uncomfortable and Jimmy automatically gets fired. It doesn't work like that.
Honestly, I think it’s just starting to feel that way due to current media and quantity of cases.

[user not found], in your professional opinion, do you think they are all valid?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:59 pm
[user not found] wrote:It seems like there is a myth that a sensitive little flower can go in and accuse Jimmy of making her uncomfortable and Jimmy automatically gets fired. It doesn't work like that.
How do we know if it's all secret?
It's not secret. All parties involved are well aware of what is going on.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Melon wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:58 pm
As a sensitive flower, I'm offended, did you just assume my gender?

did you just assume that he assumed your gender?

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:00 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:59 pm How do we know if it's all secret?
It's not secret. All parties involved are well aware of what is going on.
:caspian:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:09 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:37 pm So we're left to just assume that the executives and lawyers working in secret are doing everything right? Sorry, I don't trust anyone to do that.
Humans, by nature, make mistakes. :iono:

Tough to govern with the expectation of robotic perfection when we are by nature nowhere near perfect.
:[user not found]: :doe: :iono:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I had to DFD-ify the thread title.

Continue with the discussion as before.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Melon wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:47 pm I had to DFD-ify the thread title.

:notbad:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:51 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:49 pm Parent comparison... If my boy throws a train toy roughly it's because he didn't have the self control not to. That's not an excuse that gets him out of a time out.

At the same time a single inappropriate comment needs discipline and that won't be someone getting fired. Degree and frequency of action are critical components to the discussion and we are largely opaque to that.
:like:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Sno wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:54 am This is heavy and I'm sorry and this may have been touched on in the political threads but I woke up this morning to Matt Lauer being fired from the Today show and I want to talk about it. Zilch and I are religious Today show watchers. I can't remember the last morning we had that started without it. And frankly, I'm heartbroken.

If you haven't yet heard, I'll give you one guess as to why he was terminated. Accusations of inappropriate behavior.

I want to talk about this because as a female, I feel like I fall on the wrong side of this. I have admittedly ignored most of this rash of abuse claims and cases from the female world. The Harvey Weinsteins, Dustin Hoffmans, Al Frankens, etc. I was bummed over Kevin Spacey purely for House of Cards. But Matt Lauer hit a nerve with me this morning that has left me very confused. I will admit that it took a case and an individual I actually care about to pay attention.

I have my own versions of #metoo and as any freaking female - have been catcalled, grabbed, and made uncomfortable. My personal thoughts are that even the worst story I personally have does not warrant the man losing his job. Now, I don't know these females stories (a general blanket statement) and some of these sound serious but most of them sound like to me that a female simply got hit on. But as a female, you get hit on. My line stops with physical attention, but I am struggling with accusing these females of playing the victim. And this may be the problem, that I have never known any different. Guys just hit on females and I might be in the wrong for just ignoring it and moving on.

My biggest frustration is that I feel like these accusations are watering down rape victims. They're being grouped together and it is not the same. At all.

And the Today Show hasn't released a lot of information, the inappropriate behavior may not even be related to this. I'm looking for some additional thoughts. I'm standing as a lone wolf in female world.
In my opinion it is indeed those guys fault, there is NOTHING wrong, you do you. I see this at the gym all the time, even to me too and i'm a good looking dude. But let's not forget we have self-control. I understand the reason with the way the rape is in this day in age. Some guys would be like "omg she wants to fuck me" the minute a girl laid her eyes on this dude or talks to him a lot, whatever the case maybe. But then again, some girls do "play hard to get" with men as well, which instigates men to make more effort (or should I say pushy) to move forward with the potential "relationship", and it may make some women uncomfortable for the time being; speaking as a man myself.

Say if I see a girl that I found attractive walk by and not even look at me or look away from me, I won't bother me at all. If it's the opposite and I like her, I would try to talk, and if I get signs about not interested, etc. I'd move on. This would depend on different ethnicities/cultures as well. I'm not some clingy guy, or act like a girl that I like doesn't like it's "end of the world" for me. In other words, not :crang:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

That's actually pretty offensive. Not sure if on purpose. :iono:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Got it. Expectations of DFD lowered even further. Almost deep enough to hit China.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

stripethree wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:09 pm
Eh?
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

LOLOL that's hella funny.

I worked at a place where an engineer got fired and it was glorious. He was doing shotty work anyways, but the dealbreaker was when my boss found out from HR that he had gotten harassment complaints from one woman he was talking to so bossman decided to tack it onto his own problems with said engineer and make it the final straw that broke the camel's back.
The emails he sent out snuck their way into our grasp and omg, the delusion going on in that dude's head was so magnificent. People like that need to go once it turns into harassment.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:15 pm

I worked at a place where an engineer got fired and it was glorious. He was doing shotty work anyways, but the dealbreaker was when my boss found out from HR that he had gotten harassment complaints from one woman he was talking to so bossman decided to tack it onto his own problems with said engineer and make it the final straw that broke the camel's back.
The emails he sent out snuck their way into our grasp and omg, the delusion going on in that dude's head was so magnificent. People like that need to go once it turns into harassment.
I want to calculate the torsional rigidity of datass
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Melon wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:16 pm I want to calculate the torsional rigidity of datass
Ok, I'm laughing again. :lolgasm:
Acid666

Melon wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:16 pm
Acid666 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:15 pm

This dude was really something. Work out nut, with a bunker full of heath food shit in his office. He'd shut the door and you could hear the *CLANK* of free weights being lifted above his head and touching on the clock. He also painted, and his prize piece of artwork he did was this mural he did on a section view of a downhole tool scraper. He actually gave it to his last company and when they fired him they told him to take it with him. HAHHAHAH. I think I have pics of that and his office in my email somewhere.

He liked a girl in the front office so he started casually emailing her. And she pretty much just entertained him with quick replies and short responses. After a few weeks of this he followed it with an email titled "I KNOW YOU WANNA FUCK ME SHARON".
Yeah. Dude got issues. His resume is delusional as well. Longest fucking resume I've ever seen.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:13 pm :dat: :triggered: :doe:
Overuse of :triggered:... really :aintcare:.
[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:13 pm Not low enough!
You're not wrong....
wap

Melon wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:13 pm
stripethree wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:09 pm
Eh?
:dat:
:notsure:
wap

Acid666 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:26 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:16 pm

This dude was really something. Work out nut, with a bunker full of heath food shit in his office. He'd shut the door and you could hear the *CLANK* of free weights being lifted above his head and touching on the clock. He also painted, and his prize piece of artwork he did was this mural he did on a section view of a downhole tool scraper. He actually gave it to his last company and when they fired him they told him to take it with him. HAHHAHAH. I think I have pics of that and his office in my email somewhere.

He liked a girl in the front office so he started casually emailing her. And she pretty much just entertained him with quick replies and short responses. After a few weeks of this he followed it with an email titled "I KNOW YOU WANNA FUCK ME SHARON".
Yeah. Dude got issues. His resume is delusional as well. Longest fucking resume I've ever seen.
Dude sounds like a real :jackass:
Acid666

wap wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:34 pm
Acid666 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:26 pm

Oh he's an ass alright. A Dumbass. Look how many "For Dummies" books he's got. On his desk. As a professional engineer.

Also, this was the first 3 sentences for his cover letter to his elaborate resume.
Have you been looking for an innovative, self-motivated, self-managed, detail-oriented, highly-organized, and well-rounded experienced Mechanical / Structural R&D Design, Analysis, & Certification Engineer w/ Project Mgmt. with a proven ability to function independently and within a team and with experience in leading projects from start to finish with team coordination, proper documentation, and directing manufacturing, assembly, and testing through to inspection, audit representation, and sign off? Are you looking for someone who can monitor and track projects in terms of scope, time, and cost and effectively manage multiple projects on time and within budget. Do you need someone who can mentor or work with designers, drafters, engineers, clients, and vendors to offer novel products and services and/or proactively identify and solve new and existing problems and whom can implement cutting edge technology, foster a positive team environment, and significantly contribute to the overall success of your company?

Keeping it on topic. After seeing this guy in action, it made me realize how bad some girls have it having to ward off persistent retards like this.
This dude was somewhat socially awkward, but I can't imagine the weirdness this woman felt once he locked his sites onto her and persisted with his shit, thinking it was ok.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:13 pm
stripethree wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:12 pm Got it. Expectations of DFD lowered even further. Almost deep enough to hit Jhina.
FTFY.

:thankstrump:
:like: :lol:
wap

Acid666 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:36 pm
wap wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:34 pm

Oh he's an ass alright. A Dumbass. Look how many "For Dummies" books he's got. On his desk. As a professional engineer.

Also, this was the first 3 sentences for his cover letter to his elaborate resume.
Have you been looking for an innovative, self-motivated, self-managed, detail-oriented, highly-organized, and well-rounded experienced Mechanical / Structural R&D Design, Analysis, & Certification Engineer w/ Project Mgmt. with a proven ability to function independently and within a team and with experience in leading projects from start to finish with team coordination, proper documentation, and directing manufacturing, assembly, and testing through to inspection, audit representation, and sign off? Are you looking for someone who can monitor and track projects in terms of scope, time, and cost and effectively manage multiple projects on time and within budget. Do you need someone who can mentor or work with designers, drafters, engineers, clients, and vendors to offer novel products and services and/or proactively identify and solve new and existing problems and whom can implement cutting edge technology, foster a positive team environment, and significantly contribute to the overall success of your company?

Keeping it on topic. After seeing this guy in action, it made me realize how bad some girls have it having to ward off persistent retards like this.
This dude was somewhat socially awkward, but I can't imagine the weirdness this woman felt once he locked his sites onto her and persisted with his shit, thinking it was ok.
That's some :impressive: :jackass: hattery right there. :disgust: