Führer Trump and Fuel Efficiency

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:45 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Agreed fully. I wish I didn't care, man. I really do. Wish I could just be happy with taking a bus every day 30 mins each way when its raining or cold, and riding my bike to work when its not. Or I wish I could get an electric vehicle because at least that way your impact is a lot lower on an ongoing basis. When it gets warmer I will bike in to work more often.
I've always wanted a job that could allow me to bike to work. :(
I really miss biking to work.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

You really can't grasp the "you are a cockroach" mentality until you live in a city. Not because they're grimy. Just because they're so dense. There are so many people living near you, your house is just a spec on a map, and it makes you fully insignificant. But if you live in the burbs or a small town and low density and lawns and :aintcare: it's easy to have no fucking clue or just simply not give a shit about how many people live in this world, and how alarmingly fast the population has increased in the last 240 years.

240. That's it. The country is only that old. And it has gone from 2.5 million IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY to 326 million. You took that 2.5 million scattered across the country at the nation's birth and packed them into Chicago's city limit.
Johnny_P

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Agreed fully. I wish I didn't care, man. I really do. Wish I could just be happy with taking a bus every day 30 mins each way when its raining or cold, and riding my bike to work when its not. Or I wish I could get an electric vehicle because at least that way your impact is a lot lower on an ongoing basis. When it gets warmer I will bike in to work more often.
I should just get that Cross Check I want and make it the commuter bike. They're cheap enough....
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:50 pm

I should just get that Cross Check I want and make it the commuter bike. They're cheap enough....
:doit:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:14 pm
maxtdi wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:12 pm

I feel like anyone driving a vehicle that is consuming teenage em pee gees, can not talk about global warming. Neither can anyone that has kids.

Want to fix global warming? Stop having kids. End of story, all is being a hypocrite.
Stop driving cars, stop using plastics, stop being a consumer and a spawn producer.

We're :doomed: as a species on this planet.
mehhhh No care. And how do you know this living thing we call earth doesn't want to be decorated with plastic? /George Carlin.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

the new gen should be :notbad: the current one is just wayyy too slow.

My buddy just crashed his in the snow :disgust:
Johnny_P

maxtdi wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:03 pm

Crashed what? :notsure: I'm talking about a bike :lol:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:39 pm
maxtdi wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:03 pm

Crashed what? :notsure: I'm talking about a bike :lol:
Cross Trek :iono:
max225

So... supposedly 10mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

These type regs inspire innovation. Bad idea to roll back. Given the new regime is science clueless heck why not. Farce this all is in D.C.
Reduce trade, deny science, hassle tourists at the airport many who have visited before, and inspire less not more innovation in fuel efficiency lol......mmmm ok! Still hasnt fixed a fkn Fed interstate yet. Great again LOL! Well done white trash Murica!! He's allllllllllllllll yours ..... Ive told two families in the US to not let their kids join the military. Do not, - as this idiot thinks we should have more boots on the ground in Syria among others. We get what from Syria ? ZERO. Send Ivanka let her man up the tank. A non billionaire lying punk should be no where near the military and its power. Send the Nazi trash Bannon to suck it up in the desert. Fkn coward!
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Aside from ww2 joining the military has always been a stupid idea. Just pointless deaths with the sale of America flags. Joining does not make you more of an American than someone who doesn't.

What's good/ bad about the trump is after this america will probably never let a Republican win again.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:11 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:06 pm Who cares anyway.

We'll all be playing Fallout in real life in about 4 years.
The global temperature trend will continue to go upwards. Wether its man made or not it's happening. If we have a part in it, I think we should try and combat it. But who gives a shit. Texas will just turn into the UAE essentially but without the oil money.
FIFY
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

maxtdi wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:12 pm

I feel like anyone driving a vehicle that is consuming teenage em pee gees, can not talk about global warming. Neither can anyone that has kids.

Want to fix global warming? Stop having kids. End of story, all is being a hypocrite.
Stop driving cars, stop using plastics, stop being a consumer and a spawn producer.

reverse your list, cars are a very, very, very, very small part of c02 output. even if you include their manufacturing energy.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

re: california.

Trump should revoke their 'special charter' shit. It just makes it more expensive for manufacturers.

We need one set of 'good' rules to play by.

I also agree rolling back cafe is a fundamentally bad idea.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:07 am

reverse your list, cars are a very, very, very, very small part of c02 output. even if you include their manufacturing energy.
:dat:

De-regulate and let consumers decide with their wallets what auto makers should make.
People gonna buy fuel efficient vehicles.
Electric cars are here to stay.

And I'll be playing Fallout 4 years from now, from the comfort of my couch, and I'll keep on brubbing around in my C5 getting single digit gas mileage. :aintcare:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Recycling a few plastic bottles, and using a few less gallons of gas ain't going to make a fucking drop in the bucket on a global scale.
Live within reasonable means, use less when you can to save money, but don't go bonkers guilty over consumerism.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:06 pm Who cares anyway.

We'll all be playing Fallout in real life in about 4 years.
:yeahok:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I'll not spawn and brub around in V8 errthang ZFG knowing that I'm far greener than most out there.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:07 am

Yep. Manufacturing and energy produce way more.
Johnny_P

maxtdi wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:57 pm Image

So... supposedly 10mph

:stig:
10 MPH is enough to really fuck up a car anymore. Your friend needs a truck.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Davestr wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:47 am These type regs inspire innovation. Bad idea to roll back. Given the new regime is science clueless heck why not. Farce this all is in D.C.
Reduce trade, deny science, hassle tourists at the airport many who have visited before, and inspire less not more innovation in fuel efficiency lol......mmmm ok! Still hasnt fixed a fkn Fed interstate yet. Great again LOL! Well done white trash Murica!! He's allllllllllllllll yours ..... Ive told two families in the US to not let their kids join the military. Do not, - as this idiot thinks we should have more boots on the ground in Syria among others. We get what from Syria ? ZERO. Send Ivanka let her man up the tank. A non billionaire lying punk should be no where near the military and its power. Send the Nazi trash Bannon to suck it up in the desert. Fkn coward!
:bravo:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:59 am

So... supposedly 10mph

:stig:
10 MPH is enough to really fuck up a car anymore. Your friend needs a truck.
:triggered:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

I dunno this whole full retard trend remains to be seen, I wonder where it'll all go in the end. We're still using gasoline at record rates no matter what the EPA has been demanding under the last 8 years of administration.

Manufacturers just weaseled their way into fake MPG numbers by using ethanol to offset true MPG numbers and ruining millions of fuel systems prematurely. As well as using some inflated MPG figures over the last 10 years that are simply not achievable vs prior.

One can truly argue both ways.

Cars have not become any more efficient that they used to to be. You're still in the mid- high teens for a truck and mid 20s-high 20s for a sedan on average. Regardless of the inflated EPA numbers. that hasn't changed since the 70s fuel crisis.

In the end the only way ppl change is if price of fuel goes up. So far that ain't happening.
SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

So... supposedly 10mph

Californians. :disgust:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR